Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-11-2015, 09:50 PM   #21

Sorry about your bad fortune but there are worst things in life. It's not like they removed the wrong kidney. Enjoy it once you get it. Not everyone in Alberta will be so lucky this summer.
cariboocreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 10:14 PM   #22

We went on the tour through the Pinnacle assembly line last June at Jayco. After watching that, I'm surprised there aren't more mistakes than there are. They were putting 7 units out the door a day, and fixing to step it up to 9 a day.
2015 F250 Super duty 6.2L full trailering pkg.
Loris, South Carolina.
rryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 10:15 PM   #23

If as a customer, we don't let them know our dissatisfaction, then we will continue to get whatever they want. Even if you decide to handle it locally and get what you want, I would darn sure make sure they are totally aware, and I would let them know about this thread.

This is how things continue to go downhill, were wiling to "accept" it and move on...never ran my business like that. Sad state when we lose the will to stick up for what is right, even if they do post a legal disclaimer.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 10:17 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rryman View Post
We went on the tour through the Pinnacle assembly line last June at Jayco. After watching that, I'm surprised there aren't more mistakes than there are. They were putting 7 units out the door a day, and fixing to step it up to 9 a day.

Auto companies turn our thousands a day, and have very few "mistakes".. That's not an excuse....starts at the top that allow mistakes to happen, it's people not caring..nothing more. With bar coding it's easier than ever to bring thousands of parts together at the right place and right time.

Old 02-12-2015, 06:15 AM   #25

Amen to that Paintinfool3. We did the same.
ninjahbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 07:19 AM   #26

Well I know that I contacted jayco and got in touch with someone who supposedly knew something .... Did it make a difference ...no .. They said it wasn't their fault and that they build what is ordered unless there is a line change and most of the time those aren't drastic changes. I would think with what options they have available which aren't like 100 or something that to get from point A the order form to point B the unit being built as per the order form wouldn't be too difficult. I originally thought since they use numbers for all the options someone might be transcribing from order form wrong, but she said that doesn't happen. On ours we ordered it as per the show unit , with 3 changes we wanted the table and 4 chairs instead of the booth dinette , my wife wanted the pewter decor, but to keep the leather sofa and chairs ,and we wanted to go to a queen bed instead of king... They messed up all 3 . The first time I could maybe understand , but they didn't tell even the dealer you couldn't get the leather seating with the pewter decor package? Doesn't say that in the brochure and the dealer said they had never heard that. They could have changed most of the stuff out at the dealer but the dinette to table and chairs I wouldn't accept because of the holes in the floor and wall. The second time the dealer went specifically through the jayco rep to insure we got what we were supposed to and it came in wrong again. I don't know where the break in communication is but it can be frustrating for someone who is excited about one of the first things they ever ordered new and waited 4 months to get in, and a real let down to have in your minds eye what you are getting only to walk into the unit and have things different than what you ordered. I love our jayco and even with some hiccups along the way I am glad we stepped up to a new unit at what I considered a great deal, but it has left me slightly more cynical when it comes to ordering things new.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:28 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by cariboocreek View Post
Sorry about your bad fortune but there are worst things in life. It's not like they removed the wrong kidney.
Need a Jimmy Buffett attitude adjustment .

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 01:04 PM   #28

So are you saying the L shap couch is not available anymore
toy1ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 01:59 PM   #29

Yes, Toy1ton, apparently it has run its course, not available according to plant, the dealer was not notified about this inline change so he says. Hope you didn't order thinking that's what you would like. Yes Cariboo, there are worse things in life. But, agree with Waggs 100%, what kind of a society would we be, if we just excepted what the very large corporation or companies feel is good business for them, on our dime. If I ran my business like this, I would be out of work, word travels fast. This is a principle thing, we all know RVing is a luxury that many don't ever experience, I feel grateful for the opportunity my family and I have experienced thus far, don't get me wrong. I spoke with the dealer today, he has a Jayco rep from the south, coming to his show next week. We are both going to see if and how they can explain or help fix, or even if they want to try and satisfy a customer...seeing that they boast being a family business. The rep will enjoy reading this post I'm sure, I will be sure to share. The dealer tells me we may find a alternative local, so happy to hear he wants to make things right or atleast better, but we will wait for the Jayco rep to see if they are willing to make things better or just say, so sorry, there are worse things in life, they are too busy for this....Walking away from a 70K purchase at this date, will cost another 8K on the same unit, with the CAN dollar today....so that buys a lot of couches eh...lol

Caraboo.....we will be just fine up here in Alberta, the slow down will be short lived, not like 08''' Cheers
68 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 10:06 AM   #30

[QUOTE][Good Morning,

Thank you for contacting Jayco Customer Service.

I have looked into the floor plan change and Jayco did make a change to the floor plan. That being said, your unit may be the floor plan you wanted. The floor plans were only recently changed and I would need the vin number from your unit to make complete sure what floor plan your unit was built with. I also spoke to my manager and he said that even if your unit did not come with the couch you wanted, you can get with the dealership and they can get you the couch that you wanted. If they are not willing to help you with this, please feel free to contact us again and we will help you with that process.

Have a great day!
/QUOTE]

This was my response from Jayco this morning, very pleased with this reply.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:24 AM   #31

68Camaro I'm happy to hear Jayco has offered to "make it right". I feel better about them as a company. To often we as consumers just take it and feel it's not the hill to die on. When we do that, we encourage them to continue bad behavior. I would be interested to hear from someone at the plant, as to why it was necessary to make a change mid-stream. I would expect once a model is designed for that year, changes would only be because of unforseen circumstances. If that couch is still available then why make that change at all ? If people wanted the change, why not make it an option till the new models are announced?

Does anyone from Jayco troll these forums and answer questions? Seems it would be a good way to build some good will and answer questions for their customers.

Please keep us informed as to the outcome.

Old 02-13-2015, 10:29 AM   #32

Have you went to look at the trailer, and do you know for sure the couch is not in it?
Old 02-13-2015, 10:50 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags999 View Post
68Camaro I'm happy to hear Jayco has offered to "make it right". I feel better about them as a company.

Does anyone from Jayco troll these forums and answer questions? Seems it would be a good way to build some good will and answer questions for their customers.
That type of response is usually the norm and not the exception, at least that has been my experience over the years. You will find that when some, not all, get a negative response they are only posting 1/2 of the story on line.

It is my understanding the someone from JAYCO does read the forum, but since it is not an official JAYCO site they will not respond on it.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:43 AM   #34

68Camaro Good news for you I hope they follow through and make everything right. Maybe this is an example of the squeaky wheel getting the grease.
Yes wags999 Jayco should have someone Troll our forums they could learn just like we do.
ninjahbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 11:59 AM   #35

Hitch Pin, no we haven't looked at the unit yet. They are opening the slides up today and we will see it tomorrow, we are pretty excited. We know it has the wrong living room furniture, cause the manager went and looked then called me about it.

I agree with Grumpy, there are Jayco employees that roam the Forum, and that's a good tool for them to help improve on there business I'm sure, seen through the customers eyes, after all, its because of customers they have success.

Waggs, I haven't really got the reason behind the change, I hope to find out soon, possibly next week when the rep attends our show, it maybe something they could improve on, just by letting all pre orders know in advance of such a drastic change.

At the end of the day, I'm just glad that this event is going in the right direction, not everyday we make investments like this. So we will work with both parties to make it right. We still have lots of winter up here, so I'm positive it will be ready for the first trip out in May. Cheers.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:25 PM   #36

I did just receive a call from Jayco.. he was very nice and very understanding of my concerns. Not sure he is the "'right" person to answer my questions but, he promised to pass my concerns on and have others contact me. At least he did understand what I was saying and was willing to see what could be done to either rectify those issues or at least explain why and how the decision was made. I felt much better after speaking with him, and much better about Jayco caring. I did make the suggestion about having someone check the forums periodically, since it is advertised on their site they could nip some issues in the bud.

Hopefully all these issues will be addressed and a solution and explanation will be forthcoming .

Old 02-13-2015, 02:27 PM   #37

Quote:
I did make the suggestion about having someone check the forums periodically, since it is advertised on their site they could nip some issues in the bud.
That link is for the Camping Club which has been around for many many years, not this forum
Old 02-13-2015, 02:50 PM   #38

Quote:
Hopefully all these issues will be addressed and a solution and explanation will be forthcoming .
I must be confused...not unusual for me. What are "all these issues"? I thought 68 Camero's one problem was being resolved. Just not sure what else Jayco could be doing. I've had some problems with my 5er but, I gotta tell ya. I'm happy with Jayco.

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 06:42 PM   #39

I think wags is talking about the white to black trim thing on the one he ordered ... am I right wags
Old 02-14-2015, 01:10 AM   #40

the bigger picture is Jayco making changes mid season, with no notification to the customers with orders in process and for no obvious reason. I sit in a new, current product model and order it as I see it. I expect to get what I ordered. I fully understand supplier go out of business occasionally, but just to change for esthetics, because THEY think it looks nicer well....they dont' get to make that decision for me. Wait till the next model year, make your changes and then I can decide if it fits my needs. I think that is very reasonable. I don't go to the butcher, order prime rib and he says, I decided new york strip would be better so that's what I'm giving you. I get to make that decision, not him. Need to change from white to black tell me, explain why and then it's my choice, yes or no.

Getting back to the couch, why did they decide to change it ? If people want something different then either offer it as an option, fill current orders and make the change on new orders, or make the change the next model year, but don't just do it and tell customers you have to accept it..