Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-23-2020, 07:22 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmot View Post
No. The EternaBond goes on last. Install the fan, then Dicor Self-Levelling sealant around the perimeter. After it dries apply the EternaBond so it covers the edge of the fan shroud AND the roof. This will seal it permanently.
What he said! Don't have to keep checking to see if the dicor has cracked. Eternabond and done!

RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 07:46 PM   #42

Ok, got it! Thanks!
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 06:53 AM   #43

Just finished same install. Cut the original garnish to fit then notch the corners to fit. Careful work perfect fit.
Roundtuit60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 02:44 PM   #44

Ordered mine yesterday after seeing this thread, thanks everyone.
Scottenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 07:00 PM   #45

Yeah, you won't regret getting one, the wife and I love ours you can take the air out or you can bring air in.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 07:42 PM   #46

I went with the Maxx Air 00-07500K MaxxFan Deluxe with Remote - Smoke from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Maxx-Air-0000...2CQZ4EHY69254C
For the following reasons:
1) Fan is reversible - run as a ceiling fan when lid is closed
2) Temperature controlled.
3) 10 speeds
4) Quiet
5) I have pets so when we are out, the fan can keep the temperature stable by cracking the farthest window and set the fan to pull air out to allow air circulation
6) Can operate it even when its raining.
7) Lid open/closes via the remote or you can open/close it manually as well.
CA172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 06:43 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA172 View Post
I went with the Maxx Air 00-07500K MaxxFan Deluxe with Remote - Smoke from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Maxx-Air-0000...2CQZ4EHY69254C
For the following reasons:
1) Fan is reversible - run as a ceiling fan when lid is closed
2) Temperature controlled.
3) 10 speeds
4) Quiet
5) I have pets so when we are out, the fan can keep the temperature stable by cracking the farthest window and set the fan to pull air out to allow air circulation
6) Can operate it even when its raining.
7) Lid open/closes via the remote or you can open/close it manually as well.
X2. Still gotta install mine before our coastal trip next month.
Old 05-26-2020, 06:45 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundtuit60 View Post
Just finished same install. Cut the original garnish to fit then notch the corners to fit. Careful work perfect fit.
Don't understand all the trimming. The new shroud should fit the new fan, and you should only have to trim the new shroud for length, right? Or easier to use the old shroud?
Old 05-26-2020, 08:44 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmot View Post
No. The EternaBond goes on last. Install the fan, then Dicor Self-Levelling sealant around the perimeter. After it dries apply the EternaBond so it covers the edge of the fan shroud AND the roof. This will seal it permanently.
Eternabond is so good I am waiting a while to make sure my fan isn't defective before using the tape! I have only tried to remove Eternabond once before and failed miserably.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 02:25 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
Eternabond is so good I am waiting a while to make sure my fan isn't defective before using the tape! I have only tried to remove Eternabond once before and failed miserably.
Good advice. I got the eternabond in the mail a few days ago, and opened the container. It looks like it would be a bear to take off once applied, lol.
Old 05-26-2020, 04:11 PM   #51
CAG

I was hoping that the old shroud would fit as it would have saved a few step. It does not, at least with the POS that Jayco installed in the bathroom of the 2018 Greyhawk. The stock shroud is smaller so if you have the same situation that I did you will need to use the shroud provided with the fan.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 04:34 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
I was hoping that the old shroud would fit as it would have saved a few step. It does not, at least with the POS that Jayco installed in the bathroom of the 2018 Greyhawk. The stock shroud is smaller so if you have the same situation that I did you will need to use the shroud provided with the fan.
Thanks. By the way, are you happy switching from your fifth wheel toy hauler and diesel to Greyhawk living?
Old 05-26-2020, 04:48 PM   #53
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkymntsno View Post
Thanks. By the way, are you happy switching from your fifth wheel toy hauler and diesel to Greyhawk living?
Without dragging this too far off topic, yes we are. The toy hauler, Honda SXS and Duramax were all great. My second Duramax BTW, and I loved that truck but family camping became a major issue with 25 of us and calendars that never seemed to mesh. The prep, setup, and then take down got to be a big deal so we made a decision to downsize some. I love my Jeep Sahara almost as much as I did the Duramax We still do family camps but on a smaller scale.

To keep this on topic I had switched the fan in the bath of the toy hauler to a Fantastic with remote and added another to the vent in the bedroom later.

Old 05-26-2020, 06:16 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
Without dragging this too far off topic, yes we are. The toy hauler, Honda SXS and Duramax were all great. My second Duramax BTW, and I loved that truck but family camping became a major issue with 25 of us and calendars that never seemed to mesh. The prep, setup, and then take down got to be a big deal so we made a decision to downsize some. I love my Jeep Sahara almost as much as I did the Duramax We still do family camps but on a smaller scale.

To keep this on topic I had switched the fan in the bath of the toy hauler to a Fantastic with remote and added another to the vent in the bedroom later.
Thanks for that. I'm looking forward to installing the Maxx Fan with remote. The only vent in our 5'er.
Old 05-27-2020, 11:11 AM   #55

air movement

Assuming I can get a fan that fits (I have the same rig as Davolson..28.5) the shroud, do you think installing it in bathroom where the existing bad fan is would pull enough hot air out of the adjoining bedroom? It would make wiring much easier if so. Otherwise I would try and install it in the bedroom vent and try to fish some wire to it. But that is a whole 'nother venture.
Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi
BLTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 11:23 AM   #56
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLTravels View Post
Assuming I can get a fan that fits (I have the same rig as Davolson..28.5) the shroud, do you think installing it in bathroom where the existing bad fan is would pull enough hot air out of the adjoining bedroom? It would make wiring much easier if so. Otherwise I would try and install it in the bedroom vent and try to fish some wire to it. But that is a whole 'nother venture.
No doubt. It moves a lot of air especially on high. I use it to move the moist shower air out also.

Old 05-27-2020, 11:23 AM   #57

Quote:
I think it would...........they are really powerful and move a lot of air.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 01:44 PM   #58

I have a Pinnacle with bath and a half. The fan in the half bath died and replaced it with the MaxxAir with the remote. Easy to do, love it and soon going to replace the one in the other bath with the same MaxxAir.
B&W Companion Hitch
Westyray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 01:59 PM   #59

Quote:
The only vent in my camper is in the bathroom where I installed my 7500. With it running on a medium speed, there is a decent amount of air movement felt in the bedroom on the other end of the trailer. On high there is quite a bit of air movement.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 01:21 PM   #60

Well I finally was able to install the Maxx Aire fan with remote in our 355MBQS this morning. Did it early to beat the heat. Only problem I had was with the shroud trim. The new one did not fit, was about 2" too short, did not go all the way to the ceiling. I kept it as a backup in case I screwed up trimming the old one. I trimmed the old one and had to notch all four corners as each corner is "indented" about a half an inch and would not go up into the new fan. Once notched, it fit pretty good. Not perfect but better than the new shroud trim which I still don't know why it was too short. I should've taken a picture of that too. Forgot. Anyway it's done. And it's a nice fan!
Attached Thumbnails
Vent 1.jpg   Vent 2.jpg   Vent 3.jpg   Vent 4.jpg