Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-07-2017, 07:08 PM   #1

Does it have a remote?

Hey thanks everybody for all the help. I have another ? Does the 377rlbh suppose to come with a hand held remote that runs awnings ,jacks, etc? We couldn't find one. There was a sticker that said u could download an app for smartphone tho but the salesman said he thought there was suppose to be a remote but they couldn't find one
Pappyt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 07:10 PM   #2

After 17.5 they switched to the on-wall tablet, you can download the app to an android or iPhone device. Much better than the old remote.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
enmity02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 05:15 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by enmity02 View Post
After 17.5 they switched to the on-wall tablet, you can download the app to an android or iPhone device. Much better than the old remote.

What he said. If you have a small tablet located on the wall (Usually below or near your switch center) then you have the newer version. They started putting those on in the beginning of the year. If you have this, then go to your appropriate App store and download LCI OneControl. Once you have this, while in your trailer, connect via WIFI to the LCI modem in your trailer (Yes, it has its' own WIFI...But you can only use it for the trailer...Not for surfing). The first time you connect it will ask you for a code. That code is located on the outside of the modem which should be inside a cabinet very close to the tablet. Enter the code, create a PIN and you can run your leveling system, slides, awnings, and some lights right for your phone....So you don't need a remote. It is really slick. Our first set-up and I had the entire trailer set-up and ready to go without even stepping inside.

If you do NOT have the tablet on the wall....Then you are missing the remote. When was the trailer produced?
Fishermanbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:27 AM   #4

We had the same question about our 375, and the first dealer we went to was clueless. They were looking in drawers and under everything to try to find the "lost remote."

I had to come here and ask the same question. Ended up buying from a different dealer, and they knew all about the new phone app and walked me through it with no problems. The directions given above are exactly what we did. Once you download the LCI One Control app, click on MyRV and go from there.
2016 Ford F350 Platinum DRW with 5th wheel prep package, Diesel, 4 x 4
glitelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:29 AM   #5

I read somewhere that the old original Linc remote can be bought and linked to the new Myrv system if you wanted an actual remote. I really like the new system. I have it paired to my cell phone. I can raise and lower the landing gear while hitching up without getting out of the truck. The only thing I don't like about it, is it takes a while to connect to the trailer and it does this every time you open the app.

My unit came off the line on 03/10/17. A 2017 Eagle 293RKDS.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 10:24 AM   #6

Yeah mine has the wall unit touch pad. Thats what figured that they done away with remote. Thanks
Pappyt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 05:32 PM   #7

Does this new system control the door lock? I see they have deleted the Keyless entry on some of their models.
rdlouks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 05:42 PM   #8

It does not and they deleted the keyless entry on the 2018 models

Old 05-09-2017, 05:50 PM   #9

Quote:
It does not and they deleted the keyless entry on the 2018 models

Sad! I heard the same thing. That is one thing I will miss. Has anybody heard why they chose to deleted the keyless entry?
Old 05-09-2017, 06:19 PM   #10

When I talked to the Jayco rep it is all about balancing out the items they add and the items they remove so that the MSRP will stay about the same price. As for the keyless entry, he told me they have had some issues with them due to heat and premature failure on the batteries causing people to get locked out.
The lighted jayco logo on the control panel is probably a $20 part, the keypad $200, the tv lift $250, the soap dispenser $15... they all add up, and when they add things like new axles and the morryde steps to the '18 they need to look to cut costs.
Old 05-09-2017, 06:49 PM   #11

Quote:
When I talked to the Jayco rep it is all about balancing out the items they add and the items they remove so that the MSRP will stay about the same price. As for the keyless entry, he told me they have had some issues with them due to heat and premature failure on the batteries causing people to get locked out.
The lighted jayco logo on the control panel is probably a $20 part, the keypad $200, the tv lift $250, the soap dispenser $15... they all add up, and when they add things like new axles and the morryde steps to the '18 they need to look to cut costs.
I can understand that. Get a little, lose a little.
Old 05-09-2017, 07:56 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappyt2 View Post
Yeah mine has the wall unit touch pad. Thats what figured that they done away with remote. Thanks
Yes...From what I've read..there is an app for your smart phone which works the same as a remote. I think I saved the info..if I locate it I'll post back.....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Jersey Grandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 08:11 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Grandma View Post
Yes...From what I've read..there is an app for your smart phone which works the same as a remote. I think I saved the info..if I locate it I'll post back.....

Here you go:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lci1.one&hl=en
Old 05-09-2017, 08:13 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlouks View Post
Yes! Perfect....Thanks! [emoji3]

Jersey Grandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 04:53 PM   #15

I have a 2017 377RLBH, the keyless entry has been a disappointment along with the remote control for the slides. I just use the main control panel

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Redbird7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 09:01 AM   #16

I have a '16 37RS and wondering if anyone replaced the tablet with a better model? If so, what did you use? Mine requires you to push everything several times to get to a different screen
JayCondo is offline   Reply With Quote