Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-12-2021, 06:26 AM   #1

Creating a BMPRO cloud account

Good morning from Walnut Ridge VA RV park. We are finally on our very first ever adventure on an RV and our new beautiful Pinnacle 36FBTS. I will post a first day account with our dealer and driving all of 7-9 miles to the park pulling this monster. I have the APP on the phone and working well and trying to set up a cloud account to remote access the RV controls. I have imputed all the required information but when I hit create account it tells me I have a server error and to try again later. I may be missing something simple? Thanks
Old 08-12-2021, 10:15 AM   #2

Did you connect it to WiFi first?
ChiefCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 10:27 AM   #3

I don't see a WiFi connection anywhere? It says connected to Bluetooth but do not see anything about WiFi??
Old 08-12-2021, 10:32 AM   #4

At the bottom of the screen is the android circle button, press that it will bring you out of the bmpro menu. Then press the gear or settings icon, that is where you will find the setup for a WiFi network. When you are done, swipe up on the screen to find the bmpro icon to get back to the regular menu.
ChiefCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 10:38 AM   #5
RJR

You must first go to the settings in the wall mounted tablet and connect the system to a wifi account, once you are connected to the internet via wifi you can then setup a cloud account. You can also set up your Wingard system to wifi, follow step by step instructions in the manual then connect you BMPRO tablet to the Wingard system then you can simply connect the Wingard system to whatever wifi system is available and you will not have to reconnect the tablet again as you will only need to connect the Wingard. Basically by connecting the Wingard system to wifi, you then connect all other devices in the fifth wheel to the Wingard wifi and you do not have to reconnect them every time you encounter a new wifi system. The BMPRO is happiest when you leave it connected to wifi so it can get updates as they become available, whether a home wifi system of an on board system such as a hot spot etc....I know clear as mud, not as complicated as it sounds. The directions for the Wingard system are very good, just follow it step by step. I prefer to setup the Wingard system using a laptop, tablet or phone with wifi as it is more intuitive. The directions will tell you how to do it vs using the BMPRO tablet. Good Luck, works great once it all setup....We have a 2021 Pinnacle KPTS
RJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 11:08 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefCamper View Post
At the bottom of the screen is the android circle button, press that it will bring you out of the bmpro menu. Then press the gear or settings icon, that is where you will find the setup for a WiFi network. When you are done, swipe up on the screen to find the bmpro icon to get back to the regular menu.

Thank you, you all here are great. Online but it took me a few minutes to find BMPRO again. Will try to create account now. Thank You
Old 08-12-2021, 11:09 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJR View Post
You must first go to the settings in the wall mounted tablet and connect the system to a wifi account, once you are connected to the internet via wifi you can then setup a cloud account. You can also set up your Wingard system to wifi, follow step by step instructions in the manual then connect you BMPRO tablet to the Wingard system then you can simply connect the Wingard system to whatever wifi system is available and you will not have to reconnect the tablet again as you will only need to connect the Wingard. Basically by connecting the Wingard system to wifi, you then connect all other devices in the fifth wheel to the Wingard wifi and you do not have to reconnect them every time you encounter a new wifi system. The BMPRO is happiest when you leave it connected to wifi so it can get updates as they become available, whether a home wifi system of an on board system such as a hot spot etc....I know clear as mud, not as complicated as it sounds. The directions for the Wingard system are very good, just follow it step by step. I prefer to setup the Wingard system using a laptop, tablet or phone with wifi as it is more intuitive. The directions will tell you how to do it vs using the BMPRO tablet. Good Luck, works great once it all setup....We have a 2021 Pinnacle KPTS

