Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-06-2018, 02:32 PM   #41

Sweet, sorry you were had by a crappy installer. Best to rebleed the brakes after a couple hundred miles.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 03:45 PM   #42

Glad you got it fixed up!

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 04:25 PM   #43

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
Well we went 32 miles on thurs, including to the scales and it felt so good once again to have good brakes. Now that we’ve packed the rig full of our stored stuff to take back home, we’re a few hundred lbs over and I will increase the gain to give more bite to the brakes to compensate. I’ve had them dialed down as I was locking them up on rare occasions and I didn’t want them to skid. That may explain while the pads seem only half worn at this point. 25k miles. At first, they were dialed in too much, and very little pedal pressure was all it took as my controller was still too high from the factory drums which were not doing anything no matter on a 10.

A rebleed will have to wait till after we get to TX. Or we’ll see when we get to first nite in IL. It never was re-bled after the original install til failure, so I’ll keep on checking everything before each trip.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 05:51 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dskyward View Post
Well we went 32 miles on thurs, including to the scales and it felt so good once again to have good brakes. Now that we’ve packed the rig full of our stored stuff to take back home, we’re a few hundred lbs over and I will increase the gain to give more bite to the brakes to compensate. I’ve had them dialed down as I was locking them up on rare occasions and I didn’t want them to skid. That may explain while the pads seem only half worn at this point. 25k miles. At first, they were dialed in too much, and very little pedal pressure was all it took as my controller was still too high from the factory drums which were not doing anything no matter on a 10.

A rebleed will have to wait till after we get to TX. Or we’ll see when we get to first nite in IL. It never was re-bled after the original install til failure, so I’ll keep on checking everything before each trip.
Congratulations on a great job!
namgrunt51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 07:51 AM   #45

Thanks namgrunt51. Feels good to be able to fix things yourself. Now I can help others. Great video again btw!
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Old 10-07-2018, 08:37 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dskyward View Post
Thanks namgrunt51. Feels good to be able to fix things yourself. Now I can help others. Great video again btw!
Thanks, I share your feeling and it's nice if something does break on the road you have knowledge of how it works and a shot at fixing it! YouTube and these forums are great resource for sharing info and knowledge. Happy Camping
namgrunt51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 09:17 AM   #47

Good job on your disc brake repair Darin!!

Between you and Tom I know where I’m going for info. when I do mine someday.

Have a safe trip back to Texas.

Jack
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 01:15 PM   #48

Thanks Jack! Sure thing. I’m an all round (table muscle too) diy kinda guy that can figure out more things than I think I don’t know, (just ask my DW) if that makes sense? Ha.