Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-16-2014, 11:50 AM   #1

create a breeze thermostat

Just picked up our new jayco 343 rkts. So new to the forum. Been reading your posts and have been very helpful on some problems. My latest problem seems to be my fantastic fan or create a breeze. Seems it only will turn on when it is cold in my fiver. The company has sent a replacement. Another honeywell T812D and again it only turns on when cold. I do not have a reversable fan so they are sending another. Seems from other posts noone is having this problem. Any thoughts what I am doing wrong.
Redmsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 12:43 PM   #2

Welcome. I take it that you are adjusting the temperature to a warmer setting and it's not going on? But if you go colder than the ambient temperature it goes on? Sounds like reverse wiring to me. Your overrides work fine?

Mine works when it reaches my 78 degree setting that it opens and exhausts through the roof. Then once below the 78 mark closes and shuts down.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 01:13 PM   #3

Thanks, that is correct. I tried switching wires a thermostat but all it does is open and close power to switch. The company said there is no relay on my fan. Could someone post a picture of the inside of thermostat. I can't right now with phone. But it is set up to push to left and makes connection and turns on. Maybe wired wrong at fan?
Old 06-16-2014, 01:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmsn View Post
Thanks, that is correct. I tried switching wires a thermostat but all it does is open and close power to switch. The company said there is no relay on my fan. Could someone post a picture of the inside of thermostat. I can't right now with phone. But it is set up to push to left and makes connection and turns on. Maybe wired wrong at fan?
Can you tell us how many wires go to thermostat. Should be 3 at least. (red,black and green) If you look on the thermostat,tell us were are those wires connected this should be labeled (w,r,y,c,g,hc,hr) it depends on the thermostat.
Ali#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:47 PM   #5

There are only two wires, looks like door bell wire. One white on y and one white with black stripe on r. Seems like just making and breaking contact, cause it does not matter how I hook it up
Old 06-16-2014, 07:01 PM   #6

Here is a picture of my thermostats, there is only two connections on the back of each one.Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	13564
Old 06-17-2014, 09:19 AM   #7

Ok,if you take the cover of the fan, you will see in the right top corner On, Off and cooler button. on the left hand side it going to be at the top or the bottom corner you'll see where the wires come too. There you can figure out what wire go to the r and y to the thermostat
Old 06-17-2014, 09:34 AM   #8

Wire color code
Black =positive, fused
White= negative or ground
Old 06-17-2014, 09:45 AM   #9

Mine is wired as such.

R = Red with white trace
Y = White wire

Did you try the manual settings on the fan yet?

6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
Old 06-17-2014, 10:03 AM   #10

You have to remember it only comes on when the temp in the trailer matches what you have on that thermostat. If you set it to 78 it won't open and come on till the temp in the trailer reaches 78. If your trailer is cool inside (70-72) then the fan will only come on when it is set at the lower temp. It is designed to help cool the unit to the temp you select.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:37 PM   #11

Thanks I'll look this weekend. Fifthwheel in the mountains. Do my thermostats look like yours?
Old 06-17-2014, 04:43 PM   #12

I have not trIed the manual setting. It works fine when I push the spring all the way to the left and makes contact. So when I set it at 50 it turns on. I just run it till I'm at 65 then more lever to right at 65. And it turns off. Any comments on my picture of the thermostats I posted?
Old 06-17-2014, 05:19 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmsn View Post
I have not trIed the manual setting. It works fine when I push the spring all the way to the left and makes contact. So when I set it at 50 it turns on. I just run it till I'm at 65 then more lever to right at 65. And it turns off. Any comments on my picture of the thermostats I posted?
There is manual thermostat inside the fan that you have to set. The thermostat in pic is just like lights switch it transit on and off.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:41 PM   #14

Thanks, I'll check that out as soon as I can. Still it is confusing why there is an external thermostat. I might as well remove and install a light switch since it works backwards anyway.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:44 PM   #15

My Thermostat is just like your white one in the picture. I have a manual override on the fan itself which has an on/off switch, crank which when you pull down disengages the power opening and a speed selector. I was referring to operating the fan from those controls.

6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
Old 06-17-2014, 05:54 PM   #16

Thanks, I have not operated the fan that way yet. Not able to try it that way till this weekend. But feel pretty confident that it will work manually. Thanks for confirming the stat. If it is 70 in your great looking trailer by the way, and you set the stat to 65 does your fan come on and cool your 5th wheel to 65 and shut off?
Old 06-17-2014, 05:59 PM   #17

Thank you and yes. If I go below the current temperature in the unit by 2 degrees or more(according to the digital one right next to it) then the unit opens and kicks on until the unit reaches the desired temp.

6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
Old 06-17-2014, 06:56 PM   #18

Fantastic Fans is sending another stat to me. But if there is an internal stat to adjust in the ceiling fan maybe I can get it working right. Thanks again for confirming the thermostat, gives me hope I can get it working right. All I got from the service tech where I bought the trailer was read the manual. Not much about it in the manual.
Old 06-18-2014, 05:31 AM   #19

There is not an internal stat it's only to turn it on and adjust the speed should you want to override the thermostat for keeping it on all the time. You pull down on the manual crank hand and then open past the plunger switch.

There is also a rain sensor in mine which will shut it down in the event of rain, but I have a vent cover eliminating that possibility.

6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
Old 06-18-2014, 05:52 AM   #20

Mine just must be wired wrong. I have a manual off on switch on fan, with 3 speed knob and off with fan. A fused connection and shows it has the rain sensor also. But on the stat it must be hot all the time, till it makes contact and shuts off? That is where mine is confusing this newbie.