Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-22-2024, 06:35 AM   #1

Coleman Mach Fan Motor

2009 Eagle 345BHS: Estimating about 2 years before storage, Coleman Mach fan motor would not start, made the humming noise. Went up top, turned the blades with screwdriver thru side cut outs and added some 3n1 red, black and white label multipurpose oil and had no more issues. Put camper in storage for 2 years, medical reasons and upon pulling it out, made sure to lube it back up again. Turned on and no issues and let it run for about 1 month before going on 1st trip. 1st night at campground, fan motor would not turn on, humming again. Turned with screwdriver, added WD40 (probably a mistake) and it started right up when I turned it on. 3 weeks later, same thing happened. 2 days later, again happened. 1st day off, I took some PB blaster to the shaft as it looked rusty, let it soak for 3-4 hours and ran it until the evening then added 3n1 again. 2 days later, did it again. I have 2 AC units and this shaft does not spin as freely as the other. I have left the fan in the on position since, today being day 2. Concerned that if I turn it off, may not come back on and of course its 95 degrees daily. I primarily use camper for work and working 6 days a week and will be returning home in one week. I bought in 2016 and have not replaced the capacitors so that will be my first task which is the easier repair. Debating about fan motor. Wanted to get other thoughts? Thanks for your time.
pcguilford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 06:41 AM   #2
Site Team

I would try the starting capacitor first.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 07:56 AM   #3

Yep that was going to be my first task. Thanks and nice to hear from a James Is resident. My wife is from there, I am from Beaufort. Safe travels.
pcguilford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 09:19 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcguilford View Post
Yep that was going to be my first task. Thanks and nice to hear from a James Is resident. My wife is from there, I am from Beaufort. Safe travels.
You got to bring her home for a visit. Wait until November after hurricane season!
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote