Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-14-2018, 07:40 PM   #1

Cold Weather Operation Problems continue.

Hi group,
What a frustration. We bought our 2018 Eagle 336FBOK to fall and winter camp in Arkansas. Lately it's been around 26 degrees at night and 36 or higher degrees in the day. Not a brutal winter. Things aren't going well but WERE getting better.
Things were rocking along fine until this weekend. Ugh broken pipe. The pipe is of course in the worst place, behind the wall in the half bath,
My question is how do I get access to the piping. Are the pipes on top of the floor? it appears that way because I noticed the water seeping on the floor.
Is everything accessed from underneath?
Is there any service manual available that diagrams the underbelly vent schematic or piping schematic?
Thanks
Dewmahurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 07:50 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Not familiar with the model 5th wheel you have to provide any useful feedback, but you may want to call Jayco Customer Service in the morning for some specific information (have your VIN handy when calling).

A call to your RV dealership in the AM may help as well.

Hopefully a JOF member will respond with some insight.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 08:05 PM   #3

As a follow up to my post on winter problems, i am happy to report that after a visit to Hayes RV in Longview Texas my problems were not as i perceived.
My linoleum bubbling was not caused by a leak but was just a linoleum problem repaired with glue and weights. The technician showed me how to access the 6 in one valve and i witnessed the heat duct that keep the pipes thawed. What a relief.
Dewmahurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 09:15 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewmahurin View Post
As a follow up to my post on winter problems, i am happy to report that after a visit to Hayes RV in Longview Texas my problems were not as i perceived.
My linoleum bubbling was not caused by a leak but was just a linoleum problem repaired with glue and weights. The technician showed me how to access the 6 in one valve and i witnessed the heat duct that keep the pipes thawed. What a relief.
Glad to hear your issue wasn't due to frozen pipes! Those temps shouldn't be a problem if you are using your furnace.
2011 Chevy 2500HD Duramax Crew Cab 4WD
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote