Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-20-2015, 10:43 AM   #51

Grumpy, I looked at the Document stickers, like you had mentioned. The Date has 12/14. Our order date was Oct 10/14. So it was completed in December, right in the xmas holiday, landed up here in Canada at the end of Jan. So it sat in the dealers yard with 4 other Pinnacle's that delivered same time, undetected by the winter staff, until I seen Jayco change the online floor plan, dropping the sectional for a straight couch in the first week of Feb. I called the dealer at that point, then he called the factory and I'm sure they told him it had been delivered. Didn't take him long to call me back and say the unit is in the yard. With the change...opps.

68 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:18 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by rryman View Post
When we took the plant tour last year they said that as far as ordering things like upholstery, fabrics, etc that they use they are trying to plan about 2 years out. I guess some things are readily available like faucets, sinks, etc but there is apparently a long lead time on some things. Even so, there should be more communication if changes are made....snip...
In today's manufacturing, virtually everyone depends upon their supplier to have the components at the manufacturing point 'just in time.' That means there is very little inventory, or none at all, at the manufacturing location. As an item is built, the parts to make it are arriving as needed, 'just in time,' to be used.

So all the wood, frames, axles, chairs, cabinets, fabrics, fiberglass, etc., etc., etc. that Jayco needs are ALL planned out by 2 years. As long as everything goes as planned, it all works smoothly. BUT, any glitch along the way can mess things up BIG TIME!

With everything that can go wrong, with Murphy waiting nearby, I'm surprised that most units seem to come together as planned and glitch-free.

oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:47 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 Camaro View Post
(snip) yesterday he calls me at work to tell me that someone at the plant had replied to him, asking him if they, the dealer would pick up half the cost for this correction. Personally at this point, I don't care who pays, just want it done. The dealership manager assured me it will get looked after. (snip)
If the factory made the change without notifying the dealer (and you), then they should pick up the entire cost. If the dealer messed up (they knew and forgot to tell you), then they should be picking up the cost (or part of it).

At least you're moving forward in the right direction! Yay for that.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:36 PM   #54

The term Ordering got me thinking....

I wonder if some dealers place an order for a customer but don't really place the order with the notion to the Factory that this is a Customer specified list of options. If the Factory has it noted that its just a order for X dealership then they might be more inclined to just build a RV.
imjustdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 11:05 PM   #55

Our Eagle had a mid-production change as well, back in 2010. It was more cosmetic (e.g. Stainless appliances swapped out for the typical black / wood fronts, Corian replaced with "like material"). Not really a game changer for us; but, disappointed just the same.
Our most recent Jayco order (Seismic 4212 last week) includes a residential fridge with water/ice in the door. If they replace that - THAT will be a game changer for my wife and I...
Shin Pond Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 07:04 PM   #56

Just a little update, received a email on Monday from Jayco, informing us that the plant is having the sectional couch made this week and should be shipped across the country next week at no charge, my local dealer is responsible to install on arrival. The unit is sitting in the lot down the street, with the weather getting better now, this is driving me crazy, so I hope to go in and close the deal within a couple weeks, get it home and load it up. It's been a long wait, but looking like it will turn out as we expected.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:09 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 Camaro View Post
...snip... It's been a long wait, but looking like it will turn out as we expected.
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:30 PM   #58

That's good to hear, hope all goes well.
Old 03-12-2015, 07:23 AM   #59

Great news 68! Its really good to hear that Jayco is doing what they can to keep the customer happy. That gives me confidence with my purchase!
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 09:19 PM   #60

Well, this thread has a closing to it now. Jayco had kept to their word and sent the couch, at their expense, and it was installed in the time frame they promised they would. We picked the unit up two days ago and spent all day yesterday loading it. We are very pleased and satisfied with our first ever contact with a manufacture about a build problem. Will be testing out the unit next weekend, have two small trip's booked for April, and then pull this unit over the Rocky's to the Sunny Okanogan for the first two weeks of May. Should learn how most of it works by then. Happy Campers once again, thanks Jayco.

2015 Pinnacle 36REQS
2010 F-350 Harley Davidson 6.4L Powerstroke
Short Box Crewcab
6" Procomp Suspension Lift & 35" M/T Toyo Tires
Doug & Nikki, 2 fur babies
Murphy & Chloe are Shar Pei