Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-17-2022, 04:06 PM   #1

Discontinued Window on 2021 North Point

I really could use some advice here.
I was informed today after waiting for 4 weeks that the window I need replacing on my 2021 310RLTS North Point is discontinued and there is not a replacement. I still have a warranty until 11/22. Not sure how the window broke but when the dealer turned it into Jayco, they kicked it back, no surprise.
I trying to take the 24-hour rule before I call them.
I'm looking for some advice on how to deal with this situation and what my expectations should be.
Hopefully some response before I call them tomorrow.
Old 05-17-2022, 04:12 PM   #2

first off, if the window was broke or broke because of a manufacture defect then it would fall under warranty. Of course, you'll have to prove such.. If window was broke on dealer delivery and it is noted, then the dealer is on hook. In eritherr case a paper trail is gong to be your best friend. Good Luck
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 04:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vscottcolorado View Post
Not sure how the window broke but when the dealer turned it into Jayco, they kicked it back, no surprise.
The glass or the mechanism? If the glass, I don't know of any warranty that covers broken glass. As was mentioned that is definitely a "he said, they said" That would be an insurance issue.
Old 05-17-2022, 04:47 PM   #4

At this point I really don't care about getting it covered under warranty. I had already paid for the window from the dealer 4 weeks ago. I'm just finding it hard to believe that Jayco does not offer a replacement window for a 5th wheel that is 1 1/2 years old.
Old 05-17-2022, 05:48 PM   #5

Quote:
At this point I really don't care about getting it covered under warranty. I had already paid for the window from the dealer 4 weeks ago. I'm just finding it hard to believe that Jayco does not offer a replacement window for a 5th wheel that is 1 1/2 years old.
Problem is, they get everything from a 3rd party. If that supplier stops production they have no control over that. They were using LIPPERT did the dealer check with them?

https://www.lci1.com/rv-windows
Old 05-17-2022, 05:52 PM   #6

My guess is Jayco can't get it because of supply chain issues and is discontinuing it for that reason. I know of another brand that put front bedroom widows on there higher optioned models and is now telling customers that the window will no longer be part of that option package because of supply issues.
Is Jayco saying they won't help because they don't want to or because they can't?
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 07:10 PM   #7
mhh

Which window broke?
mhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 07:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Did you get your money back, or are is the dealer still hoping something will turn up???
Old 05-18-2022, 07:01 AM   #9

Jayco told the dealer that it's discontinued and no replacement. That's it... I understand they may have discontinued it because of availability, but they should have some sort of replacement.
The window that broke was behind the TV on the Kitchen slide.
It looks as though I may be able to have one made but hardware inside will look different and possibly outside as well. We'll see what Jayco has to say to me this morning.
Old 05-18-2022, 07:05 AM   #10

Also selfishly interested in which window broke? Same year and model, so my exposure is the same.

Not sure if anyone here has connections to RV salvage folks? That would likely be a needle in a haystack, but best bet if Lippert can't help you directly.

Otherwise you will need to figure out how to get a piece of glass made, should be tempered flat auto glass which a higher end glass shop could recreate for you. If you need measurements or photos, let me know.
SteelersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 08:14 AM   #11

Have you checked with a glass shop? Many can make custom windows. If it is tempered glass it can take a little longer to custom cut it. Done it a few times for custom cars.

My recent experience, the big brand glass shops only do standard windows, that they can order and install, no custom work.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 07:14 AM   #12

UPDATE:
Well after 2 days and the dealer physically removing the window to measure, Jayco came up with a current part number that the dealer can order. At least now I know the window is coming, when is anybody's guess. I may go to a glass shop and get a piece of tinted glass to put in as a temp fix. At least they got the new axle replaced. Rear axle was installed 1 1/2" short on one side at the factory. Went through 2 tires before Dexter and Lippert stepped up. Took 10 weeks to get an axle and new axle hangers.
Thanks to all for the responses.
S
Old 05-20-2022, 07:32 AM   #13

Glad to hear that you have a resolution, but like you indicated, it may take some time to get there...
Old 05-26-2022, 07:26 AM   #14

Which window broke

I'm referring to an earlier post asking which window broke and since you and the dealership Achieved resolution, what is the new part number for the broken window(s)?
Thank you
SFC4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote