Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-10-2015, 07:49 PM   #1

Angry Disappointed with Jayco Assembly Line Change

Not a very happy guy tonight, for one, my dealer received our New Pinnacle 36REQS and didn't even know it was in there yard not tagged, for who know how long. I ordered this unit Oct 10/14 and received confirmation for the build on Oct 21/14. Estimate delivery date was Dec 26/14. I have been surfing the Jayco site and here because we are excited about our new purchase, and just notice two weeks ago, they change the floor plan on the REQS, they stopped installing the sectional recliner couch, which was the main reason for this choice. Wouldn't you think all orders in before this inline assembly change, would be notified at least....I'm tempted do business the same, and just walk.....I'm totally in shock...as is my dealer
68 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:00 PM   #2

Wow! Sorry to hear that. So much thought and planning goes in to picking just the right floor plan, it would be hard to not get exactly what you want.

Can your dealer locate a backdated model on someone else's lot for you?
Plaid, Mrs. Plaid, Kids Sage & Bear
plaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:11 PM   #3

Is that sectional recliner a special build just for Jayco? Or is it manufactured for other company's also. I would tell them to do the right thing and send you one or add yours to their inventory.
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:24 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 Camaro View Post
Not a very happy guy tonight, for one, my dealer received our New Pinnacle 36REQS and didn't even know it was in there yard not tagged, for who know how long. I ordered this unit Oct 10/14 and received confirmation for the build on Oct 21/14. Estimate delivery date was Dec 26/14. I have been surfing the Jayco site and here because we are excited about our new purchase, and just notice two weeks ago, they change the floor plan on the REQS, they stopped installing the sectional recliner couch, which was the main reason for this choice. Wouldn't you think all orders in before this inline assembly change, would be notified at least....I'm tempted do business the same, and just walk.....I'm totally in shock...as is my dealer
If your dealer didn't know your unit had arrived, perhaps they were told by the factory and they forgot that also ? I would be upset with the dealer first, for both issues.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags999 View Post
If your dealer didn't know your unit had arrived, perhaps they were told by the factory and they forgot that also ? I would be upset with the dealer first, for both issues.
X2 There is no way they didn't know it arrived. JAYCO does not ship a unit until it is payed for. The dealer is notified as soon as it comes off the line so they can write the check and somebody had to sign the delivery paper work.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:46 PM   #6

Oh it's possible...anything that is organized by people can go sideways...lol..Well the fellow I talked to just hours ago, was the store manager and he says it just came in, didn't say what day yet, and no one tagged it with my name, they have 4 branches in our province in 4 different city's, I agree someone in thier upper management dropped the ball with the arrival notification....but this doesn't change the fact that this manager says all his 2015 documents show the sectional couch is what the models are built with, and he was not notified about thier decision to drop the floor plan.... so I will get in touch with Jayco management.......I sure hope Jayco has proof of notice, which would be email I'm sure, about their change to this line overnight........ All my dealing was done by email and shows the unit exactly how we expected the build.....I think Tunce is dead on........they may have more inventory, unless its rectified
Old 02-11-2015, 07:08 AM   #7

I can see your disappointment, but this is right from the brochure. I would have the dealer see if they can get the sectional shipped in to be swapped.

The dealer should know this happens from time to time and for him to act naive is a little far fetched in my opinion.

All information in this brochure is the latest available
at the time of publication approval. Jayco reserves the right to make changes and to discontinue models without notice or obligation. Photos in this brochure may show optional equipment and props for photography
purposes. RVs built for sale in Canada may differ to conform to Canadian codes. ©2015 Jayco, Inc. 15-PNCL-PL 0115-10K Printed in U.S.A.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:38 AM   #8

[QUOTE=Grumpy;268911]

All information in this brochure is the latest available
at the time of publication approval. Jayco reserves the right to make changes and to discontinue models without notice or obligation. Photos in this brochure may show optional equipment and props for photography

From reading that I would be so afraid to order one and how would you know you even had the latest brochure. There's no way their brochure keeps up with changes and I bet the brochure is a once a year thing. You get what's on the assembly line floor at the time of production. The reason I say that is because when I was looking for over a year and saw the same units side by side there were changes inside such as radios,wood trim colors, bath doors,window furnishings, kitchen cabinet bases such as a 4 drawer stack and another with a 3 drawer stack ( and I double checked those units).
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 09:03 AM   #9

IF the dealer has another unit with the couch you want see if he will switch them out for you...
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 11:27 AM   #10

The dealer does have other units with sectionals still, but wrong colours. I have noticed Jayco has disclaimed that they will change things as they please, without notice, that's a hell of a way...but it is a business, family ran lol. I have made contact with them and waiting a response at present. I'm pretty sure they don't have the time to worry about one unhappy Canadian...oh well eh. So going forward, I will see if they can locate the proper colour down south and ship and replace at the dealer expense, or we still have time to salvage another new build before spring, just not sure I can trust the same bunch....its about production $$$$....well that 4 months was a long wait for disappointment.

