Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-10-2015, 07:49 PM   #1

Angry Disappointed with Jayco Assembly Line Change

Not a very happy guy tonight, for one, my dealer received our New Pinnacle 36REQS and didn't even know it was in there yard not tagged, for who know how long. I ordered this unit Oct 10/14 and received confirmation for the build on Oct 21/14. Estimate delivery date was Dec 26/14. I have been surfing the Jayco site and here because we are excited about our new purchase, and just notice two weeks ago, they change the floor plan on the REQS, they stopped installing the sectional recliner couch, which was the main reason for this choice. Wouldn't you think all orders in before this inline assembly change, would be notified at least....I'm tempted do business the same, and just walk.....I'm totally in shock...as is my dealer

68 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:00 PM   #2

Wow! Sorry to hear that. So much thought and planning goes in to picking just the right floor plan, it would be hard to not get exactly what you want.

Can your dealer locate a backdated model on someone else's lot for you?

Plaid, Mrs. Plaid, Kids Sage & Bear
plaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:11 PM   #3

Is that sectional recliner a special build just for Jayco? Or is it manufactured for other company's also. I would tell them to do the right thing and send you one or add yours to their inventory.
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:24 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 Camaro View Post
Not a very happy guy tonight, for one, my dealer received our New Pinnacle 36REQS and didn't even know it was in there yard not tagged, for who know how long. I ordered this unit Oct 10/14 and received confirmation for the build on Oct 21/14. Estimate delivery date was Dec 26/14. I have been surfing the Jayco site and here because we are excited about our new purchase, and just notice two weeks ago, they change the floor plan on the REQS, they stopped installing the sectional recliner couch, which was the main reason for this choice. Wouldn't you think all orders in before this inline assembly change, would be notified at least....I'm tempted do business the same, and just walk.....I'm totally in shock...as is my dealer
If your dealer didn't know your unit had arrived, perhaps they were told by the factory and they forgot that also ? I would be upset with the dealer first, for both issues.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags999 View Post
If your dealer didn't know your unit had arrived, perhaps they were told by the factory and they forgot that also ? I would be upset with the dealer first, for both issues.
X2 There is no way they didn't know it arrived. JAYCO does not ship a unit until it is payed for. The dealer is notified as soon as it comes off the line so they can write the check and somebody had to sign the delivery paper work.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:46 PM   #6

Oh it's possible...anything that is organized by people can go sideways...lol..Well the fellow I talked to just hours ago, was the store manager and he says it just came in, didn't say what day yet, and no one tagged it with my name, they have 4 branches in our province in 4 different city's, I agree someone in thier upper management dropped the ball with the arrival notification....but this doesn't change the fact that this manager says all his 2015 documents show the sectional couch is what the models are built with, and he was not notified about thier decision to drop the floor plan.... so I will get in touch with Jayco management.......I sure hope Jayco has proof of notice, which would be email I'm sure, about their change to this line overnight........ All my dealing was done by email and shows the unit exactly how we expected the build.....I think Tunce is dead on........they may have more inventory, unless its rectified
Old 02-11-2015, 07:08 AM   #7

I can see your disappointment, but this is right from the brochure. I would have the dealer see if they can get the sectional shipped in to be swapped.

The dealer should know this happens from time to time and for him to act naive is a little far fetched in my opinion.

All information in this brochure is the latest available
at the time of publication approval. Jayco reserves the right to make changes and to discontinue models without notice or obligation. Photos in this brochure may show optional equipment and props for photography
purposes. RVs built for sale in Canada may differ to conform to Canadian codes. ©2015 Jayco, Inc. 15-PNCL-PL 0115-10K Printed in U.S.A.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:38 AM   #8

[QUOTE=Grumpy;268911]

All information in this brochure is the latest available
at the time of publication approval. Jayco reserves the right to make changes and to discontinue models without notice or obligation. Photos in this brochure may show optional equipment and props for photography

From reading that I would be so afraid to order one and how would you know you even had the latest brochure. There's no way their brochure keeps up with changes and I bet the brochure is a once a year thing. You get what's on the assembly line floor at the time of production. The reason I say that is because when I was looking for over a year and saw the same units side by side there were changes inside such as radios,wood trim colors, bath doors,window furnishings, kitchen cabinet bases such as a 4 drawer stack and another with a 3 drawer stack ( and I double checked those units).
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 09:03 AM   #9

IF the dealer has another unit with the couch you want see if he will switch them out for you...
215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 11:27 AM   #10

The dealer does have other units with sectionals still, but wrong colours. I have noticed Jayco has disclaimed that they will change things as they please, without notice, that's a hell of a way...but it is a business, family ran lol. I have made contact with them and waiting a response at present. I'm pretty sure they don't have the time to worry about one unhappy Canadian...oh well eh. So going forward, I will see if they can locate the proper colour down south and ship and replace at the dealer expense, or we still have time to salvage another new build before spring, just not sure I can trust the same bunch....its about production $$$$....well that 4 months was a long wait for disappointment.

My only bet is the dealer will have to go to bat for me, if they feel its a waste of their time, and play, they are no more of them available card...I guess I picked the wrong one from the start.