Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-18-2022, 10:06 AM   #1

Dometic frig controller

I have a 2021 30.5CKTS with the Dometic frig. The controller (model # 385133101) has failed on me 3 times. In each of the failures, the fuse holder on the back of the circuit board has lost contact and left a brown burn spot where it attaches to the board.
I checked the amperage, (3.5 a.c. ) voltage is normal.
My question, is there a better quality controller that has a higher rating.

Thanks,
Rick
pwadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 09:44 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwadventurer View Post
I have a 2021 30.5CKTS with the Dometic frig. The controller (model # 385133101) has failed on me 3 times. In each of the failures, the fuse holder on the back of the circuit board has lost contact and left a brown burn spot where it attaches to the board.
I checked the amperage, (3.5 a.c. ) voltage is normal.
My question, is there a better quality controller that has a higher rating.

Thanks,
Rick
I know this is an old post but wondering if you have found a solution?
I have the same board with the same problem I believe.
Mine blows the fuse every couple of weeks or so and I noticed I have the "brown spot" under one of the legs of the fuse holder.
A google search seems to indicate that quite a few people are experiencing the same problem

I'm thinking of pulling the board and reflowing the solder under the fuse holder leg with the brown spot but will probably wait until closer to the seasonal campground's winter shutdown in case things go wrong.
Bigrockk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 06:21 AM   #3

The problem seemed to happen when I was either plugging into or disconnecting from shore power while the frig is running on electric, i'm not sure if gas was available. I have a whole house voltage regulator, surge suppression in line with main power cord full time.
I did what you mentioned, but I soldered a 22 awg wire on back side of board. I haven't had a problem since, but I also try to remember and shut off frig prior to plugging shore power cord into or out of supply.
I tried to put an inline fuse holder in place of board fuse holder, but just to bulky.
pwadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 07:38 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwadventurer View Post
The problem seemed to happen when I was either plugging into or disconnecting from shore power while the frig is running on electric, i'm not sure if gas was available. I have a whole house voltage regulator, surge suppression in line with main power cord full time.
I did what you mentioned, but I soldered a 22 awg wire on back side of board. I haven't had a problem since, but I also try to remember and shut off frig prior to plugging shore power cord into or out of supply.
I tried to put an inline fuse holder in place of board fuse holder, but just to bulky.
Thank you pwadventurer! Using the 22 awg wire on the back of the board is a great idea and and I will eventually try the same thing closer to seasonal shut down.

Not sure if the cause for me is the same as I'm in a seasonal and the RV stays connected to AC all season but we definitely get the occasional power outage.

Recently I ran out of fuses but did have a fuse holder that takes the plastic type ATC automotive fuses. I crimped alligator clips onto the leads, popped in a 5a fuse, and " clamped" on across the fuse holder. Seems to be working for now so hopefully it holds until I can attempt the repair.
Thank you again for the reply.
Old 01-15-2024, 10:54 AM   #5

Hi,

My question is -how are you guys getting to this board? I have had the same issue a few times.

I have a 2021 321RSTS and the board is located to the right side of the opening. Is this the same on yours?

Would love to see a picture of how you get at it. Wondering if I have the same"brown spot"

Thank you!
Pammac36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 01:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammac36 View Post
Hi,

My question is -how are you guys getting to this board? I have had the same issue a few times.

I have a 2021 321RSTS and the board is located to the right side of the opening. Is this the same on yours?

Would love to see a picture of how you get at it. Wondering if I have the same"brown spot"

Thank you!
I have to work off memory as my unit isn't accessible to me through the winter.
Mine was located to the right as well and definitely a bit of a pain to access but not impossible.

I ended up have my board replaced by my dealer after realizing it was covered under extended warranty.

I will dig a bit to see if I have any helpful pictures and if I find any I will post back here with the pics.
Old 01-17-2024, 12:20 PM   #7

what circut board

Are you guys talking about the regular fuse box where the breakers are located inside the RV?
On the panel for the fuses I do not see refrigerator.
I do see Refer is that what they are referring to??
my fuse box is just as you walk into the RV to the right near the steps
Debili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 04:21 PM   #8

Hi
There is a circuit board that you access from out side at the refrigerator access door. There is a small black box in the compartment. The board is in there and it has a glass 5v fuse on the board.
Old 01-17-2024, 04:27 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrockk View Post
I have to work off memory as my unit isn't accessible to me through the winter.
Mine was located to the right as well and definitely a bit of a pain to access but not impossible.

I ended up have my board replaced by my dealer after realizing it was covered under extended warranty.

I will dig a bit to see if I have any helpful pictures and if I find any I will post back here with the pics.
Thank you! I'd also like to know about the 22 gauge wire fix pwadventurer was talking about...in case I need it.

Unfortunately I'm not under warranty any longer. Of course, my dealer "fixed" this issue for me 2 times while under warranty.🙄
Old 01-18-2024, 07:38 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammac36 View Post
Thank you! I'd also like to know about the 22 gauge wire fix pwadventurer was talking about...in case I need it.

Unfortunately I'm not under warranty any longer. Of course, my dealer "fixed" this issue for me 2 times while under warranty.🙄
The idea of the fix is to replace the damaged or overheated "foil path" or "trace" on the circuit board.

Below is a link that will help to explain the procedure:

https://www.chemtronics.com/how-to-p...0is%20straight