Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 03:18 PM   #1

My new purchase experience

We have been fighting with Jayco for four months since buying this thing. Surprisingly the dealer is trying to make it right. All I get from JAyco is if you try to fix it, that will void your warranty. I found there is no lemon law in Arizona. So I'm stuck. Now Jayco has blocked my emails and phone. They refuse to communicate with me. I get mailer-demon no such address. When I call the number is not working. Customer dis-service is their motto. We have had over 25 things wrong. The Dealer is trying but after four months????
Old 10-19-2018, 03:32 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomson View Post
We have been fighting with Jayco for four months since buying this thing. Surprisingly the dealer is trying to make it right. All I get from JAyco is if you try to fix it, that will void your warranty. I found there is no lemon law in Arizona. So I'm stuck. Now Jayco has blocked my emails and phone. They refuse to communicate with me. I get mailer-demon no such address. When I call the number is not working. Customer dis-service is their motto. We have had over 25 things wrong. The Dealer is trying but after four months????

Apparently they are not trying very hard. We hear the dealer is trying or contacted JAYCO only to find out when the customer called JAYCO never heard from the dealer all the time.

You would be the first customer that JAYCO blocked.
Old 10-19-2018, 03:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Apparently they are not trying very hard. We hear the dealer is trying or contacted JAYCO only to find out when the customer called JAYCO never heard from the dealer all the time.

You would be the first customer that JAYCO blocked.
X2

Old 10-19-2018, 03:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyd View Post
I did call jayco , and they took all my info. they said someone will call me in 48 hrs. well they did call and some young girl told us it's just condensation. we'll that didn't fly very well. It might be new but I'm not. this is not something you can give up on.
If it is actually on every wall in your RV, that is a possibility. Have you looked into trying to mitigate that possibility?

Old 10-19-2018, 04:14 PM   #5

Well it's a first. I never swore, said bad things, but I guess she got tired of me and the 25 plus things wrong. Hey when I get mailer-demon no such address on a reply, and try to call and get no such number when I call, what should I think? They can't deal with the fiver that has so many things wrong. I actually asked if it was a Monday build. This has been going on for four months. The Dealer has had it all but three weeks and two were when the tech went to lippert school.
Old 10-19-2018, 04:23 PM   #6

I doubt I am the first based on their responses. I have been told they would extend the warranty, fix the problems. It's lip service. Appease the caller and do nothing. Considering the number of things wrong, they just want me to go away. They are counting on it.
Old 10-19-2018, 04:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Hey when I get mailer-demon no such address on a reply, and try to call and get no such number when I call, what should I think?
They have emlpoyee turn over. The person you were working with may have left, thus their "e" mail and ext may be void. After 17 yrs dealing directly with JAYCO and STARCRAFT 24 yrs prior to that, it is not their method of operation. And for those 41 yrs I attended all but 5 STARCRAFT and JAYCO Rallies and not once was such a complaint ever mentioned.

Since dealers are independent JAYCO cannot force them to prioritize your repairs.
Old 10-19-2018, 04:56 PM   #8

Today we decided to install our washer-dryer. We ran the 4" hole saw centered exactly on the label saying drill here. Went through the wall and started through the exterior. Stopped because considering all the other 25 things wrong maybe they screwed this up too. Wasn't wrong. If we had continued we would have cut through the molding and the cap meaning the vent would have been over a big piece of aluminum and rubber. We went outside and did the appropriate measurements and moved the outside center 2-1/4" towards the back to miss the molding. Fortunately we have an outside that looks ok but an inside that has an elongated big hole. Great. $81,000 for crappy build.
Old 10-19-2018, 04:59 PM   #9

I sent email to support@jayco.com and got mailer-demon.com and my phone was blocked.
Old 10-19-2018, 05:00 PM   #10

Quote:
I doubt I am the first based on their responses. I have been told they would extend the warranty, fix the problems. It's lip service. Appease the caller and do nothing. Considering the number of things wrong, they just want me to go away. They are counting on it.
If your RV is four months old, why would they need to extend a warranty? Who is your dealer ? You mentioned how impressed you were with their work. Typically it is the dealer that is the weak link but it seems in your case you don't think that's the issue. What are your issues?

