Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-14-2018, 09:18 AM   #21

When business is booming the dealer can be selective in who they give preference to. I don't blame the dealer for that and I purchased my TT from a dealer 300 miles away understanding that the local dealer (40 miles away) was not going to service my TT if I need warranty work done.

My past experience with another manufacture (KZ) was they were willing to work with an independent service company on doing warranty work after coming to an agreement on the price. I'm hoping if I do need warranty work done on my Jayco TT that a similar agreement can be arranged. Of course my really hope is that I won't need any warranty work done.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 01:25 PM   #22

I personally think it’s deplorable that ALL Jayco Dealers are not required to perform Factory Warranty work (within the well-advertised 2 year period) but they are not. I contacted Jayco Corporate Offices and received this information first hand. The response identified the Dealers are independently owned and they were free to operate their service department as they wanted, even though they buy from Jayco.
When pressed, a dealer admitted one reason for this was the slow reimbursement from Corporate. Another Dealer just wanted you to buy from him, plain and simple. His price was almost 20k higher than I paid on a 1017 unit. I made my choice and now have to deal with the situation.
Newt5005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 01:25 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRT View Post
LegalEagle
Just curious, which dealer did you purchase from in Abilene that closed?
It had to have been Jerry's Campers. He closed up last year and Hanner RV is now the local Jayco dealership.
gungh0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 01:30 PM   #24

File a report with the BBB on them. While it's true that it is their prerogative not to warranty service your RV, it's bad business. By the way, my brother-in-law bought a new Jayco from Pharr and the warranty work has been horrible. You're better off taking it elsewhere.
gungh0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 01:37 PM   #25

Use an Independent

We did not have any trouble getting our selling dealer to service out coach, but they were often swamped and had trouble getting us in to take care of us. Fortunately, we always had time to allow them to do the work when they could. We have since moved to a small town with two dealers who sell used rigs and do service and parts. Both have great reputations for their service and promise to get parts quickly. You will probably do okay with an independent. Good luck.
Old 06-20-2018, 02:30 PM   #26

No Service

We are having the same problem. We purchased a 2018 Pinnacle from an out of town dealership last fall after checking with our local dealer who stated they didn't have any and were not expecting any until this spring. Now it is time to get a few things fixed within the 2 year warranty. It's not that our dealership is refusing but we called at the end of May and their response was we only have time to repair trailers purchased here. You can call us in October and we might be able to get you in. The 2 year warranty isn't much good if you can't get it fixed. We plan to use this unit and travel at least 6 months a year. What happened if it breaks down? I should say when it breaks down as we all know, you use them, things break. It's expected. What would any of your automobile manufacturers do if the dealerships refused to repair an auto? I know this is not just a Jayco problem but the first manufacturer that fixes this problem will have our business. We have an almost 30 year history with this dealership having purchased 3 trailers from them in the past. They won't get another nickel of ours. They say word of mouth is very important so please don't give Burlington RV superstore in Sturtevant, Wisconsin any business.
wersqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 02:55 PM   #27

Service

We purchased our 2015 Pinnacle out-of-state rather than the closer Jayco dealer, due to substantial savings. Sometime later when talking to the local dealer they said they would work on any unit whether they sold it or not. They did say they give their customers priority. As said earlier by another poster, our dealer and the local dealer will schedule you to bring your unit in for service, but that doesn’t mean that’s when they will start working on your unit. Our last issue was a slide problem, I called a recommended mobile tech. He came out, identified the problem, ordered the parts. He made the slide repair and another repair. Bottom line, the repair was made onsite while I was camped. Took a couple of days using the mobile tech as opposed to being without our 5th wheel for weeks.
16 ft.Nova Craft Prospector Canoe
2 12’ Old Town Loon angler kayaks
okraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:05 PM   #28

Regarding our experience with the mobile tech, he said he also did warranty work. It just takes prior approval from the manufacture. I recommend you call Jayco if you are still under warranty and talk to them about using a mobile tech.
16 ft.Nova Craft Prospector Canoe
2 12’ Old Town Loon angler kayaks
okraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:26 PM   #29