Thank You, this is next as well
Old 08-12-2021, 11:11 AM   #8

Cloud account created, thanks all again. Winngard is next
Old 08-12-2021, 03:14 PM   #9

hi Folks, another question?? The remote App working great. Went to town this afternoon and returned a few minutes ago. The Boss lady and I had a question about a setting, so we went to the panel. it is disconnected and grayed out, and says to go to settings. Bluetooth is on and remote connection says connected. I am certain this is user error?
Thanks in advance
Rene
Old 08-12-2021, 09:55 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
hi Folks, another question?? The remote App working great. Went to town this afternoon and returned a few minutes ago. The Boss lady and I had a question about a setting, so we went to the panel. it is disconnected and grayed out, and says to go to settings. Bluetooth is on and remote connection says connected. I am certain this is user error?
Thanks in advance
Rene
There is a setting to keep it from going to sleep mode. Might want to check that. Mine darkens but a tap on the screen wakes it up. There are several user manuals available that I printed and keep in my folder. One of them is how to set it to keep it from going to sleep.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 04:15 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350guy View Post
There is a setting to keep it from going to sleep mode. Might want to check that. Mine darkens but a tap on the screen wakes it up. There are several user manuals available that I printed and keep in my folder. One of them is how to set it to keep it from going to sleep.

Actually it is not asleep or I don't think so. It is sort of grayed out and whenever I touch any menu on it it then says I am disconnected, go to settings. In settings it says we are connected in Bluetooth and remotely connected. It also has the Winnguard set up which i haven't done yet. The App on the phone is fine
Old 08-13-2021, 07:48 AM   #12
RJR

That happened to us after a software update. My guess is when you connected it to wifi it downloaded an update and locked up on the reboot. To fix ours we simply rebooted the system using a paperclip in the small hole on the front of the plastic part of the panel, the BMPRO manual shows a good picture of this. The paper clip goes in the hole and gently push up (not directly in the hole) and the system should reboot and hopefully be fine. Good Luck, gotta love technology :-)
RJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 06:57 AM   #13

Quote:
That happened to us after a software update. My guess is when you connected it to wifi it downloaded an update and locked up on the reboot. To fix ours we simply rebooted the system using a paperclip in the small hole on the front of the plastic part of the panel, the BMPRO manual shows a good picture of this. The paper clip goes in the hole and gently push up (not directly in the hole) and the system should reboot and hopefully be fine. Good Luck, gotta love technology :-)

Thanks, yesterday morning woke up early and went on YouTube. Found a video that had me go to the wall panel and push one of the arrows until I found 0F, then press EXT. That woke it up. Then went to settings and scrolled down until I found "system", then "developers options" Then click on the "stay awake" button and the screen will never go to sleep on you again. I was lucky it was the first video I found, lol.
Old 08-18-2021, 04:37 AM   #14

Quote:

Good Morning, in need of a chuckle? Stand by. So Yesterday afternoon I started the Winegard initializing procedure. Right away I was lost as I was looking for some sort of power switch. Lots to learn during the PDI so I am sure I totally forgot about this little on/off switch by the gateway. Once I found it and turned it on, I thought, I went to the panel looking for the Gateway WiFI that I had seen there multiple times before looking for it. Of course the little rascal is nowhere to be found. Went back and flipped the switch the other way,as it is not very intuitive as to the on/off. Still no Winegard. On the BMPRO panel there is a setup for it, however you need to get through the inital setup where you tell the WiFi I don't see your SSID and password. Wait!!! Winegard just showed on the screen, yeaaaa! So, what do I do? I had been reading the manual and was on the browser logging procedure where it says to use ADMIN for password. What do I do? use ADMIN! Of course it didn't go anywhere. Now Winegard has disappeared again not to be found. I am looking in the WiFi page on the tablet, my home network is connected but nothing else on the page. I see a saved network prompt below so i push it. There is Winegard as a saved network!! Of course the only choice if selecting it was to keep or forget. I am on my second drink now, frustrated lol. I then see a set up a network manually, so I did, and lo and behold, it worked! Now I have a Winegard network on the network page with the correct SSID and Password, showing not connected. Life is good now, right? I leave the page and came back to it a couple of times to insure it was still there, and it was. Fire up the laptop and head over to this 10.11.12.1 login page. Not!! Kept getting time outs on the page. Came in the house to the desktop with the same result. By now is 7PM and mama is cooking dinner and demanding my attention. I head back to the RV to close things up and figured I would start again this morning. I switched the screen back to the BMPRO and right there looking at me is Winegard on great big letters asking me to login to a network. I selected the home network, asked and received a password and we are connected!! You can stop laughing now. Of course I still can't make any changes from WiFi to 4G or any other goodies that need access to the software. I will call them this morning when they open and hopefully figure this out
Old 08-18-2021, 08:48 AM   #15

