Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-09-2017, 07:10 PM   #1

Deletions on 2018 models

While not wanting to Hijack another Members Post, I thought I would start another.
I just ordered a 2018 Pinnacle 36KPTS to replace our 2012 model I see there are a couple deletions that frankly I will miss, and of course some that to me do not make that much difference to me.
Rather than go over all of them, like I said most of them don't make a difference one way or the other.
The one that I will miss the most is the Keyless entry. I really liked that feature. While mine (in my 2012 was powered by the main battery through a couple contacts on the hinge side of the door, I guess the later models had their own battery as do the aftermarket locksets) I will look into an aftermarket set, but what I want to investigate is if I can use the OEM lock tumblers, in the replacement set so the same keys will work.
As far as the safe I did use mine a couple times, but adding a lock box will not be a big issue.
Power TV Lift not much of an issue, never had one, nor do I see the TV being stowed except for travel.
rdlouks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:11 PM   #2

Agreed and glad to see a post talking about the Pinnacle changes too. They appear to be similiar but not exact to the NP. We ordered a 2018 SPQS to replace our 2015 FLSA; expecting delivery in late June.

Like you most of the changes in my opinion are fair trades for the adds. Curious about the accessory hitch, on NP it says it went from included to option; wonder if it's the same for Pinnacles. We like the new stove/oven combo and the steps, hoping for the best with everything else too.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Old 05-10-2017, 03:16 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grawe View Post
Agreed and glad to see a post talking about the Pinnacle changes too. They appear to be similiar but not exact to the NP. We ordered a 2018 SPQS to replace our 2015 FLSA; expecting delivery in late June.

Like you most of the changes in my opinion are fair trades for the adds. Curious about the accessory hitch, on NP it says it went from included to option; wonder if it's the same for Pinnacles. We like the new stove/oven combo and the steps, hoping for the best with everything else too.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
From what I am reading/hearing the accessory hitch on the Pinnacle has also been changed from "Standard" to "An Option"
rdlouks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 04:11 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlouks View Post
The one that I will miss the most is the Keyless entry.
It seems to me the keyless entry was only around for a couple years. I'm betting they had too many problems with people getting locked out.

wan-der-lust's YouTube Channel and Instagram

wanderlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 10:19 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlouks View Post
From what I am reading/hearing the accessory hitch on the Pinnacle has also been changed from "Standard" to "An Option"
Yep, dealer confirmed the accessory hitch is no longer standard but still available as an option.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk