Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-24-2023, 01:13 PM   #1

Docking Station Cable Connections

I noticed that the external docking station on our 2023 355MBQS, besides the water connections and valves, also has 3 RCA jacks for Tv input. They are labeled Cable, Sat, and Aux. My question is how are they treated differently by the RV. We have 4 locations with connections, the one in the LR has two jacks and the power switch for the antenna, the middle bunk has one jack, the front bedroom has two jacks, and the basement has a single jack by the curbside door. What exterior connection feeds what interior connection? The Jayco owners manual, aside from having a ton of legal warnings and cautions, is fairly useless in specifically describing how anything works.
Nevr2late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 03:27 PM   #2

On our 2019 Pinnacle if there is cable TV available I connect to the connector marked cable and turn the antenna booster off. Then in the TV menu you will need to select cable and possibly scan for the channels. I've never used a satellite so I can't say there. If you have antenna/OTA then turn on the antenna booster and select air in the TV setup menu.

Hope that helps.
Demco 18K Autoslide Hitch and Timbrens
2019 Ford F350 SB 6.7L Diesel (Gone)
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 11:50 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar57 View Post
On our 2019 Pinnacle if there is cable TV available I connect to the connector marked cable and turn the antenna booster off. Then in the TV menu you will need to select cable and possibly scan for the channels. I've never used a satellite so I can't say there. If you have antenna/OTA then turn on the antenna booster and select air in the TV setup menu.

Hope that helps.
Thank you and I understand all that. But how do the inputs feed the various TV locations? Do each of the 3 inputs go to all 4 outputs? If so, why are there 2 connectors in the living room and bedroom? On my old Fleetwood Prowler I had a decent set of instructions on how all of the TV connectors worked; I got nothing with the Jayco. Last time I tried, the cable would not feed the mid bunk so I'm wondering how it all works.
Old 05-25-2023, 08:21 PM   #4

I don’t have a bunkhouse so my interior setup is different than yours. I do have the 3 connections in the wetbay. I had a hard time setting up my dish and getting it to work on all TV’s. I contacted Jayco and they sent me the wiring diagram for all the coax cable runs so I was eventually able to figure it out. Might be worth a call to Jayco - they were pretty responsive in sending the document.
Roadpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 07:57 AM   #5

Thanks for the advice, I just contacted them so we'll see what they send me. I also got a Klein coaxial tester to trace the input sources to outputs to see how they are fed.
Old 05-28-2023, 06:35 AM   #6

One more comment. If you are hooking up Satellite - check all the connections even behind the wall in basement and where the wire connects to the wall plates. Satellite will not work if there are loose connections. Every one of mine was loose.
Roadpop is offline   Reply With Quote