Old 10-19-2018, 05:01 PM   #11

Oh I forgot. The Dealer is actually cooperative
Old 10-19-2018, 05:12 PM   #12

my issues are that 25 things were wrong and it has taken four months to fix the things we have found so far. Next we wanted slide toppers. Got a quote. Then told you should have researched better because if you buy a Norwood you cannot have slide toppers. Then told the electronics in the manual are not available although they were not listed as an option.
Old 10-19-2018, 05:13 PM   #13

that's unbelievable, if it was a couch from the store you would just return it. sorry to here that. i'm beginning to regret the whole thing. A new truck, bought land, wow!
Old 10-19-2018, 05:29 PM   #14

Quote:
. Next we wanted slide toppers. Got a quote. Then told you should have researched better because if you buy a Norwood you cannot have slide toppers. Then told the electronics in the manual are not available although they were not listed as an option.
None of what you just said makes any sense, sorry. If you have a NORTHPOINT, slide out toppers have been an option going way back. Your dealer knows they can be installed.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:47 PM   #15

Quote:
Quote:
I sent email to support@jayco.com and got mailer-demon.com and my phone was blocked.
Quote:
Oh I forgot. The Dealer is actually cooperative

If I'm understanding your posts:
You've called and emailed Jayco on numerous occasions to get problems resolved and they've said they'd fix the problems.
Your dealer is very cooperative and yet your posts sound as though he has actually done nothing to fix your problems.

Why do you blame Jayco completely and the dealer not at all?
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
Old 10-19-2018, 10:10 PM   #16

Quote:
my issues are that 25 things were wrong and it has taken four months to fix the things we have found so far. Next we wanted slide toppers. Got a quote. Then told you should have researched better because if you buy a Norwood you cannot have slide toppers. Then told the electronics in the manual are not available although they were not listed as an option.
You don't have a Norwood.. Those are your big issues? So the 25 things got fixed, just not fast enough? Sounds like a dealer issue. And your upset that a book showed electronics but they were not available as an option ?

Perhaps your expectations were unrealistic?

If everything got fixed..in 4 months, and you have a two year warranty, why are you saying they wouldn't extend the warranty for you?? Something is missing.. Be happy your unit is repaired... you want slide toppers do it...it's yours. and purchase the "not optional" electronics and have them installed.

Guess I'm not seeing the issues.

Old 10-19-2018, 10:25 PM   #17

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
If I'm understanding your posts:
You've called and emailed Jayco on numerous occasions to get problems resolved and they've said they'd fix the problems.
Your dealer is very cooperative and yet your posts sound as though he has actually done nothing to fix your problems.

Why do you blame Jayco completely and the dealer not at all?

Oops! Sorry! For some reason I missed the post saying that you have had 25 things fixed. I'd delete my post if I could.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
Old 10-20-2018, 12:45 PM   #18

OK. You guys have convinced me that four months of the rig sitting at the dealer is expected for warranty work. I waited two months for the stove top to show up, so I can't and didn't blame the dealer. Next, I cannot put slide toppers on it because there are no backing plates to mount the spindles. If I try it will void the warranty. Sorry, I don't have a Norwood, spell checker or something changed it from Norcold. Because it had a Norcold they left out the backing plates.
Old 10-20-2018, 01:15 PM   #19

Quote:
OK. You guys have convinced me that four months of the rig sitting at the dealer is expected for warranty work. I waited two months for the stove top to show up, so I can't and didn't blame the dealer. Next, I cannot put slide toppers on it because there are no backing plates to mount the spindles. If I try it will void the warranty. Sorry, I don't have a Norwood, spell checker or something changed it from Norcold. Because it had a Norcold they left out the backing plates.

You are aware an appliance is NOT covered under Jayco's warranty...it is covered by the appliance mfg.. no difference than if you purchased a new stick and brink and the stove top went out, you don't contact the builder you contact the appliance mfg.. If you assumed you could put slide toppers on and didn't ask before you purchased.. well... if you asked and were told you could, that is a dealer issue not Jayco. If your dealer kept the RV for two months while waiting on a stove top I would have a conversation with that dealer.. Are you even sure they ordered it when you first went in ? Most times when it comes out, it's the dealer that didn't order or, didn't order because they were backed up and waited till they had an opening to actually do the work before ordering.. It's easy for them to blame others. But all dealers have issues getting employees, let alone trained employees.. No one wants to get their hands dirty any more. I mentioned this before, a RV repair center in Parker, Co, advertised for a HS kid to work in the summer. $15 an hour no experience, and got zero applicants. With the huge increase in RV sales and lack of techs this is not going to get better, soon. It's part of the reason many of us decide to do mods and repairs ourselves when we can. I know Jayco has been very quick to respond when we had the few issues we did, and we were sent the parts and I installed them.. Win win for both of us.. no labor for them, and no out of service for me.

It's starting to look as tho blaming Jayco may not be accurate. I would start with the dealer.

Good Luck.. I'm happy you were able to get your items fixed.

Old 10-20-2018, 01:30 PM   #20
Site Team

It seems this thread has drifted away from the issues of the OP and to the issues of another. Perhaps a separate thread should be created, and when there is a resolution it be posted.
Closed Thread