My only bet is the dealer will have to go to bat for me, if they feel its a waste of their time, and play, they are no more of them available card...I guess I picked the wrong one from the start.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:31 PM   #11

is that the L shape sectional your talking about?
toy1ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 04:39 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 Camaro View Post
I have noticed Jayco has disclaimed that they will change things as they please, without notice, that's a hell of a way...but it is a business, family ran lol.
JAYCO is not the not the only company to have the same thing in their brochure. I think you will find the same wording used by all manufacturers.

Here is FOREST RIVER.

All illustrations and specifications contained in this literature are based on the latest product information at the time of publication. Forest River, Inc. reserves the right to make changes in prices, colors, materials, equipment and specifications at anytime, without notice, and assumes no responsibility for any error in this literature. All units are shipped F.O.B. point of manufacture Berkshire Hathaway company.
All Rights Reserved. 12/14

I forgot to add you can see if JAYCO drug their feet in building it by looking at the white decal on the driver's side it gives the month and year it was built. So if the year is 2014 then your dealer didn't pay for it when it was completed and it sat at the factory until the check was received.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:20 PM   #13

Yes, it is the L shape sectional I was looking for. That's a good idea Grumpy, I will check out the build date to see how well these people here run the owners business too. I cant even drive over and look at it yet, its only 10 min drive across the city, I'm still too wound up like a top...lol. I might say something a bit nasty. But at the end of the day, it is the plant that can change inline production if they need or want to..at anytime......thank god the automobile factory's don't....all the trucks I buy may come in a different colour at any time...lol...ran out of Black, sorry....... I just hope I can source out the couch and get it shipped, even if I have to pay a bit. Cause I think the space is too open now with the straight couch
Old 02-11-2015, 06:34 PM   #14

Well after special ordering ours and even taking a trip to the factory jayco got it wrong not just once but the second time with things inside ...the first time they said you couldnt order the leather furniture with the pewter decor... so the second time we got brownstone and guess what the second one came in with the right dining table ... wrong material on couch and chairs again and the king bed instead of the queen... we decided to go on and take it and live with the king and the brown material on the couch and chairs... i was scared to try a third time and frankly i was out of time... camping season had started. I know it was jayco that messed up the 2nd order for sure because i made sure they ordered it right the 2nd time
Old 02-11-2015, 06:37 PM   #15

They told me at the factory they are making up to 4 changes a year in the units trying to keep up with other manufacturers ... sounds like a order screwup waiting to happen
Old 02-11-2015, 07:22 PM   #16

Wow, even a second time wrong. That is just crazy, sorry to hear of your experience. I hope you guys are still enjoying your unit in spite of your experience. One of the bad things about my ordeal was, I didn't really order from the brochure, I actually stood inside the exact unit with the sectional on there lot, it was just the wrong colour for us....so this made it easy, I would of thought. Wrong. I was just looking online last week and seen there Web page had changed...panic set in, and called the dealer, only to find out it was on the lot, with the changes they decided to make......
Old 02-11-2015, 07:38 PM   #17

Paintinfool3 Welcome to the club. We paid for a special ordered couch and guess what after waiting nearly three months it was delivered with the wrong couch. Jayco answer we don't offer that couch any longer. We still like our unit but very disappointed.
ninjahbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 07:40 PM   #18

As much I can I understand mfg difficulties, I think they way they (and others it appears) handle fairly major changes. Working with their suppliers, they have to know what is available, and what orders they have. Today with EMail and instant communication, it would seem fairly easy, to communicate better with their customers and dealers. I can maybe understand a supplier going out of business or some other disaster (fire etc) causing changes to be made in short order. I'm sure part of the problem is just in time mfg...they don't actually get couches, and other items from suppliers until they actually need them, perhaps daily or weekly. But is is their responsibility to demand from suppliers they have availability.

Someone from Jayco knew about these changes, before they happened. I could understand on a minor change, which does not effect the operation or appearance of unit, say a radio mfg change, or TV mfg change..not a huge issue, but something like furniture or colors of woodwork then that should be at least passed onto the customer. In leiu of that I guess when ordering something we as consumers need to put in the contract every detail and hold them to it...something that would be very cumbersome for all involved.

When a company get's arrogant and doesn't feel they need to communicate with those that keep them in business, then it's time for we as consumers to take our business elsewhere.

As with most things in life, we have choices, we don't have to buy from a particular company, especially if they don't respect their customers.

I hope they can work this out to your satisfaction, otherwise I would not take possession of the unit.. I understand that would be disappointing and disruptive but, in the long run you would be helping your fellow RV'ers..

Good Luck. Please keep us informed

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 07:43 PM   #19

Your comment about the auto industry is partially correct. My new truck cost me $850 more because it was built after Sept 15 (can't remember the exact date) and GM changed the options so that I had to have heated bucket seats and a center console to get the rest of the stuff I originally ordered. I didn't find out until I picked it up either.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:02 PM   #20

We are happy with it and we made the decision about the couch and chairs that the material might actually be better in the summer and not as sticky . lol the reason we wanted the queen bed was for the extra 6 inches on each side of the bed but we just deal with that. For us it was do or walk and with the deal we got and the trade in value they gave us we just dealt with the mistakes they made because I take mine to the lake and store it there for the summer and we were just out of time. I am glad we took it