Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-15-2022, 03:09 PM   #1

Dining vertical sliding window latch replacement

My dining vertical sliding window latches have broken. They are the type that you squeeze in on both sides and protruding pins lodge into one of two holes in the frame(the same as the small bedroom windows do on each side of the bed). Has anyone replaced these? Where can I order them? How can I remove that window glass without removing the entire frame?
The latches slide in from the sides of the window frame. Thanks for you help!
ahill261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 10:02 PM   #2

You can’t take out the glass.
Someone in a Facebook NorthPoint group found the parts for cheap…like $2 but couldn’t figure out how to install them and Jayco told him there was no other option but to replace the windows.
I tried to help and figured a way to install them, and took mine out and put them back in…told him how to do it.
A week later he posted somewhere else about how the windows don’t come out and how there’s no way to put the new parts in.
So…. I don’t know why he didn’t do it. It was simple.
I don’t remember where he got the parts. I’ll try and find the thread, it was quite a while ago.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 07:21 AM   #3

He got new latches here

“I got mine from Christina at World Wide RV. They're a good source of Jayco Parts and fair prices. I can not for the life of me get mine out!!”
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 02:14 PM   #4

Did you ever get this fixed? We have the same problem, we got new latches but can’t remove the track from the window to replace.
Melodie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 02:39 PM   #5

Fixed myself

I was able to fix the problem myself without purchasing any parts. The broken studs actually fit into the plastic guides on the sides of the window not the frame. Remove the screw at the top of each plastic guide. Slide the guides out carefully. Enlarge the areas that the latch insert into- closed, halfway and fully open positions. I did this with small rat tail file. The old latches with the broken tips will actually springload far enough into the guides so your new elongated holes will fully support the window in any of the three positions. Forgot to say remove your screen first. I hope this helps!
Old 04-30-2022, 05:44 PM   #6

Thank you so much, it worked!
Melodie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 06:38 PM   #7

Great! Glad I could help! Safe travels.
Old 09-19-2022, 06:02 PM   #8

Can you clarify

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahill261 View Post
I was able to fix the problem myself without purchasing any parts. The broken studs actually fit into the plastic guides on the sides of the window not the frame. Remove the screw at the top of each plastic guide. Slide the guides out carefully. Enlarge the areas that the latch insert into- closed, halfway and fully open positions. I did this with small rat tail file. The old latches with the broken tips will actually springload far enough into the guides so your new elongated holes will fully support the window in any of the three positions. Forgot to say remove your screen first. I hope this helps!
Can you provide a little more information on this fix, I have 2 windows with the same issue. thanks. I'm a bit slow.
Scouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 07:15 PM   #9

At what point of the replacement are you having problems?