Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-26-2023, 11:49 AM   #1

Dinette table not level

We have a 2021 317RLOK and the dining table is not close to level Took it to the dealer for adjustment under warranty (presumed the entire slide needed to be adjusted) and was told it was within spec. As can be seen in the pictures it’s out by ~ 3/4 of an inch across the 38” width of the table. The Window and exterior frame of the slide out are somewhat level (the bubble is at least in the lines) but the floor and table are way off level. Even in the RV industry I find it hard to believe that’s in spec. I’ve got one more shot at a warranty adjustment before it expires in April. I’d appreciate any feedback if anyone has had this issue or can offer any suggestions before I get back to dealer.
Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
AF2B1ED0-9505-4757-99BC-6BDC923FE4C7.jpg   FD253461-42A0-4792-9711-853A7E76D8E1.jpg  
Roadpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 01:30 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadpop View Post
but the floor and table are way off level
Have you verified that the rest of the RV is level? I would check the floor in multiple locations North to South and East to West. I'm fairly certain that the 317 had auto-leveling added to it, may need to be recalibrated.

I would use the longest level that I had available as well, much more accurate on the floors.
2019 Jayco Jayflight 28RLS (New York)
The latest government survey finds that 3 out of 4 people account for 75% of the total population.
JB13502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 01:32 PM   #3

I would try to get some education in how to "tune up" your slide. Or, if the floor is level but the table is off it could be more of a woodworkers project to get it level. Youtubes on every kind of RV repair are helpful if you look at enough to find a reasonable solution to your problem.
I searched "how to level a slide out on rv" and several to read or watch.

If you find the problem and solution but think it is a dealer type work than take it to them with both the problem and how you wanted it solved. They may now know how or just lazy.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 04:37 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB13502 View Post
Have you verified that the rest of the RV is level? I would check the floor in multiple locations North to South and East to West. I'm fairly certain that the 317 had auto-leveling added to it, may need to be recalibrated.

I would use the longest level that I had available as well, much more accurate on the floors.
Thanks for your note. I do have auto level and the rest of the rig is level front to back side to side It seems it’s just that slide that is out.
Really appreciate your response
Old 01-26-2023, 04:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerR View Post
I would try to get some education in how to "tune up" your slide. Or, if the floor is level but the table is off it could be more of a woodworkers project to get it level. Youtubes on every kind of RV repair are helpful if you look at enough to find a reasonable solution to your problem.
I searched "how to level a slide out on rv" and several to read or watch.

If you find the problem and solution but think it is a dealer type work than take it to them with both the problem and how you wanted it solved. They may now know how or just lazy.
Thanks for your note. It’s strange the floor and table top are on the same plane but as noted on original post the window and outside frame are close enough to level. I get that eventually I’ll have some work to do but I guess I’m naive and/or stubborn but I think the dealer should fix it if it’s still under warranty When they told me it was in spec I thought the same as you - the tech just didn’t want to fool with it.
I appreciate your response
Old 02-02-2023, 10:54 AM   #6

Ours was also not level. I just shimmed up the low side and screwed it back down through them.
SamnJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 07:18 PM   #7

Thanks
I’m feeling like that’s probably what I’ll need to do. I still can’t get my head around how it can be out of level by that much.
Old 02-02-2023, 08:44 PM   #8

I would contact customer service and get it at least on record with them. Let them know you've already been to a dealer with no resolution. Often they will flex a bit if the issue is known and documented as you try to rectify it...before the warranty expires. Get pictures of the level on the floor just under the table as well as the one you have of the table itself.
Retired @ PCB
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 05:10 AM   #9

Thanks,
Good suggestion to get it documented in the Jayco system. I’ll be calling and sending pictures over to Jayco today.
Really appreciate everyone’s comments trying to help solve my issue.
Old 02-11-2023, 01:46 PM   #10

This is very typical for Jayco, just unscrew table base and shim. You will probably need longer screws because of how much shim you will need. This is one of at least 25 items that I fixed without dealer involvement.
tazakrzewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 04:31 PM   #11

shim the table

On my 2022 321 RSTS the table also was not level, even though the slide was level enough. I just removed the table top (not from the floor) and put in a couple shims. It wasn't so far off that the original screws wouldn't work. Drove me crazy sitting at the table, but the fix was easy.
Like others have said, one of MANY do it yourself fixes that seem to always need to be done.

davolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 07:13 PM   #12

Thanks for the suggestions. Guess I’ll bite the bullet and shim it back to level per your recommendations. After reading all the issues others have, I am thankful it’s something I can fix myself
Thanks for the suggestions-much appreciated