Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-07-2016, 11:30 PM   #1

Demco Auto Slider

Has anyone purchased and used the Demco auto-slider 5th wheel hitch, I have been checking out the Pullrite and Demco, I like the height adjustment and head locking mechanism of the Demco. I have a Demco/Hijacker stationary hitch, would like a auto-slider because of the tight turns I have to make.

Thanks Les
Old 02-09-2016, 12:48 PM   #2

I am surprised that no one has chimed in on this post. I too would like to hear from someone that has a Demco.
Pull Rite SuperGlide #4100 Hitch w/Mor-Ryde Pin Box
dalebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 10:27 PM   #3

Demco Hijacker with Jayco Pinnacle

Purchased a Hijacker at Camping world Fairfield Ohio. after driving with it, it felt like is was not working correctly (no autosliding, and hitch plate assembly was impossible to turn with my hands). I called Demco support and have not been able to resolve this issue. All I think is needed is some fine tuning adjustments with the hitch but support at Demcoo thinks I need a wedge and something else welded to my Moreryde pin box. Video on etrailer.com specifically states that a wedge is not necessary. I will post results here when I get the issue resolved. It is turning into a Watergate fishing expedition. Another Camping World location would not look at it because the product is not sold by them.
A Demco dealer I found in the area (Florida where I am for the winter) blew me off because it is their policy not to touch other dealer's installations. Demco stated they have no control over their dealers!! Can you imagine Demco putting up with this??

Part of the problem is that I am not mechanically minded, but I am learning things rapidly as I am new to 5th wheels.
Don Zimmerman
DONALD E. ZIMMERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:47 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONALD E. ZIMMERMAN View Post
Purchased a Hijacker at Camping world Fairfield Ohio. after driving with it, it felt like is was not working correctly (no autosliding, and hitch plate assembly was impossible to turn with my hands). I called Demco support and have not been able to resolve this issue. All I think is needed is some fine tuning adjustments with the hitch but support at Demcoo thinks I need a wedge and something else welded to my Moreryde pin box. Video on etrailer.com specifically states that a wedge is not necessary. I will post results here when I get the issue resolved. It is turning into a Watergate fishing expedition. Another Camping World location would not look at it because the product is not sold by them.
A Demco dealer I found in the area (Florida where I am for the winter) blew me off because it is their policy not to touch other dealer's installations. Demco stated they have no control over their dealers!! Can you imagine Demco putting up with this??

Part of the problem is that I am not mechanically minded, but I am learning things rapidly as I am new to 5th wheels.
Don Zimmerman
After reading Donald's post and the research I have found, I think I now have a clear picture as to the Autoslider I will be purchasing. It will be a Pull Rite #4100 with standard rails.
Pull Rite SuperGlide #4100 Hitch w/Mor-Ryde Pin Box
dalebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 11:08 AM   #5

Don, if I understand correctly, you have a Mor-ryde pin box, I believe you need a capture plate for the pin box, the Demco auto slider will only work with a standard pinbox, any other pinbox trailair, mor-ryde, demco-glide needs a capture plate, whereas the Pullrite needs a capture plate for every pin box
Old 02-12-2016, 12:43 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalebra View Post
After reading Donald's post and the research I have found, I think I now have a clear picture as to the Autoslider I will be purchasing. It will be a Pull Rite #4100 with standard rails.
dalebra,

We have the PullRite SuperGuilde 4100 and love it. You won't regret getting one.

I got it with the SuperRail Kit so I can remove the hitch and have a flat bed with no rails.

Plus PullRite's customer service is excellent.

Good luck.
Old 02-12-2016, 12:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONALD E. ZIMMERMAN View Post

Don Zimmerman
Don,

Check out this etrailer link.

That capture plates are easy to install on the MOR/Ryde Pin Box. This may resolve your issue.

Hopefully this is of some help to you.
Old 03-24-2017, 11:35 AM   #8

We have the Demco Autoslide in our 2016 F150 short bed pulling a 2017 Jayco Eagle HT 28.5RSTS.....the first one we had failed within days of having it installed (probably due to damage in shipping or at install), it jammed in the back left position after a light right turn. Demco customer service were excellent and I had a replacement installed next day of which we've had no issues since.

This all happened Jan 2017.
ScottishGrantEagleHT5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 06:03 AM   #9

We have a 2017 Eagle 321 RSTS with the Mor-Ryde pin box and the Demco Auto slide. We took delivery in late September so we only got out once but took it to the Adirondack mountains in NY. For us, about a 400 mi round trip with lots of ups, downs and turns. Preformed really well however you do need the appropriate capture plate other in order to make the hitch pivot/slide. I have had some issues with couple/uncouple but this is my first fifth wheel so I'm thinking it's more me than the hitch.
byrnehf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 07:53 PM   #10

I have used a Demco 18K Highjacker Autoslider to pull two different 5th wheels with absolutely no problems. Our previous coach had a Trailair rotaflex pinbox that did not require a capture plate. The Demco used two rails on each side of the hitch with 1/8 inch clearance on each side. With that said, you had to back into the hitch dead-on straight so it would not bind on the Demco head. Our current Jayco 387RDFS has a Mor-ryde pinbox that did require me to install a capture plate. Nice thing is you do not have to be spot-on backing in. Downside of capture plates is that if the tow vehicle breaks down and had to be disconnected from the 5th wheel, a towing company would not be able to hookup to the 5th wheel without removing the capture plate. I hope I never have to experience that scenario. I have pulled thousands of miles with no issues with the hitch. You really have peace of mind when you have to make that tight maneuver.

2012 Ford F350, 6.7L, CC, SRW
Firestone Airbags, Demco Highjacker 18K Autoslide Hitch
ArmyGuy2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 07:01 AM   #11

We have had the Pullrite Superglide #4100 for 5 years now and love it. Earlier this year I had hitching issues and after 1 phone call they had replacement parts on the way which made it hitch and unhitch like it was brand new. I also like that when I remove it I have a clean bed in my truck.
Progressive EMS Hardwired
Beautiful Wife and Beautiful 11 YO Daughter
Standard Goldendoodle and Miniture Poodledoodle
Kahoneys is offline   Reply With Quote