Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-25-2011, 04:46 PM   #1

Smile Designer low point drain question

Hi - We recently purchased an original owner's 2004 Designer Medallion 29RLTS 5th wheel, and are soon to winterize it. Following the Jayco owners manual, I easily found the two front low point drain valves and hoses just inside the driver side basement access door. At the rear, also on the driver side, just in front of the electrical port, there is another sticker indicating low point drains. Underneath, there is a white plastic drain valve, presumably for the fresh water tank, and two plastic hoses just in front of the tank. There are no valves visible for these hoses. I have searched inside for valves, but none found. Inside the low table between easy chairs is the water pump, with associated winterizing valves, but no valves going down to the two hoses under the trailer.

Does anyone out there know where these valves might be located ? Even Jayco says they do not know locations on this trailer. Would appreciate any help or advice you may offer. Thanks
tinlizzie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:26 PM   #2

I have a 2004 31 ft RLS. Mine are inside the basement, where the line ell's down to the visible low point drains sticking down. They are almost impossible to see because they are protected by a piece of protective metal that prevents you storing something on the line and it breaking. They are behind the metal and I found them by feeling.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:55 PM   #3

low point drain question

Thanks, KCCONAWA, for the response. I did find the two front low point drain valves inside the basement, as you said. However, there are also two plastic tubes sticking down under the trailer beside the water tank at the rear. They are side by side, as the front ones are, and near to the tank drain valve. Since there is a low point drain sticker on the side of the trailer, I assumed that these were rear low point drain tubes, but cannot find the valves.

Does your trailer have these two tubes at the rear of the trailer, next to the water tank ? And if so, can you tell me where the valves for these tubes are ?

Thanks,
Tinlizzie23
Old 09-27-2011, 04:44 PM   #4

I had a 2004 designer I believe you have described the overflow hoses for the fresh water tank
bad99ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:36 PM   #5

thanks, bad99ram, for your response. Do I understand correctly that both hoses are overflow for the water tank, and that perhaps the "low point drain" sticker on the side refers to the white plastic water tank drain, instead of a pair of valves like the ones in the front basement area ?
Old 09-27-2011, 07:35 PM   #6

Yes, I looked and I also have two in the rear anf they are fresh water overfow drains.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:30 PM   #7

Thanks, everyone, for your responses. Looks like the consensus is that these are overflow tubes, and not drain tubes. Will no longer worry about them, thanks to y'all.