Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-05-2021, 04:19 AM   #1

Drinking Water Issues

New full time 5th wheeler while building our house here! We purchased a 2021 North Point and love everything about it other than the lack of support from our dealer and a few minor issues that we are working out.

Our unit has the drinking water system that utilizes a water jug that is placed in the forward storage compartment and has a straw with a cap to draw the water. This is done by a smaller pump located on the roof of this compartment which has an on/off switch as well as another on/off switch located on the side of the side island. One issue is that the water coming out of the drinking water faucet located on the sink is slow and fluctuates pressure. The main issue with this system is that the refrigerator will not make ice (the ice maker switch inside the freezer door is on) or produce water from the door. The water that is produced can be compare to the amount that is discharged from a syringe and can take nearly 5 minutes to fill a cup. I have checked/removed/verified the water filter inside the fridge to make sure it's installed properly.

Anyone having the same or similar issues? Any ideas on how to fix this? The dealer wants the unit back at their facility to inspect the concern, but they are 9hours away....argh.
wickedrigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 05:11 AM   #2

Sorry to heard this. We have a 2021 Pinnacle and you definitely have an issue, as ours works well. The icemaker as well as the dispenser by the sink work well with good pressure. We don't have a through the door ice dispenser. I am wondering if you might have an obstruction or kink in your water line. Lots of horror stories here about folks finding construction debris in their water, black and gray water tanks and creating issues.
Old 10-05-2021, 07:46 AM   #3

I will look at all of the tubing from the jug in the forward storage area to the refrigerator. Thanks for the reply!
Old 10-05-2021, 08:35 AM   #4

We just purchased a 2022 North Point 310 RLTS and had a similar issue. I found two shutoffs that go to the water supply for the refrigerator. One was in the kitchen island behind an access panel. It was closed. The other one was under a drawer in the cabinet beside the stove.
jhogue46140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 09:12 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhogue46140 View Post
We just purchased a 2022 North Point 310 RLTS and had a similar issue. I found two shutoffs that go to the water supply for the refrigerator. One was in the kitchen island behind an access panel. It was closed. The other one was under a drawer in the cabinet beside the stove.
It is amazing that this information can't be provided by the dealer after spending nearly $100k with them. I will see if this is the concern when I return "home" tonight. Thank you so much!
Old 10-05-2021, 11:09 AM   #6

That is great, totally forgot about the shutoffs. Hopefully that is it, simple fix.
Old 10-05-2021, 02:30 PM   #7

If these valves in question were indeed closed, would any water be produced at all???
Old 10-05-2021, 02:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrigs View Post
If these valves in question were indeed closed, would any water be produced at all???
Maybe one or both are only partially closed. If they were both fully closed I agree there would be no water.
Shokyle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 07:45 AM   #9

Opened up the door under the sink, no valve. Pulled out the drawers to the left of the sink and found it. The other valve was behind a divider to the left of the stove. Both valves were open.

Still no water out of the fridge. This forum has gotten me farther than the dealer or calling direct to Jayco so hopefully someone has a bit more insight. Fingers crossed.
Old 10-06-2021, 10:52 AM   #10

And just to confirm, the pump is running and makes noise? lol It is not loud to me but some folks find it obnoxious. With the Switch on, anytime we turn on the drinking water spigot, it comes on almost immediately
Old 10-06-2021, 12:01 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
And just to confirm, the pump is running and makes noise? lol It is not loud to me but some folks find it obnoxious. With the Switch on, anytime we turn on the drinking water spigot, it comes on almost immediately
The pump located in the forward storage compartment is coming on and noticeable when the spigot lever is depressed. I also noticed that there in another pump that is to be turned on with the LCD panel by pressing the number 4 button along the bottom of the panel. Not sure if this is only for dry camping (when not connected to city water).

Not sure where to go from here?
Old 10-06-2021, 12:40 PM   #12

Our 2021 which should be almost like yours only has one pump switch. To the left of the sink outside the cabinet.red switch And you can't miss the noise. I think our pump is hiding behind the panel on the left side cabinet From the sink. Never heard of 2 pumps or one by the water. bottle storage.
Old 10-06-2021, 12:43 PM   #13

The other pump you talk about is the fresh water tank and only used if using that tank, as you indicated dry camping.
Old 10-06-2021, 03:21 PM   #14

Quote:
The other pump you talk about is the fresh water tank and only used if using that tank, as you indicated dry camping.
I am attaching 3 pictures for you. One of the basement or forward storage compartment, and the water tank and hose. There is no pump there. Second and third ones are the drinking water Red pump switch on the kitchen island. the pump is hiding underneath left side of island. Sorry for the crooked pictures, have yet to figure why they sometimes turn out ok, and sometimes not.
Attached Thumbnails
20211006_170000[1].jpg   20211006_165911[1].jpg   20211006_165908[1].jpg  
Old 10-06-2021, 04:45 PM   #15

Quote:
Our 2021 which should be almost like yours only has one pump switch. To the left of the sink outside the cabinet.red switch And you can't miss the noise. I think our pump is hiding behind the panel on the left side cabinet From the sink. Never heard of 2 pumps or one by the water. bottle storage.
In my 2021 North Point, the pump for the drinking water system is located in the basement next to the pump for the whole house water system. The pumps are identical. My buddy has the 2020 model, also a 377, his drinking water pump is mounted under the sink and is powered by a plug-in power brick.

I much prefer the setup in mine. The pump is MUCH quieter in the basement plus it works on battery power. If my buddy's not on shore power no drinking water and no ice maker.

Maybe your Pinnacle was built before they made the change?
2019 Jayco Jayflight 28RLS (New York)
The latest government survey finds that 3 out of 4 people account for 75% of the total population.
JB13502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 05:15 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB13502 View Post
In my 2021 North Point, the pump for the drinking water system is located in the basement next to the pump for the whole house water system. The pumps are identical. My buddy has the 2020 model, also a 377, his drinking water pump is mounted under the sink and is powered by a plug-in power brick.

I much prefer the setup in mine. The pump is MUCH quieter in the basement plus it works on battery power. If my buddy's not on shore power no drinking water and no ice maker.

Maybe your Pinnacle was built before they made the change?
May have been, interesting. I hear my pump, but never obnoxious, and it only runs when you request it. The icemaker stays full, so it seldom makes a request.
Old 10-09-2021, 12:10 PM   #17

2021 36FBTS, The fresh drinking water pump and the main water pump are different on my rig. The dispensing rate on the bottled water pump is definitely not the fastest. it is a different type of pump also, more like a Wankel engine than an impeller pump. also remember that the line is only 1\4 inch, so volume is limited by the size of the line. it takes a few minutes to fill the coffee maker. I have no problem with water to the refrigerator, and the in door ice dispenser works great. the pump is a little noisy, but i made it quieter by installing a few loops of neoprene lime to act as an accumulator. can you access the back of the fridge to isolate the line and make sure you do in fact have water there?
BigDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 02:50 PM   #18

If I had to make a recommendation, ensure you don’t have any leaks, meaning, make sure all connections are tight and not “sucking air” out of a leaking or not tight fitting.
Old 10-09-2021, 03:52 PM   #19

We have 2021 Pinnacle and the fresh water tap at the sink is a bit slow it is consistent. The ice maker works well and starts making ice after about 1.5 hours.
MattS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 04:40 PM   #20

I too have the North Point and put a safety shutoff on the line. If you'll pull out the drawer below the stove you'll have access to the lines. If you remove the back vent on top of the stove you can reach down and access the valve. I'd check those first.

2017 Jayco North Point 138.
DallasMike is offline   Reply With Quote