You'll get it mastered. It shouldn't be this complicated but that is our world now. Analog switches worked fine for years but someone decided going digital would be best for us. Technology doesn't scare me but sometimes it does confuse me. Now that I've gotten used to the BMPro I do like it.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 11:44 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350guy View Post
You'll get it mastered. It shouldn't be this complicated but that is our world now. Analog switches worked fine for years but someone decided going digital would be best for us. Technology doesn't scare me but sometimes it does confuse me. Now that I've gotten used to the BMPro I do like it.

I love the whole thing, just not the easiest to set up. I knew I was missing something with this browser login. I had to be on the Winegard network for the login to work. Once there, it was easy, had a firmware update, had me a bit nervous, as firmware updates can be finicky, but it all went great. Thanks
Old 12-15-2021, 09:01 AM   #17

Quote:
I, too, have been trying to set up the cloud account. I have a 2021 Pinnacle with the Winegard, but it seems to require that you install a sim card. I already pay a separate internet bill in order to have a private connection at the park we're in. Adding a sim card will add another $25 per month. Is there any other way to connect?
SVRV4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 09:50 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVRV4EVER View Post
I, too, have been trying to set up the cloud account. I have a 2021 Pinnacle with the Winegard, but it seems to require that you install a sim card. I already pay a separate internet bill in order to have a private connection at the park we're in. Adding a sim card will add another $25 per month. Is there any other way to connect?

No, no Sim card required. What he is saying is that to set up the Winegard account you have to be in the Winegard WiFi first Initially I was trying to do this in the house with my desktop and local WiFi, and of course when trying to log on to the Winegard page nothing would happen. You need to be in the camper, use a phone, Ipad, Laptop, whatever you have to login to Winegard. Winegard will have, assuming it is turned on in the camper, its own WiFi , even if it is not connected to the internet. You connect to it, using your mobile device, the bigger the screen, the better, and then type in the 10.11.12.1. There you will set up all your login, passwords, etc. You then tell it you want to connect via WiFI, absolutely no Sim card needed. Here, I found this, see if it helps you.

Winegard WiFi Connect - How to connect
Step by step instructions on how to connect to your Winegard WiFi Extender for the very first time.
Mike Duclos avatar
Written by Mike Duclos
Updated over a week ago
So you just took possession of your brand new Leisure Travel Van, and are ready to hit the road. You have all the bells and whistles to bring every comfort from home with you one the road, including the Winegard WiFi Connect system to give your WiFi that extra boost.

But... how do you connect to it?

Follow these simple steps and we'll have you connected in no time! All you need is any WiFi enabled device to get started!

Step 1: Turn on your WiFi enabled device and scan for wireless networks

Step 2: Select the network that matches the SSID listed either in your Owner's Resource Binder, or on the back of your WiFi extender box in your unit. When prompted, enter the password found in the same location.

Step 3: Once connected, open an Internet browser, type 10.11.12.1 in to the address bar, and press Enter. This will take you to the Status Screen Login page for your WiFi Extender

Step 4: If this is your first time logging in, or you have not changed your admin password, use the following login and click continue:
Username: admin
Password: admin

Step 5: You should now see a screen similar to the one above. Congratulations! You're now connected to your Winegard WiFi extender!

Next step: Connecting your WiFi extender to a WiFi source

Did this answer your question?
😞 😐 😃
Leisure Travel Vans Help Centre

We run on Intercom
Old 12-15-2021, 06:46 PM   #19

Yes! I will follow these steps to see if it works.
Thank you so much for your detailed response!��
SVRV4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 04:56 AM   #20

My pleasure, let us know of your progress and any additional help you might need. it is confusing to start with, I actually called Winegard for help. That was when I found out I needed to be on the Winegard network to get the browser page to work.