Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-03-2012, 11:31 PM   #1

De-winterizing NOT..

Sad to report this past Wednesday morning our 2011 365 BHS was hit by a tornado and was completely destroyed. Fortunately, no one was at our campground and although nearly 20 campers were destroyed, there were 0 injuries. Luckily it was fully insured, and it's looking like our 11 is going to be paid off and we should clear enough to put a good chunk down on a 2012 365BHS. From what I'm hearing Jayco has redesigned the AC ducting and have much better rear airflow in the 2012 365 BHS.
Can someone confirm if the key fob option does or does not include the keyless door lock? I'm interested in this option but only if it includes keyless entry. We're definately going to pay the extra to have gel coating on the sides and am considering adding the thermal pane windows. Anyone have thoughts about the key fob, keyless entry and or thermal window options? I read in a previous post that the thermal windows are actually just 2 panes of glass and are not gas filled. The upgrade cost is about $950.00 which I don't mind spending if they are really worth it.

Thanks,
Jr
Jrmay25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:49 AM   #2

I don't know about your trailer specific questions.

I just wanted to send you and yours a quick hug. I am so glad to hear that there were no injuries involved. Still not a nice sight to see when your possessions are broken and scattered.

I will be hoping for you and the other campers that the insurance goes through quickly and you are able to up and camping again real soon.

2012 Eagle SL 308 RETS
Lady Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:58 AM   #3
Site Team

Wow, sorry to hear about that. Glad to hear everyone there is OK, the camper can and will be replaced, people cannot. I hope you can get a new unit soon for the upcoming season.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:51 AM   #4

Bless G-d that no life was lost
matt1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:22 AM   #5

We are sitting at home viewing the devistation in the US midwest on TV, feeling safe even though we had winds up to 60 miles per hour and the temperature has changed from warm to very cold overnight with MORE SNOW!
Pretty tame.
When I read about your misfortune it reminds us of the sites we saw 100 miles north of Myrtle Beach last year. It is hard to comprehend. Hoping it works out in a positive way for you.
As for the options, the remote for the jacks, awnings and porch lights is not used to control the door locks. In a another post someone commented that it would just be another key fob to carry. The keeyless entry is accessible only on the door pad that is located on the bottom portion of the door. It controls the deadbolt only. You can still lock/unlock the door handle and deadbolt (seperately) with the key. The power to the lock is supplied by the on board batteries for the 12 volt system, via contact points in the jamb.
After I posted a request for input on the Thermal Windows, I think we have decided to order them but the option is listed at $1,200 for 2012. Any window that is doulble glazed with a seal is considered "Thermal", the amount of insulation property is related to the space between the glass and if it is filled with a specific gas that slows the conduction of cold through the window. I read on another Forum that the aluminum frame still conducted the cold and still resulted in having condensation on the frames, like non thermal windows.
Ask 10 people and you'll get 10 opinions. My concern is dealing with the condensation in between the panes after the warranty has ended. I guess we will run our own experiment in ownership!
4" Magnaflow, Banks Air Intake
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs
DMRGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:48 AM   #6

I too will add - glad no one was hurt! Scary stuff...

Have you looked at the new model - 375 BHLT?

http://m.jayco.com/php/products/floo...id=1758&id=384

I love the u-shaped dinette and the optional king bed.
Shin Pond Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:39 PM   #7

Thanks much for all the well wishes. I have seen the destruction tornados can cause but this is the first and hopefully last time I have personally been impacted by one. I must say it was gut-wrenching to see a tree ripped half way through your 1 year old "baby" and even worse when I opened the door to find the mess it caused inside. Somehow, it only broke 6-8 plates and a 22" LED tekevision in our girls bedroom. Everything else was strewn about, but not even scratched. Like I mentioned it's looking like our insurance is going to pay VERY WELL and we should have $$ in hand by the end of this week. Also looks like RVDIRECT has a couple 365's already online for an early April build so I antisipate being back in a 2012 365BHS by the middle to end of April. I think we will go ahead and remove the key fob option as we mostly leave ours parked in the same campground so it wouldn't be used that much, but I will get the thermal windows, gel coated sides and keyless entry.
Thanks again for this outstanding group. I have learned so much and hopefully have shared a thing or 2 with others. I will certainly keep everyone updated as our pickup date draws closer.

Shin,
I did see the 375 but the wife and I didn't really care as much for the layout as we do with the 365.

Thanks,
Jr

PS I understand Jayco redesigned the AC flow problem many of us were having to the rear bedrooms on the 365 and supposedly this is no longer an issue.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:41 PM   #8

Wow! Sorry you have to go through all that JR, but glad you are all ok
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:59 PM   #9

JR,

I just took delivery on a 36reqs - the keypad entry is standard. Also have the thermo windows...but no experience with them. Good luck and God Bless.
BR_Bo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:09 PM   #10

BR Bo,
The 36REQS is Jayco's Pinnacle series which does include the keyless entry as a standard option. We need the rear bunk house for our 2 girls and the Eagle series is the one that offers a rear bunk house.

Thanks,
Jr
Old 03-05-2012, 10:52 PM   #11

Sorry to hear about the carnage. At least all are safe.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote