Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-12-2018, 01:31 PM   #1

Dealer Won't Service?

I purchased a 2015 Jayco Eagle 323LKTS from a dealer in Abilene, Texas in March, 2015. That dealer has now gone out of business, and I have moved to Lubbock. There is a Jayco dealer here, Pharr RV. However, when I called to have my slides adjusted, they informed me they will not work on my Jayco unless I purchased it from their dealership. I contacted Jayco customer service, and they basically said they could not do much for me, and would not require their licensed dealer to schedule my rig for service. Now, if I need my Schwintek slide to be adjusted, I have to go to someone who is not a licensed Jayco service center and probably has little experience on these type of slides, or drive over 150 miles to the nearest Jayco delaer, who may have the same rule as Pharr RV?? Has anyone else had this problem?

Old 06-12-2018, 01:58 PM   #2

I'm sure you probably have an independent RV repair shop in your town that is more than capable to make your adjustments. Schwintek slides are very common through out the industry and not uncommon to any repair shop.

Old 06-12-2018, 02:03 PM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
Well I never had this problem as I do everything myself. Dealers are in-depended and have those bad ideas not to service anyone who didn't bought from them. It is a sick thought......but that's the way it is. You can go to any RV dealer as slides are a common product from lippert or any other slide manufacturer. So go to a dealer close to you and who you trust to do good work.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 02:13 PM   #4

Have never been back to my Jayco dealer once any warranty adjustments were made. Much prefer my independent RV service center (service and parts only; no RV sales).
The components on RV's are standard across the industry, so there is no advantage to "Jayco" after warranty. Most big dealerships struggle to keep staff and usually have lots of junior staff who barely know what they are doing.
A small independent with technicians who have been there for years is a lot more trustworthy. Ask around your area for recommendations. I found my guy in a little booth at the RV show. He was showing off a sweet restored vintage trailer that he had done. Knew that was the kind of guy I wanted working on my unit (for the stuff I won't do myself).

ETA: and his backlog is generally only a couple of weeks (faster if your unit is down), rather than the months my local big Jayco dealer always quotes.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 02:17 PM   #5

I had a similar issue with a different manufacturer and the compromise was finding an independent near me that was willing to negotiate with the manufacturer and agree upon an price for doing the warranty work.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 02:54 PM   #6

You don't need a JAYCO dealer to adjust slides. As was mentioned any Mobile RV tech or RV service center (dealer) should be able to do the work since it is on your dime.
(out of warranty)

And as JAYCO said they cannot force a dealer to work on your unit, dealers are independent(they carry multiple brands) unlike auto dealers who are franchised to one manufacturer.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:07 PM   #7

Its really in poor taste. Any Jayco dealer telling me that wont ever get dime one in business from me..................... ever! This is a Jayco Mother ship problem. They need to control there network and IMO is total BS!
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 05:41 PM   #8

[Jim....Its really in poor taste. Any Jayco dealer telling me that wont ever get dime one in business from me..................... ever! This is a Jayco Mother ship problem. They need to control there network and IMO is total BS!]

Jim, nothing to get excited about. It is the RV industry built in the USA. Someday the RV industry will pay for this poor service they give their customers, but until then many have to live with the situation as it is.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:50 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Smyth View Post
This is a Jayco Mother ship problem. They need to control there network and IMO is total BS!
Many dealers won't touch any BRAND they sell unless you bought it there. They are just understaffed and over booked. JAYCO, FOREST RIVER, or any manufacturer can't force them. I remember when TV sales and service shops did the same thing.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 05:58 PM   #10

In Canada it seems not so bad from what I have heard, maybe someone has can pitch in from Canada. A lot has to do when a dealer repair facility is overloaded with work and that is usual in the high season. Learn, learn, learn to fix things yourself, special when you are on the road.......unless your wallet doesn't care.