Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-27-2016, 09:08 PM   #11

Depending on what wireless capable server you are using would depend on the size shelf or storage compartment you will need to house the H44, HR34, HR44, or HR54, and the video bridge. The Winegard Traveler for DirecTv is a SWM unit so you only need 1 coax from the dish to the splitter, power supply, or if the H44, or HR54 to the power port on those boxes. We have taken ceiling panels out where we do the external penetration in the roof and used fish rods to get where we need to go from there. Vent pipes are also a common way to get wire from the roof into the underbelly of a 5th wheel. As a certified installer of DBS equipment since DirecTv's and Dish Networks first years in the mid 90's, owning a few different RV's, and doing hundreds of installs in RV's, I've learned how RV manufactures do things and that has saved me a lot of time on figuring out how they ran the cable in a specific unit. I almost always have to redo all the connections on the coax, have to replace the "F-81" barrel connectors in penetration plates and wall plates to the higher frequency "F-81" connectors to eliminate network problems with the newer Dish and Directv boxes that operate at a higher frequency than the older technology. Good luck

gaserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 09:21 PM   #12

I didn't even think about the vent pipe. That would be excellent as I could hook the coax up at the junction, just like with my portable dish now. How would I do the power control module for the roof dish? Run it down the vent pipe and just mount it in the front storage? Wouldn't be as convent of having it inside, but realistically I'm going to be in the front basement when I set up at a site either way.

Hoojs12840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 06:57 AM   #13

Check with JAYCO, the wiring may already be in the roof.
Old 02-02-2016, 02:45 PM   #14

Don't believe it's pre-wired, at least not on my TH. I had the Traveler SWM HD satellite installed on mine and have it in bedroom, living room and garage... I had one the 06 HR Presidential Suite...Never an issue and it's HiDef..love ours.
B&W RVK 3600 hitch
USAF Viet Nam Vet
NC Hauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 07:01 PM   #15

Direct TV traveler roof mounted satellite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Hauler View Post
Don't believe it's pre-wired, at least not on my TH. I had the Traveler SWM HD satellite installed on mine and have it in bedroom, living room and garage... I had one the 06 HR Presidential Suite...Never an issue and it's HiDef..love ours.

How did they run it? Though the ceiling?

I saw nothing on the roof that would lead me to believe it's prewired. I did think about seeing if I could run the wires down through were the solar prewire is on the roof
Hoojs12840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 07:57 PM   #16

They fished wiring from above bed room to entertainment center in living room,
B&W RVK 3600 hitch
USAF Viet Nam Vet
Old 02-03-2016, 07:21 AM   #17

When I ordered my 5ver, I had a Dish network traveler dish installed on the roof. The camper dealer did the install. Cables pass thru the roof then are hidden within. Three cables, one for each sleeping area and one for the living area. Thus far, I've only been one site where I could not receive signal. Once, I did move from one site to another in order to receive signal. I have dish at home and I just take my receivers out of the house when we go. I love it. Just push a button and you got TV.
Shorty Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 08:05 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoojs12840 View Post

I saw nothing on the roof that would lead me to believe it's prewired. I did think about seeing if I could run the wires down through were the solar prewire is on the roof
You won't necessarily see anything. If it is JAYCO will tell you where to access the wiring. On our 08 SENECA nothing was marked, but the wires were right above one of the ceiling lights.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:43 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
You won't necessarily see anything. If it is JAYCO will tell you where to access the wiring. On our 08 SENECA nothing was marked, but the wires were right above one of the ceiling lights.
We called Jayco about ours, and only pre-wiring done for satellite was where you plugged in for satellite connection... Nothing in roof, but they gave information as to where to locate the unit.

B&W RVK 3600 hitch
USAF Viet Nam Vet