Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-29-2021, 12:09 PM   #1

Correct track

Anyone have experience or opinions on the correct track? Replacing both axles and dropping to the lowest hole on the hanger will give me about 2” this system will give me additional height plus allow for alignment as I’m not crazy about having new axles bent into alignment if it needs one.
VaCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 12:52 PM   #2

The discontinued Lippert Correct Track cannot be installed on boot hangers per the manual. That being said, if anyone is interested in purchasing a kit I happened to have one MIB. Guess I should have downloaded the manual before purchasing
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 1.47.07 PM.png  
riesarott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 02:44 PM   #3

Wow thanks for the heads up. I knew it was discontinued pending a new design but was able to find some places still had it in stock. Hopefully the bottom hole will be enough. Guess it’s better this way bc I bought the morryd crossmember and the model ordered does not work with it. They do sell one though. Just need to figure out how to level it up a little bit more. I have B & W hitch I can lower the setting on that and raise the rear but afraid it will be to close to bed rails at that point
Old 04-30-2021, 04:49 AM   #4

I installed the correct track on my 28.5 a few years ago. Funny thing is I believe I have the boot style hangers. I didnt see anything at the time to not use it on that and the correct track was made for lifting the unit up by about 4".

Only slight issue I had was my center supports would shift ever so slightly and not stay straight up and down. I ended up drilling a third hole and added another bolt and nut and that took care of the problem for the center section.

I have over 20K miles on the set up and did the bigger tires, correct track, hitch adjustments, lowering shackles for my F350. It now is level while towing. Just wish Ford didnt make there new trucks so tall. It would have saved me alot of time and money.
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 04:59 AM   #5

So my mind has been stuck on the new axles and everything to there. Right now my B&W hitch is set to the highest placement would raising the axles to the bottom hanger hole roughly 2” and if I lowered the hitch wouldn’t that put me closer to the bed rails ? I’ve got 6-7” now. Sorry been trying to help my dgtr with science all week mind is shot