Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-18-2019, 04:08 PM   #41

Awesome Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang65 View Post
As mentioned in post #8, send pictures in an email to JAYCO to insure that your complaint is on file with them, do not put your trust in the dealership
Don
My Registry

RVing with SOLAR
This is exactly what we are doing and sure hope we get somewhere with it.
wheelsofserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 08:32 PM   #42

We have our 28.5 HT scheduled in mid-October for the redo under warranty. They say they will have it a week. Tried to schedule it in so it doesn’t interfere too much with our camping.
Old 08-19-2019, 10:19 AM   #43

This morning I received my reply from Jayco about my request for assurance and their response was unfortunately due to the unit not having this issue noted in our system prior to warranty expiration, we will not be able to participate in front cap repair”. 2017 Eagle just over three months out of warranty. The were very polite about telling me.
dmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 12:07 PM   #44

If it was me, I would go back to Jayco, and I would say, I realize my warranty expired. I thought you had a policy that you took care of your customers after the sale. I would like to ask you reconsider my plea, and cover the painting of my nose cap, under policy as you have for other customer. Your participation will certainly be appreciated.
tjweaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 12:23 PM   #45

That is exactly what I did. Not sure what might happen but I will keep it updated.
Old 08-19-2019, 08:42 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsofserenity View Post
Did you have to pay out of pocket for the repair?
Not one penny, it was covered under warranty and I was told by the dealer service rep that Jayco authorized $1400 for the repair
Quick Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 03:21 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac View Post
This morning I received my reply from Jayco about my request for assurance and their response was unfortunately due to the unit not having this issue noted in our system prior to warranty expiration, we will not be able to participate in front cap repair”. 2017 Eagle just over three months out of warranty. The were very polite about telling me.
Update. After getting the reply from Jayco I reviewed the agreement on the protective coating I was talked into buying, at an apparently greatly reduced price. It has a guarantee of 5 years against fade and other issues. I filed a claim, sent them some pictures and got an estimate for repair today. I attached the estimate to an email and sent it to the company. In less than one hour I received an approval for the entire amount as well as having the protective coating reapplied at their expense to keep the warranty in place. This is a great company.
Old 08-22-2019, 04:41 PM   #48
Site Team

Wow.... GREAT news!!!!
Don

My Registry

RVing with SOLAR
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 07:34 PM   #49

I have the same issue with my 2017 28.5. But I bought it used at a year old so I am SOL for any warranty work. However if anyone is like me I found out how to take care of the problem.

These caps are made by a third party vendor. They use a mold for ease of manufacturing and speed and lowest cost. They first spray a clear coat on the inside of the mold. Then spray the color and then the gel coat gets added. Just like boats if you will.

Well if you catch it early enough before it gets into and through the paint and where gel coat starts showing all you have to do is re clear coat it. That IMO is what they didnt do correctly in the manufacturing process.

I did many trail and errors before I got to this point but I did 3 coats of automotive clear with auto clear spray paint on the top half of the cap and it looks great now. This is for anyone who is unable to get warranty work done and is somewhat handy.

This is the thread that took me down that road and has a lot of good info in it.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...eel-67625.html
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 08:43 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac View Post
Update. After getting the reply from Jayco I reviewed the agreement on the protective coating I was talked into buying, at an apparently greatly reduced price. It has a guarantee of 5 years against fade and other issues. I filed a claim, sent them some pictures and got an estimate for repair today. I attached the estimate to an email and sent it to the company. In less than one hour I received an approval for the entire amount as well as having the protective coating reapplied at their expense to keep the warranty in place. This is a great company.

Glad to hear it worked out for you. Mine is still under warranty and is currently in the body shop being redone. They have moved it from today to Monday on having it finished.
B&W Companion 5th Wheel

Centerville,TN
backpack1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 07:20 AM   #51

3M Restore

My FW was fading too and I'm out of warranty. I came across this product from 3M to restore oxidation. So far I'm pleased with the results. Here are some pics of before and after.
Attached Thumbnails
before.jpg   after.jpg   3m.jpg  
Rob66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 08:59 AM   #52

Rob, please let us know how well it holds up. I used a 3-step Meguiar's product to restore my cap a month ago and I thought last week I could see signs it is starting to fade again so I applied another coat of wax. Maybe your 3M product will last longer.
2011 Chevy 2500HD Duramax Crew Cab 4WD
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 09:45 AM   #53

Will do. Thanks.
Old 09-03-2019, 10:38 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob66 View Post
My FW was fading too and I'm out of warranty. I came across this product from 3M to restore oxidation. So far I'm pleased with the results. Here are some pics of before and after.
We used it on our 25-foot Catalina sailboat which had years of oxidization and were very impressed. Gelcoat is like new. Good product.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 04:15 PM   #55

Dealer finished painting the front cap on my 293rkds. Best I can tell they did a good job and Jayco payed $1500.00 toward getting it fixed.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_E0705.jpg  
Bama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 03:17 PM   #56

After reading this thread today I went out and looked at our 2018 HT 28.5 RSTS. Sure enough our cap is fading too. Mostly near the top and more in the center than on the edges. Ours was 2 years old early in July so my guess is I will be SOL but am going to email Jayco with photos and see what happens.

If I have to pay for it I will leave the decals off and be sure to tell everyone why they are not there!
Old 09-12-2019, 11:08 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama View Post
Dealer finished painting the front cap on my 293rkds. Best I can tell they did a good job and Jayco payed $1500.00 toward getting it fixed.
Looks great!
Old 09-12-2019, 11:12 AM   #58

Keep us posted. Thank you!
Old 09-12-2019, 11:36 AM   #59

Angry Awesome Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNelson View Post
After reading this thread today I went out and looked at our 2018 HT 28.5 RSTS. Sure enough our cap is fading too. Mostly near the top and more in the center than on the edges. Ours was 2 years old early in July so my guess is I will be SOL but am going to email Jayco with photos and see what happens.

If I have to pay for it I will leave the decals off and be sure to tell everyone why they are not there!
I contacted Jayco direct and was told to contact our dealer for a warranty authorization request. Contacted our dealer and sent pics to which they in turn sent the pics to Jayco and I'm still waiting to hear if Jayco will pay for a repaint. I have been told however that if Jayco pays for the repaint you are responsible for the new decals if you want them. Our dealer is the worst in getting back to us
wheelsofserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 09:15 AM   #60

Hi: Would originally having full-body paint job have avoided the fading issue? I'm trying to figure out if I should buy one with full-body paint or not.
Vfoote3 is offline   Reply With Quote