Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-01-2021, 10:51 AM   #21

Can’t really comment about the levelers. But about raising the hitch, if you think you’ll be too nose-high check the bolts in the spring hangers. If they are not in the lowest hole you can get a little lift by using a lower hole. That might get a little more space below the levelers too.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 12:04 PM   #22

FOLLOWING
XMEDIC73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 12:13 PM   #23

Stabilize Bolts

I have a 2016 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 RTTS and I only have four bolts holding my stabilize in place.

Marko
Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 12:17 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko View Post
Stabilize Bolts

I have a 2016 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 RTTS and I only have four bolts holding my stabilize in place.

Marko
Yeah I can not really envision 6 there.
Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 12:18 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHorse1 View Post
Can’t really comment about the levelers. But about raising the hitch, if you think you’ll be too nose-high check the bolts in the spring hangers. If they are not in the lowest hole you can get a little lift by using a lower hole. That might get a little more space below the levelers too.
Per my other threads, that's already done.
Old 03-01-2021, 02:35 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista View Post
... and forest service road dips.
^^ YES ^^

Especially when crossing cattle guards on the FS roads. Now I go across them REALLY slow... when they have ruts or a drop off on the edge, they have hit on our Seneca - and I think our Seneca's retracted jacks are higher off the ground.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 03:36 PM   #27

Quote:
Brought the new 25.5REOK home. Picture below and excuse the dirt on vehicle and trailer - it was quite a trip.

Questions:

Do the rear stabilizers look like they are mounted low?
Does it look just a tad nose high? I neglected to check with a level, and to my eye at the time it looked pretty level .....

I would like to raise the B & W companion hitch one last inch to provide just a little more clearance, but am concerned it may take it a little too nose high. Until I get 16 inch wheels on it - 2 years away probably, I want it riding as level as possible, while still protecting bed clearance.
Our two rear jacks seemed low when we took delivery of our 2019 355mbqs. They were approx 7" to the ground. So low I chose not to put snap pads on the rear jacks but on the other four. I contacted Jayco who confirmed with Lippert, if they're between at least 6-8" it's within specs. I think that's bull**** cuz I scrape a lot. I'm just waiting to knock one of them off. I could take the platform off but then I've got a 2" pipe that will dig into the pavement. No thanks. They did have me run a string line from the bumper to the tire and if it cleared the jack it was good. Again, I don't agree.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 04:10 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkymntsno View Post
Our two rear jacks seemed low when we took delivery of our 2019 355mbqs. They were approx 7" to the ground. So low I chose not to put snap pads on the rear jacks but on the other four. I contacted Jayco who confirmed with Lippert, if they're between at least 6-8" it's within specs. I think that's bull**** cuz I scrape a lot. I'm just waiting to knock one of them off. I could take the platform off but then I've got a 2" pipe that will dig into the pavement. No thanks. They did have me run a string line from the bumper to the tire and if it cleared the jack it was good. Again, I don't agree.
That's interesting and helpful information. I agree with you, their measurement does not seem sufficient.
Old 03-03-2021, 07:51 PM   #29

You can see my rig info in my signature. I was really worried when I got mine because it looked so low. If you think about where it is located the only place you would probably ever have an issue is if you drive over a curb and the rear tire drops off and can strike the leveler or if you drop the rear tire in a big hole. I have snap pads on mine which brought it about another 1" lower. I have pulled mine about 8,000 miles and actually did run over one curb and have not touched them down or had any damage. They are so close to the back tire a dip or steep slope is not going to hit the leveler. Some of the big rigs have one much further toward the rear and I could see them getting hung up on a dip or slope. Happy Camping and God Bless!
1998 HitchHiker II 31 RLBG (Sold 2012)
2002 Ford F350 7.3L Turbo, Crew Cab, DRW, 4:10 (Mint, Garage Queen)
TnHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 07:51 AM   #30

Looks a little low in the nose,I can’t comment on the stabilizer.
Buddyboy1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 09:59 AM   #31

Had the same problem. People would stop and tell me my jacks were not all the way up. Once I pulled in for gas and almost got hung up. Called Lipert and ordered jacks 2 inches shorter, just have to use a little more blocking when putting jacks down. Works great. This is on a jayco 28.5 eagle 5th wheel.
Mtpockt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 07:04 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtpockt View Post
Had the same problem. People would stop and tell me my jacks were not all the way up. Once I pulled in for gas and almost got hung up. Called Lipert and ordered jacks 2 inches shorter, just have to use a little more blocking when putting jacks down. Works great. This is on a jayco 28.5 eagle 5th wheel.
Hell I'll just wait til they rip off before I go and pay for two new jacks.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 09:19 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtpockt View Post
Why would you order new jacks if they can simply be mounted 2 inches farther up?
Old 03-15-2021, 11:44 PM   #34

Quote:
Brought the new 25.5REOK home. Picture below and excuse the dirt on vehicle and trailer - it was quite a trip.

Questions:

Does it look just a tad nose high? I neglected to check with a level, and to my eye at the time it looked pretty level .....

I would like to raise the B & W companion hitch one last inch to provide just a little more clearance, but am concerned it may take it a little too nose high. Until I get 16 inch wheels on it - 2 years away probably, I want it riding as level as possible, while still protecting bed clearance.

Mine came with 16" wheels and I don't see any issue with clearance but then mine is 2 years older and who know what changes were made in that time.

I have never hit anything with my rear so it has not ever been a problem.

Archie

If the women don't find you handsome, they shoud at least find you handy!

Mark and Debi
Bountiful, UT
2019 Jayco Eagle HT 25.5 REOK
2017 F250 Power Stroke XL Standard Cab Long Bed
Madwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 11:51 PM   #35

You may want to check and see if your on the highest point on the Axel shackles. I'm not sure if that's the correct term but there is an adjustment on the axles spring shackles that is adjustable and you WILL need to have them raised to the highest position if you put on 16' wheels and tires.

Quote:

Questions:

If the women don't find you handsome, they shoud at least find you handy!

Mark and Debi
Bountiful, UT
2019 Jayco Eagle HT 25.5 REOK
2017 F250 Power Stroke XL Standard Cab Long Bed
Madwinger is offline   Reply With Quote