Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-05-2020, 02:40 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkymntsno View Post
Well I finally was able to install the Maxx Aire fan with remote in our 355MBQS this morning. Did it early to beat the heat. Only problem I had was with the shroud trim. The new one did not fit, was about 2" too short, did not go all the way to the ceiling. I kept it as a backup in case I screwed up trimming the old one. I trimmed the old one and had to notch all four corners as each corner is "indented" about a half an inch and would not go up into the new fan. Once notched, it fit pretty good. Not perfect but better than the new shroud trim which I still don't know why it was too short. I should've taken a picture of that too. Forgot. Anyway it's done. And it's a nice fan!
I am putting mine in this weekend, how long did it take you?
Scottenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 03:24 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottenj View Post
I am putting mine in this weekend, how long did it take you?
It took about two hours but that was also with trimming the shroud with a hacksaw. I was really careful cleaning off the old dicor. That was a pain in the ass but I took it slow. Didn't really know what the hell I was doing but it came out good.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 03:54 PM   #63

Hey rkymntsno, did you happen to take any pics while you were up on the roof?
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 03:59 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Hey rkymntsno, did you happen to take any pics while you were up on the roof?
Yes, go back a page to page 3 of the thread. I posted them.
Old 07-15-2020, 12:20 PM   #65

Quote:
Well I finally was able to install the Maxx Aire fan with remote in our 355MBQS this morning...And it's a nice fan!
Hello! Do you have the means by chance to figure out the amp draw on this? Or does the manual give you such information? I'm considering an upgrade but would like to know what to expect for dry camping purposes.
Old 07-15-2020, 01:10 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaan View Post
Hello! Do you have the means by chance to figure out the amp draw on this? Or does the manual give you such information? I'm considering an upgrade but would like to know what to expect for dry camping purposes.
It’s a 10 speed fan, on mine 10% draws 0.1 amps, 10 to 20% will get the moisture out of your bathroom during a shower, 50% draws 1.0 amps and 100% draws 2.8 amps. 100% is pull the heat out of the RV speed.
Old 07-15-2020, 01:38 PM   #67

Quote:
It’s a 10 speed fan, on mine 10% draws 0.1 amps, 10 to 20% will get the moisture out of your bathroom during a shower, 50% draws 1.0 amps and 100% draws 2.8 amps. 100% is pull the heat out of the RV speed.
Thanks for that info. How do you do that? With a voltmeter touching the wires at the different speeds?
Old 07-15-2020, 01:45 PM   #68

Quote:
Thanks for that info. How do you do that? With a voltmeter touching the wires at the different speeds?
I have a battery monitor installed that monitors current draw and battery bank percent full. I shut off everything so I had zero draw and then ran the fan at the three different speeds. A voltmeter touching the wire will only give you voltage not current draw.
Old 07-15-2020, 01:52 PM   #69

Quote:
I have a battery monitor installed that monitors current draw and battery bank percent full. I shut off everything so I had zero draw and then ran the fan at the three different speeds. A voltmeter touching the wire will only give you voltage not current draw.
Ok, thanks for the info.
Old 07-15-2020, 04:29 PM   #70

Quote:
Thank you!! Our OEM fan draw 1.3 A, which seems high for what it does (ie, not much of anything). I would say it will get the moisture out of the bathroom, but yours must be significantly more efficient.

Can you feel airflow through a window (if you have most closed and 1-2 open)? Or is it simply noticeable that the rig cools quickly-ish? This is an expensive proposition, but dry camping is hard in CA without AC (ie, solar but no gennie).

Quote:
Ok, thanks for the info.
I built this into mine and added an ethernet cable to get the sensor connected close the battery and the monitor installed inside the TT. I can give you more info if you'd like. It's great!!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B4CWKRJ
Old 07-15-2020, 06:22 PM   #71

Quote:
Thank you!! Our OEM fan draw 1.3 A, which seems high for what it does (ie, not much of anything). I would say it will get the moisture out of the bathroom, but yours must be significantly more efficient.

Can you feel airflow through a window (if you have most closed and 1-2 open)? Or is it simply noticeable that the rig cools quickly-ish? This is an expensive proposition, but dry camping is hard in CA without AC (ie, solar but no gennie).

I built this into mine and added an ethernet cable to get the sensor connected close the battery and the monitor installed inside the TT. I can give you more info if you'd like. It's great!!

Thanks.
Old 07-17-2020, 01:07 AM   #72

Quote:
Here you go:
SPECIFICATIONS

Dimensions:
Fits a standard RV fan cutout of 14″ x 14″.

Flow:
900 CFM

Power Consumption:

SPEED AMP
1 0.1
2 0.2
3 0.3
4 0.4
5 0.6
6 0.9
7 1.1
8 1.5
9 2.0
10 2.8
CA172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 11:27 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA172 View Post
Here you go:
SPECIFICATIONS

Dimensions:
Fits a standard RV fan cutout of 14″ x 14″.

Flow:
900 CFM

Power Consumption:

SPEED AMP
1 0.1
2 0.2
3 0.3
4 0.4
5 0.6
6 0.9
7 1.1
8 1.5
9 2.0
10 2.8
Interesting, on mine I measure 0.1 at 1, and 2.8 at 10 just like the specs but 1.0 at 5 instead of 0.6.
Old 07-17-2020, 11:30 AM   #74

Quote:

I will try just opening a couple of windows and cranking it up and let you know, I am pretty sure I will feel the air coming in, it moves a lot of air. I want to say I noticed it pulling air in through the screen door when I first put it in but that could have just been a breeze from outside. I would actually like to put one in the ceiling of my living room but that would be a really difficult install.
Old 07-17-2020, 11:35 AM   #75

Quote:

I put in a battery shunt, I believe what you are showing is not as accurate as a shunt. The shunt I put is connected to a display that integrates the total current flow in and out and give a continuous reading of percentage full for my battery bank. I have a Trimetric System but if I had it to do over again I would probably put in the Victron because you can also monitor your batteries over blue tooth (although Trimetric has a version for that now too).
Old 07-17-2020, 02:18 PM   #76

Quote:

I just tried running the fan at 10 with two windows open and yes I can feel the air flow. Listening to the fan there is also a lot of air flow going through the fan.
Old 05-22-2021, 10:22 AM   #77

Existing wiring

Dumb question probably. I’ve been combing through posts for anyone talking about existing wiring. I’ve got a 2021 264bh with the crap stock fan. Will the existing wiring be good to handle the new maxxfan? That is the first thing we are supposed to check. Thank you!
CBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 10:23 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBears View Post
Dumb question probably. I’ve been combing through posts for anyone talking about existing wiring. I’ve got a 2021 264bh with the crap stock fan. Will the existing wiring be good to handle the new maxxfan? That is the first thing we are supposed to check. Thank you!
Yes it will.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 11:55 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
Yes it will.
Awesome! Thanks. This thread was awesome!
CBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 12:39 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBears View Post
Awesome! Thanks. This thread was awesome!
Yes, it should. I installed the MaxxAire fan 12 months ago and it still doesn't work. Waiting on a control board from AirExcell, makers of the MaxxAire. Hasn't worked since install. Worked for one month then defaults to alarm. POS if you ask me. Terrible customer service. They could give a sh** less about the customer.