Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-13-2020, 12:55 PM   #21

My last trailer had a similar problem. Would work great one day, the next day it would take 2 hours to drain 20 gallons. Turns out when they drilled the hole in the tank to installed the drain they left the cutout plastic piece in the tank. That got wedged into the drain pipe. Luckily the pipe was short and close to the dump valve. When the tanks were empty I could see it with a flashlight and finally snagged it with a coat hanger and pulled it out...problem solved.

Route 66 Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 01:05 PM   #22

We lived in it for a year already, do you think it would have happened sooner or does it take time?
liliana012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 03:13 PM   #23
Site Team

If that's the cause of your issue, it would have to be in just the right place, at the right time, when you pulled the drain valve. BUT. If I'm reading your posts right, the other drains are indeed working, draining into the gray tank, and THAT water is draining out of the gray tank ok? I'm just trying to get your scenario straight in my mind.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 03:31 PM   #24

Yes my black tank the shower and the bathroom sink are all draining correctly. My sink however is not draining. This morning it did drained then after the 2nd flush it did not.
liliana012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 12:13 PM   #25

Consider the possibility of this. If you drain your tanks at a time that they were full you may still show a reading of full. I have experienced that and put it down to the moisture on the tank walls still allowing the reading to be full. After a period of drying they will show empty. Just a thought
retired2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 12:54 PM   #26

Never look at my gauges.
2018JaycoWhiteHawk30RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 01:14 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by liliana012 View Post
Can someone please help! Last night My control panel said my Gray #2 tank is full and my black #1 tank is also full. Last night the sink water was not draining. ALL VALVES ARE OPEN OUTSIDE, I believe. We figured it was plugged and tried the cleaning system outside, and it drained great. Black tank went down a little, but gray tank said its still full? After doing dishes this morning, black tank is now full again and gray tank is also still full?
We are full time RV'ers, and figured I'd ask here before calling out an expensive plumber!!
It's a 2020 Jayco luxury 377RLBH
Is your kitchen sink in one of your slides I had that problem also. Discovered when the slide was out it pinched the drain pipe where is passed through the subfloor to the tank. Access hole was not large enough for the flex portion of the drain. Enlarged the hole and applied heat to the pipe (with hair dryer) and got it back to original shape. Drains now.
Larryjcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 01:35 PM   #28

Quote:
Dawn....
Well it worked for a while, it drained for at least 10 minutes. Now it's not draining at all again. ��
Like Jagiven said I would almost bet your tank cutout is in your tank
billcf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 02:14 PM   #29

Try this first...

Liliana, grease can be the culprit. Before expensive plumbers, try gravity, boiling hot water and patience. Especially double sinks, have long horizontal drain runs with very minimal drain slope. Pour boiling hot water repeatedly down both drains and wait. It is slowly seeps away with clearing the drains, repeat. You might also call "Barbs" That's an inexpensive plastic 28" plumbing wand with barbs on the working end. Gently massage it into the drains and work it around. Try to gently push it around and past the sink traps but don't be too aggressive. If unsuccessful, remove the traps and clean the and work "Barbs" into he pipe beyond the traps. Reassemble drain traps and repeat boiling water treatments. When successful, the partially filled sink of very hot water will suddenly gush down the drain and you won! With a little luck and "Barbs" andsome patience (a glass of wine on the patio helps.)
Hopefully this will work for you. It's helped me many times.
Its easy Breezy!

-Teddy

Quote:
Can someone please help! Last night My control panel said my Gray #2 tank is full and my black #1 tank is also full. Last night the sink water was not draining. ALL VALVES ARE OPEN OUTSIDE, I believe. We figured it was plugged and tried the cleaning system outside, and it drained great. Black tank went down a little, but gray tank said its still full? After doing dishes this morning, black tank is now full again and gray tank is also still full?
We are full time RV'ers, and figured I'd ask here before calling out an expensive plumber!!
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 02:17 PM   #30

Sorry, I meant to edit my post for errors before sending it off.
I hope you can translate my gibberish.
Good Luck
-Teddy
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 02:27 PM   #31

Quote:

stick around long enough and you will learn to ignore the sensors. Never leave the black tank open when on sewer. Open only to dump. When the toilet burps it's time to dump.

2011 Keystone Sprinter 323 BH
Cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 02:41 PM   #32

We’ve replaced the monitor panel twice so far in 8 years. It’s only two little plugs and both panels kept telling us both were full, which they weren’t. Our dealer keeps them in stock because they go bad quite often according to the service dept. After the first one went bad under warranty, I had the guys show me how to replace it. So the second time, I bought the new panel and took five minutes to change it out
Retired mountain folk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 09:14 PM   #33

Quote:
We are stationary at an RV park now, we live in our 2020 North Point, had it for about a year. The only problem is that the sink water is not draining outside, valve is open, but no water coming out! All other fluids will drain excpet the kitchen sink, I don't know where it is draining to!
We have a 2021 NP 382flrb, and our kitchen sink drains into the black tank.
Newfie54m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 09:35 AM   #34

Toilet paper

Quote:
Toilet does not seem full at all. It drains perfectly. So does the shower and bathroom sink. On the other hand sink is draining but it's not coming out outside? Weird right?
Sometimes toilet paper will stick to your sensors making them think the tank is full. Do you have a sprayer made to clean tank? That could help if it is toilet paper.
Is your sink on a slide out side? Hose could be getting pinched when slide is out. Bring slide in a see how things drain.
Hope some of these help.
m16303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 09:41 AM   #35

If the toilet farts, it’s way too late!
Hehe, sorry. Just had too!!
Old 08-27-2020, 01:59 PM   #36

We never do the black water. Just the grey. I use the out houses and bath houses for that one. That is too gross for me. Otherwise sounds like a back up somewhere. Good luck.
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 05:06 PM   #37

Backed up kitchen sink

Please tell me this is not the quality of a Jayco Motorhome. Flex pipe for kitchen sink is jammed in a space too tight and is kinked in half. Electrical wires run through flex hose instead of around it. No wonder the sink will not drain!
Attached Thumbnails
1F024C14-FA45-4BF1-8A07-D078DB343A1F.jpg   3A2EF3D8-9DE9-4293-9205-E2D8248FBD5E.jpg  
Old 08-28-2020, 09:25 AM   #38

I tried to post a reply but I don't know if it worked.

Look on Utube on how to clean out a sink J trap. If you find that it is clean then the blockage is further down the system.
PhilT0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 10:29 AM   #39

Cleaning out the J or P Trap

Looks like my longer post didn't work.
From the layout I see online your sink is on the island so it doesn't have flexible pipe below it. Most likely your pipes are clogged under the sink. You should remove the J or P trap from under the sink and clean it out. You may need to loosen the nuts under each sink bowl drain and where the whole assembly joins the back pipe. You may need a pipe wrench if the nuts are too tight.
Make sure you have a bucket and towel to catch water as you take it apart.
When you put it back together make sure you don't tighten the nuts too hard, just enough to prevent leaks. Check after you have driven in case you need to tighten a bit more.
Once the assembly if removed, if the clog is further down the system you can get a plumbing snake and get it in the back pipe much easier.
PhilT0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 06:07 PM   #40

Quite likely either the valve mentioned in Post #7 above, or debris mentioned in Post #18. I'd start with number 7 as it's far less invasive to check first.

Andy, Sherrie, Dixie, and Daisy
2020 Jayco 336FBOK Modern Farmhouse
2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 SRW Duramax 10 speed GM/ Allison
CURT Q20 on R20 Slider
AndyO is offline   Reply With Quote