Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-28-2020, 05:02 PM   #1

Question Dish connection in 30.5HT Help Please

I just purchased a 2019 Eagle 30.5HT. i moved from my Class A..just not going to travel that often and the bunk room makes a nice office.

HOWEVER, I'm going nuts trying to get my dish receiver working. This is the Furron TV and center. My receiver worked fine in the Bus. There is an HDMI plug on the empty shelf below the TV. I assume (?) this is wired into to TV??
I ran a coax to the plug in the right side cabinet below that shelf. Nothing..no signal. Since I cannot easily remove the TV I cannot verify the wiring.

Anybody with experience hooking this up? It will cost me $150 for a service call.
Renegade Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 06:33 PM   #2

In my ht the spare hdmi came already plugged into the tv. I have never used the sat connection only antenna or cable I do know when using cable you have to press in the little button on the coax plate.
Old 10-28-2020, 10:43 PM   #3

Now to do your dish network satellite it going to be a little work, because inside most if not all you have splitter that are in the system.

The dish network system don't play with the setup inside your rvs so you have to figure out a way to bypass the setup that is in your rv.

Those splitter need to come out, well I don't know why the factory even put those in because they don't work.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 06:16 AM   #4

I went to Dish over the summer and had nothing but initial problems too. It took doing a direct wiring from the Satellite to my TVs to make sure it would in fact work. Which it did so I new it was the RV that was the problem. I got the dish that was capable of running 2 Wally boxes since me and the wife are totally opposite on what we like to watch. I had to chase down both runs and run a complete new coax to the bedroom since the one installed didnt work at all.

We are now in good shape but it took a while to get dialed in. Also there is certain characteristics with this setup you have to understand which I didnt initially. My main box is just that the master. If I am watching a show and turn it off and my wife is in the other room watching her shows hers goes out a minute or two later. So I have to leave the box on and just turn the TV off. Also the system uses 3 Satellites feeds for receiving TV signals. It never fails that what I like to watch and what she likes to watch comes in on two different feeds so we still cant watch 2 separate shows. Kinda a PITA if you ask me.

However with having it to where we can pay month to month that makes the hassles worth is for us since were in the RV 5 months a year and dont have a year long bill and we live in the country and dont want to pay for the 900 feet back to our pad for a install.
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 07:38 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Roger View Post
I just purchased a 2019 Eagle 30.5HT. i moved from my Class A..just not going to travel that often and the bunk room makes a nice office.

HOWEVER, I'm going nuts trying to get my dish receiver working. This is the Furron TV and center. My receiver worked fine in the Bus. There is an HDMI plug on the empty shelf below the TV. I assume (?) this is wired into to TV??
I ran a coax to the plug in the right side cabinet below that shelf. Nothing..no signal. Since I cannot easily remove the TV I cannot verify the wiring.

Anybody with experience hooking this up? It will cost me $150 for a service call.
I'm sure you already checked this but make sure your HD antenna isn't turned on showing a green light behind the living room tv. Also, our Dish will not work if we connect it to the SAT coaxial connection outside. It has to be connected to AUX for our Dish to work. Just something for you to check out.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 03:47 PM   #6

I too had to wire direct to the wally reciever. I could get signal thru the factory wireing but it was hit and miss.
Pullrite Superglide.
Mikayles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furron, satelite, wiring