Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-06-2022, 09:06 AM   #1

dishwasher

I have 2022 Pinnacle with dishwasher prep. I have two questions. First what dishwasher brands did you install under the sink. The second question did you use or lower the drain discharge so that the drain was more gravity assisted.
northwoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 09:38 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwoodman View Post
I have 2022 Pinnacle with dishwasher prep. I have two questions. First what dishwasher brands did you install under the sink. The second question did you use or lower the drain discharge so that the drain was more gravity assisted.
I have a 2021 Pinnacle 36KPTS and installed a stainless steel Vesta dishwasher. I ordered the dishwasher from Camping World and had it shipped to my house.

Installation in the space below the sink was straight-forward and did not require any modification of the drain discharge. In fact, there was a capped-off tee on the under-sink drain line onto which the drain line from the Vesta perfectly slid onto and a hot water line spigot for the dishwasher's water supply line to attach.

We have been using the dishwasher for over a year and it has performed perfectly! The handle on the dishwasher even matches the style of the cabinet door hardware; so, it really looks great in our kitchen with the other stainless steel appliances.
JCoPinnacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 09:38 AM   #3

Quote:
I would recommend the Fisher-Paykel dishwasher. This is a REALLY nice dishwasher, and we are in the living room all the time while it's running, and it is almost 100% undetectable, it's so quiet. The only issue that we have had with it, is that the spinner on the bottom of the dishwasher will get dislodged while driving, and it will throw a code that that it can't run. You simply put it back in place, and the cycle completes with no issues.

I did a post on how I installed mine, which is the taller model, BUT, if I had it to do over, I probably would have installed the shorter version. In that post is another link to the guy that I got the idea from, and the one who deserves all the credit. He did the shorter install.

I did NOT modify or alter the drain at all. The hookup was fairly simple, and again, if I had used the shorter version, modifying the cabinet would have been much easier. Easier to add pieces on, than take pieces off for sure.

This is the post that I did:

Dishwasher install...
Old 11-06-2022, 10:20 AM   #4

Thanks for the information. I haven't been able to find a Vesta. No one has any stock. I hope they didn't discontinue manufacturing.
Old 11-06-2022, 10:24 AM   #5

Thanks for the reply I did see your youtube video awhile ago I'll look into the smaller version.
Old 11-06-2022, 11:56 AM   #6

Quote:
Thanks for the information. I haven't been able to find a Vesta. No one has any stock. I hope they didn't discontinue manufacturing.
I'm not saying that the Vesta is a bad unit, but I remember seeing somewhere that they are no longer making them. Not sure sure where I saw that though...
cadman_ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 03:06 PM   #7

Quote:
The Vesta for now is not being manufactured. Westland Sales, the company that had them manufactured, told me the company they used stopped making them. Westland Sales has been trying to find another company to make them but have not been successful so far. We had a Vesta installed in our Pinnacle from day one and it has been flawless. Being full time, we have used it daily for the last 3 1/2 years. In our stick & brick homes we always had a Bosch dishwasher and the Vesta was IMHO better than any Bosch we've ever owned. We had it installed under the kitchen sink and it drains into the sink drain just like any other dishwasher. Installing it under the sink eliminated access to the shut off valves, one of which goes to the refrigerator so we had the dealer put an access door on the side of the kitchen island for access to those valves. I've attached pics of our setup. The Fisher Paykel cost $800 and the Vesta at the time was only $389.
Attached Thumbnails
Dishwasher.jpg   Island Access Door.jpg   Island Access Door 2.jpg   Island Access Door 3.jpg  
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 09:55 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
... I've attached pics of our setup. The Fisher Paykel cost $800 and the Vesta at the time was only $389.
Nice install!!!

No arguments that the FP is expensive for sure...

I don't know this for a fact, but I would suspect that any drawer dishwasher would fit in that space. I'd guess they are all the same width, but possibly vary in height, which is something you have to watch out for...
Old 11-07-2022, 09:40 AM   #9

Check this video
billcf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 11:20 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by billcf7 View Post
Thank you for loving the video!!! I tried doing that in my post above, and the link didn't work.

This is the video that I started with when I put my dishwasher in...