Well I pick up my TT today! Been at Boyer RV since May 15. They did NOTHING with it. Called Jayco for a little help, Lady said they just received invoice for warranty work on my trailer this morning! Going to take 3 to 4 weeks for the entrance door to be shipped. Not Jayco's fault. Dealer! Because they represent and sell Jayco's. won't be buying a Jayco unless a new dealership or owners take over. Shame. Lot person who help me hook up said they have gone thru 40 workers in the last year! YIKES Wish I knew that before I bought
hummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 04:08 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalEagle View Post
I purchased a 2015 Jayco Eagle 323LKTS from a dealer in Abilene, Texas in March, 2015. That dealer has now gone out of business, and I have moved to Lubbock. There is a Jayco dealer here, Pharr RV. However, when I called to have my slides adjusted, they informed me they will not work on my Jayco unless I purchased it from their dealership. I contacted Jayco customer service, and they basically said they could not do much for me, and would not require their licensed dealer to schedule my rig for service. Now, if I need my Schwintek slide to be adjusted, I have to go to someone who is not a licensed Jayco service center and probably has little experience on these type of slides, or drive over 150 miles to the nearest Jayco delaer, who may have the same rule as Pharr RV?? Has anyone else had this problem?
I have been mistreated by local exclusive Jayco dealer for the same reason. Called Jayco up in Indiana & they said they have no control over these “independent “ dealers. For god sakes they are an exclusive Jayco dealer! What kind of business model is that. That said the warranty means nothing to me anymore & next time I buy it will be other than Jayco. So there ya go Jayco!
robert9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 05:09 PM   #31

What kind of idiot that runs a business and turns away business. Jayco should get your dealer network in order to support your products. geez

2017 Hummingbird 17RK (Sold)
2017 Jay Feather 23RSLW Sold)
2020 Eagle HT 30.5 CKTS

2015 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE (Sold)
2017 Chev Silverado 3500HD Duramax
87Yugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 01:44 PM   #32

Quote:
I purchased a 2015 Jayco Eagle 323LKTS from a dealer in Abilene, Texas in March, 2015. That dealer has now gone out of business, and I have moved to Lubbock. There is a Jayco dealer here, Pharr RV. However, when I called to have my slides adjusted, they informed me they will not work on my Jayco unless I purchased it from their dealership. I contacted Jayco customer service, and they basically said they could not do much for me, and would not require their licensed dealer to schedule my rig for service. Now, if I need my Schwintek slide to be adjusted, I have to go to someone who is not a licensed Jayco service center and probably has little experience on these type of slides, or drive over 150 miles to the nearest Jayco delaer, who may have the same rule as Pharr RV?? Has anyone else had this problem?
I have had a similar issue with the local Jayco Dealer in Birmingham, AL. I gladly drive 150 miles to Back County RV in Meridian, MS as the Service Manager their is courteous and will gladly work on my Jayco. I know of another Jayco dealer in Alabama who sells Jayco RV but does not provide service. I have never understood that.
bgelyhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 12:58 AM   #33

Schwintek = Crap in my opinion, nothing but problems with mine. Find a good independent repair shop, and ask them if they will work with Jayco. I was told by Jayco this was acceptable. If they will, have them submit estimates before th work begins, especially for major work. If they won’t work with Jayco, then you pay them and request reimbursement from Jayco. They are usually quick on those checks. I would Pre qualify with Jayco before letting your local shop start actual work in this case. It’s a pain, but a small local shop is often a better option than large dealers that will keep your rig for weeks on end.
wducat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 04:35 AM   #34
RGL

Quote:
I have gone to dealers that said the same thing. The reason is that dealers can charge what they want to when they do non warranty work but when they do warranty work the manufactures tell them what they are going to pay them. So if they can do the same job and make twice the money they opt to do the one that pays the most.
RGL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 06:23 AM   #35

I bought my trailer from a dealer 6 hours away. Coat was 27k less than anyone local. For service I have to use a dealer 2 hours away since the local ones will only service outside the busy season. Kinda a pain, but when I bought I knew it was risk. With that said service dealer is awesome. Been in 6 times for warrenty work, treat me like I bought it there. The longest wait was 5 weeks at the end of the season for a new recliner. Not a jayco dealer anymore but works with Jayvo for service claims.
hymanykd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 07:32 AM   #36

Risky Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by hymanykd View Post
I bought my trailer from a dealer 6 hours away. ...local ones will only service outside the busy season. Kinda a pain, but when I bought I knew it was risk. With that said service dealer is awesome. Been in 6 times for warrenty work, treat me like I bought it there. The longest wait was 5 weeks at the end of the season for a new recliner. Not a jayco dealer anymore but works with Jayvo for service claims.

My selling dealer is four hours away, there are two 'authorized Jayco' dealers withing two hours the other direction. One trip out with the tt, have had no warrantable issues I couldn't fix myself. On delivery noted front cap was either damaged at assembly or in transit, seller said 'bring it back, we'll take care of it'. They will never see me again. I got a 'smokin great deal', but to get there about blew my brains out. AND, no one within 1,000 miles had a Jay Feather 23RL in stock in April.

I'm happy with my purchase. I'm happy with the product. In other words (to coin a phrase) "I'm a Happy Camper!"
kblast523 is offline   Reply With Quote