Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-12-2019, 05:46 PM   #1

Dish tailgator

I have 3 TVs on pinnacle...dish reciever is hooked up to tv in living room...works fine...how do I get the dish to work on the bedroom tv and outside tv...need step by step instructions...thanks
cdjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:14 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdjenn View Post
I have 3 TVs on pinnacle...dish reciever is hooked up to tv in living room...works fine...how do I get the dish to work on the bedroom tv and outside tv...need step by step instructions...thanks
Connect the "To TV" coax to the coax input port [on my TT its on the plate with the ant booster button]. That should send the signal to all the tvs hooked to the internal coax loop. You will be watching the same channel on all the tvs.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 08:54 AM   #3

Sorry to tell you this but DISH Tailgaters do not like splitters. I have the Pathway x2. It does have a main and aux signal output. Main cable is ran thru the window behind the TV. The aux line is ran to the flush station. I ran 2 separate cables inside the RV.
One is the coaxial to the wally box in the bedroom and then I ran a HDMI to the outside TV. When wanting to view TV outside I just switch the HDMI leads at the wally box.

It's easiest way.

Good luck.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 04:14 PM   #4

Yeah, Dish Network lady told me that they don't take splitter.

@ DonnandDon do you any any pics this is what I would like to do, I just might have to take it to the dealer and let them do it?
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 07:55 AM   #5

The no splitter thing with dish is from the dish to the receiver. Once that signal is connected to the receiver the output from that receiver can be split and sent to multi tvs for viewing. The same channel will be viewed on all tvs.

You can not run the feed from the dish thru a splitter and try to connect to more than one tv. It will not work. You have to run a separate coax from the dish directly to the 2nd receiver. A pathway 2x will support a second feed.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 08:04 AM   #6

Check with Dish and see if you can use wireless Joey's with your system. One for each of the other tv's- then you can watch different channels with each tv.
Old 06-14-2019, 05:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdogs View Post
The no splitter thing with dish is from the dish to the receiver. Once that signal is connected to the receiver the output from that receiver can be split and sent to multi tvs for viewing. The same channel will be viewed on all tvs.

You can not run the feed from the dish thru a splitter and try to connect to more than one tv. It will not work. You have to run a separate coax from the dish directly to the 2nd receiver. A pathway 2x will support a second feed.

I have two tv's and two receivers the one tv is in the bedroom which get hookup to the receiver and the sat output in the bedroom. The other is in the living room area that also have a receiver and to the output sat port behind that tv, the problem come in that the tv in the bedroom work good, but when I get the tv working in the living room area it will work for about 15 to 20 minutes and it will lose the signal.

This had stressed me to no end, I do have a tester that I'm planning on testing the sat port outside coming in into the back of each tv's to see it's theirs a problem with the connection, maybe something is lose or something I'm not sure.

The last time that we went out that my wife look at the tv in the bedroom (HGTV) and I hook up my Amazon tv firestick in the living area, which that was okay.

So when the wife and I was in the living room area we turn off the tv in the bedroom and try to watch sat tv just their and it work for a little while and about 20 minutes it would lose the signal again.
Old 06-14-2019, 05:52 PM   #8

Big1, which satellite dish did you purchase?
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 10:51 PM   #9

The King Pro Tailgater Dish with two Wallys.