Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-10-2016, 05:10 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by estesbubba View Post
Just spoke to my dealer and Jayco told them the EZ fan is $37 so not close to the Maxxfan price - so back on the phone with Jayco.

Sorry to hear that. That seems pretty low but I've never priced that brand.
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 11:27 AM   #22

Quote:
Just spoke to my dealer and Jayco told them the EZ fan is $37 so not close to the Maxxfan price - so back on the phone with Jayco.
My point exactly, jayco says $37 then wonder what Jayco prices a MaxxAir vent at? I don't want to use Jayco's price for the EzBreeze then use a dealers price for the other.. Grrrr
Gobbledot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 08:57 AM   #23

Sad that Jayco continues to use things like these that is knows for poor quality when they are to me the Top RV Manufacture. Jayco wouldn't give me a price difference, they said that is something the dealer would have to do ..
Old 08-12-2016, 01:25 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobbledot View Post
Sad that Jayco continues to use things like these that is knows for poor quality when they are to me the Top RV Manufacture.
I think all of us agree fully with this. I'd rather have a quality fan, or a vent with no fan at all. A garbage fan doesn't help and is a waste of money.

Quote:
Jayco wouldn't give me a price difference, they said that is something the dealer would have to do ..
Not sure I agree with you on this. Why would you expect Jayco be able to give you a cost of a fan that they don't use in the manufacturing process? It would be something through the dealers parts department, so the parts department at your dealer would be the one to talk to.
Old 08-12-2016, 02:31 PM   #25

Well I spoke with Jayco again and they said the retail price of the fan is $46 and that would be the allowance towards a different fan. I'm waiting to hear back from my dealer on what they'll do for me. This will be my 4th trip taking it back to the dealer since March so I asked them to cover the difference for a better fan - we'll see.
estesbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 02:41 PM   #26

Quote:
Well I spoke with Jayco again and they said the retail price of the fan is $46 and that would be the allowance towards a different fan. I'm waiting to hear back from my dealer on what they'll do for me. This will be my 4th trip taking it back to the dealer since March so I asked them to cover the difference for a better fan - we'll see.
At least Jayco gave you a price. When I spoke with them it was like I was asking for the security number to their saving account or something. I just wanted a figure so I would know or have a ballpark at what I was looking at. I really don't think you could go to camping world and buy a EzBreeze for the $ they are saying. This really bums me that they know they have a problem and aren't really doing much to try and fix it. What if they got their money for their rv's like they are dealing with this issue? If mine was the only one I could understand a little better but it seems to be a widespread problem with quit a few. Why would I want to put the same back on when the first didn't last but 2 camping trips? Grrr enough belly aching from me, sorry for the rant and rave..
Old 08-12-2016, 02:58 PM   #27

Quote:
At least Jayco gave you a price. When I spoke with them it was like I was asking for the security number to their saving account or something. I just wanted a figure so I would know or have a ballpark at what I was looking at. I really don't think you could go to camping world and buy a EzBreeze for the $ they are saying. This really bums me that they know they have a problem and aren't really doing much to try and fix it. What if they got their money for their rv's like they are dealing with this issue? If mine was the only one I could understand a little better but it seems to be a widespread problem with quit a few. Why would I want to put the same back on when the first didn't last but 2 camping trips? Grrr enough belly aching from me, sorry for the rant and rave..
Looks like you can buy this POS at CW at twice the price that Jayco is allowing for replacement. I've had over 30 issues already addressed under warranty and you would think Jayco could step up and put a decent replacement fan in it. The MaxxAir manual open sells for $125 online so you know cost has to be under $100.

12-Volt EZ-Breeze Vent Fan - Dometic 800600 - Vents - Camping World
estesbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:44 AM   #28

Add another one to the list... I got up on the roof to do some maintenance and the EZ breeze fan was brittle along the edges and cracked when I touched it. I added a vent cover, which should protect from leaks. I think anyone with this fan needs a cover to protect from UV/Leaks. Not sure if I'm going to bother bringing it in if they are going to replace it with another of the same kind. Also, checked all of the caulking and all was good except for around the antenna. There were several cracks in the caulk around it. I'm guessing that the antenna moves, so it might be prone to pulling at the caulk. I put on some dicor and will probably replace it with a fixed antenna soon...

Wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 06:29 PM   #29

What cover did you use on the broken vent? My unit is in service right now and i am trying to get this repaired under warranrty. Dealer stated i must have hit something and cracked it. They stated a maxair cover wouldnt fit this??? Anyone else have luck getting this repaired under warranty?
tledwards25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 08:37 PM   #30

Fan-tastic Ultrabreeze Vent Cover - Black - Dometic U1500BLS - Vents - Camping World

I put this one on. I thought it was the best design and easy to install. A little pricey, though. I am happy with it.

Wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 06:26 PM   #31

Our goes to the dealer tomorrow to replace the fan. Jayco would replace it but I wanted to upgrade to a fantastic fan and a maxi cover. Dealer said Jayco will cover the labor thats it.
Old 10-14-2016, 08:50 AM   #32

This is what I received from my dealer.

I did call Jayco in regards to the vent. You had mentioned about putting in a Max Air vent. I spoke to the technician and Jayco, the vent is working as designed. If the vent is left open when it is raining out, water will splash into the vent causing water to get in, as other vents would too.
If you still would like a Max Air vent installed, that would be something Jayco will not cover, as there is no defect with the current vent.

My Response was this.
OK, so that is a pretty bad design when you cant even install a vent cover to prevent water leaking into it. I will have to install a vent myself. The other vent in the bedroom is designed to allow for a vent cover, where this one is not, so I am pretty much forced into replacing this myself. Maybe you can call jayco and explain that to them, and maybe they will absorb the labor of a maxxair and I can pay the cost of the vent

My Mods Page
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ods-35390.html
spepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 09:25 AM   #33

I ordered the maxxair 7500 for a replacement. I'll replace myself for piece of mind.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

My Mods Page
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ods-35390.html
spepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 08:49 PM   #34

Bathroom vent

Looking for advice on a leak I've discovered on my 2016 eagle 345bhts. I found water on the floor directly under the antenna crank. Naturally I figured it was the o-ring on the antenna worm gear. I went on the roof inspected all sealant and antenna bracket. Everything looks intact. I replaced worm gear hoping that was the problem. The next day the leak is still there. Upon re inspection I noticed my bathroom power vent lid is cracked just like discribed in these posts. My question is could that be causing my leak in the hallway at the antenna crank. There is no water at the vent in the bathroom. Could it be traveling in the ceiling and coming out at the crank handle? I'm trying to get it in to the dealer but of course it's been raining everyday so I'm joe st trying to stop the leak until the dealer can repair. Thanks for any advice.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5817.jpg  
Jhiman31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 05:20 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhiman31 View Post
Looking for advice on a leak I've discovered on my 2016 eagle 345bhts. I found water on the floor directly under the antenna crank. Naturally I figured it was the o-ring on the antenna worm gear. I went on the roof inspected all sealant and antenna bracket. Everything looks intact. I replaced worm gear hoping that was the problem. The next day the leak is still there. Upon re inspection I noticed my bathroom power vent lid is cracked just like discribed in these posts. My question is could that be causing my leak in the hallway at the antenna crank. There is no water at the vent in the bathroom. Could it be traveling in the ceiling and coming out at the crank handle? I'm trying to get it in to the dealer but of course it's been raining everyday so I'm joe st trying to stop the leak until the dealer can repair. Thanks for any advice.
We had the same problem after sealing around the antenna twice. Somehow water kept getting down through it. Finally pulled it off completely and replaced it with the King Jack antenna which fits flush with the floor and does not crank up and down. That was over a year ago with no leaks since.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 06:05 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhiman31 View Post
You could easily pull the trim ring of the vent (inside the camper) off and feel around to see if there is any wetness.
Old 01-22-2017, 03:45 PM   #37

I had mine replaced this fall with a fantastic fan 2250. My factory fan fell apart / to the touch due to UV and was leaking on the floor. Jayco paid the labor and the difference in cost of the two fans. No problems at all with Jayco covering it. General Trailer did the repair and did a great job. I didn't buy the unit there but they did honor the warranty. The folks at the General RV in White Lake Twp, MI are great.
Old 01-22-2017, 03:47 PM   #38

Spend the extra money and upgrade. The factory fan is garbage. They did send a replacement to my dealer but it was the exact same fan (didn't trust it). For as much as we pay for these units why did Jayco skimp out on such a cheap fan!!!