Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-31-2013, 02:44 PM   #1
Lost in the Woods

Designer pre-wired for sattelite

Hi folks, In getting this 2003 Designer Legacy 3330RKTS cleaned up and road ready I've noticed a little plastic button on the ceiling between the table and the island cabinets. There is a printed sticker that indicates "pre-wired for satellite" I tried popping the button off but it seems to be stuck pretty good and I didn't want to tear it if there isn't anything I need to see behind it. The button is only about a half inch in size, not big enough for accessing wires. Does anyone have first hand experience and can tell me how to utilize the pre-wiring alluded to by the sticker? I'm hoping the it is set up to accept a roof-top dish.

Thanks in advance,

Ed
3330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:22 PM   #2

Ed - we have a 2004 Designer Medallion 29RLTS that we purchased from the original owner, and it also has a small button in a wall plate, along with a small digital screen. The Winegard rooftop dish was apparently installed at the factory, but the original owner never used it. According to the Winegard literature that came with the trailer, that button is an dish elevation sensor. Pushing it is supposed to tell you what elevation your dish is currently at, but pushing mine gives me nothing in the digital screen. I have tried to use the dish, but never could get it to work.

I think in your case, you should contact Jayco via their website email contact, with your trailer's serial number, and they probably can email you a schematic of the wiring in your trailer. They just did that a week ago for my 12V converter wiring, so I'm sure they will do this for you.
If you get it working, how about another post with details ?
Retired at last !

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
tinlizzie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:15 PM   #3
Lost in the Woods

Click image for larger version

Name:	005.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	9626Click image for larger version

Name:	005.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	9626Thanks for the reply Tinlizzy, I'll sure let you know what I find out. I'll get hold of them on Monday. I'll include a photo of the button I have. It's sort of a push in button as opposed to a push-button.
3330 is offline   Reply With Quote