Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-18-2020, 06:22 PM   #1

does my 38flws pinnacle have an inverter

We just purchased a new leftover 2019 Pinnacle 38FLWS and are very pleased with everything about it based on 3 days of experience with it. The salesperson claims it has no inverter because we did not request one. As I read the documentation, I found a manual for a 1200watt inverter. My questions are simple. If it has an inverter, where will I find it and what outlets are powered by it.
CraigBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 06:29 PM   #2

My 17 Northpoint has a residential fridge and the trailer has an inverter and all it powers is the fridge. There is a small control panel mounted on the wall right by the main control panel and the inverter is mounted in the basement, pass thru storage, ceiling which is the underside of the floor of the front master room. Mine says Xantrex, name brand, on it.
If you have a residential fridge yours will HAVE to have one, otherwise the fridge wont work when going down the road. If you dont have the residential fridge, it possible you may not have one and it being an option. If you got literature in your manual packet, I'd bet you have one.
Old 12-18-2020, 06:30 PM   #3

Do you have a residential fridge? If yes then you have an inverter, but it usually only runs the fridge and one other outlet. The inverter is "USUALLY" on the ceiling of the storage compartment, near the batteries.
Old 12-18-2020, 06:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Do you have a residential fridge? If yes then you have an inverter, but it usually only runs the fridge and one other outlet. The inverter is "USUALLY" on the ceiling of the storage compartment, near the batteries.
If you have an inverter there could be several outlets powered by the inverter. Each will have a sticker indicating it is inverter powered. In our Pinnacle the fridge, one by the TV/entertainment center, on each side of the bed and I think another in the kitchen area. There is a post discussing inverter powered outlets.
Demco 18K Autoslide Hitch and Timbrens
2019 Ford F350 SB 6.7L Diesel (Gone)
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 06:43 PM   #5

This is what my inverter and controller look like.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190420_140157.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	66402

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190422_162320.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	66403

I had to take it out because I had a fan go nuts on me and needed to be replaced by Xantrex. Warranty.

Btw, mine powers only the fridge. No other outlets or devices are run off mine. That's how mine was wired from the factory. I even traced out the wiring to make sure because I thought it would be kinda nice to be able to run one outlet for a tv or something.
Lake Huron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 08:07 PM   #6

What frig do you have? Per Jayco's website, it is standard with the 21 Cu ft residential frig. Not available if you have the 18 cu ft frig.

https://www.jayco.com/tools/archive/...s-and-options/

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 08:10 PM   #7

Thanks to everyone for some very simple but obvious suggestions. All things are simple once understood. I have the 2 way propane/AC fridge. It makes obvious sense that with a residential fridge, an inverter would be included. I have no inverter controls near the master control panel and no outlets marked as inverter. I think the inclusion of the Xantrex manual was an accident and does not imply I have an inverter lurking in the bowels of the basement. Time to bite the bullet and buy an inverter big enough to power the whole unit. More research is required but thats my thing. Thanks everyone for your help.
Old 12-18-2020, 08:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Huron View Post
This is what my inverter and controller look like.
Attachment 66402

Attachment 66403

I had to take it out because I had a fan go nuts on me and needed to be replaced by Xantrex. Warranty.

Btw, mine powers only the fridge. No other outlets or devices are run off mine. That's how mine was wired from the factory. I even traced out the wiring to make sure because I thought it would be kinda nice to be able to run one outlet for a tv or something.
It’s pretty easy to get your inverter to power the TV.
I did mine the first week I owned it
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 09:03 PM   #9

does my 38flws pinnacle have an inverter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigBU View Post
Thanks to everyone for some very simple but obvious suggestions. All things are simple once understood. I have the 2 way propane/AC fridge. It makes obvious sense that with a residential fridge, an inverter would be included. I have no inverter controls near the master control panel and no outlets marked as inverter. I think the inclusion of the Xantrex manual was an accident and does not imply I have an inverter lurking in the bowels of the basement. Time to bite the bullet and buy an inverter big enough to power the whole unit. More research is required but thats my thing. Thanks everyone for your help.

An inverter big enough to power the whole unit is going to be a power sucker. As they grow, so does their parasitic loss and the necessary battery bank. It’s better to pick the loads you need, and size it for that.
2x Honda 2K
NewBlackDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 06:01 AM   #10

Quote:
you're not gonna get one to power the whole unit. You don't have room for that many batteries.

2011 Keystone Sprinter 323 BH
Cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 06:26 PM   #11

Cavier. Not quite true. Ignoring things such as parasitic consumption, the number of batteries primarily affects how long can you run your invertor not how big of an invertor you can run. My goal is to be able to pull over for a lunch break and have the ability to run a substantial AC load. I got it that I can not run it long with out a huge battery bank but that is not the point. I can power a substantial AC load with 3 lead acid 160amp/hour batteries, just not long. Simple math gives the guidelines for how long.
Craig Bu MS EE
Old 12-31-2020, 07:20 PM   #12

Quote:
Cavier. Not quite true. Ignoring things such as parasitic consumption, the number of batteries primarily affects how long can you run your invertor not how big of an invertor you can run. My goal is to be able to pull over for a lunch break and have the ability to run a substantial AC load. I got it that I can not run it long with out a huge battery bank but that is not the point. I can power a substantial AC load with 3 lead acid 160amp/hour batteries, just not long. Simple math gives the guidelines for how long.
Craig Bu MS EE
I just took out my 1000w inverter and put in a 2000w so I can do some short microwave blasts when I’m boondocking while I have some good solar happening.
But going straight for trying to hook the whole trailer is a little unrealistic.
Someone kicks the central vac on. Whoops. Or the fireplace, AC

After 15 years, I kid you not, the DW will still try and run a toaster and electric griddle at the same time while we are on 15 amp shore power. And still say “what happened?!”
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 12:47 PM   #13

Quote:
Craig Bu MS EE
Three 160 amp/hr batteries is only going to give you 240 amp/hrs of usable battery bank. You would be lucky to run a 2000 watt inverter
billcf7 is offline   Reply With Quote