Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-03-2016, 10:58 AM   #1

Driver's side slide

We have a 351 RLTS 2012 Eagle Jayco. The slider on the driver's side is having trouble coming in. It stops before it is half way in, and if you let off on the button then it starts again and then stops again till it is in. It goes out great only when coming in does this happen. Tried a new motor but it did not fix the problem. Has anyone had this problem?
egghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 11:33 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by egghead View Post
We have a 351 RLTS 2012 Eagle Jayco. The slider on the driver's side is having trouble coming in. It stops before it is half way in, and if you let off on the button then it starts again and then stops again till it is in. It goes out great only when coming in does this happen. Tried a new motor but it did not fix the problem. Has anyone had this problem?
Yes it happens to us a lot, goes to shop tomorrow.
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 12:06 PM   #3
Site Team

We have the same rig in a 2011. No problems since we tightened the bolts that connect the gear motor to the slide mechanism. The seals including the bottom should be wiped down with a clear silicone spray.

I posted a thread with pictures on here a few years back. http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f1...m-21572-2.html
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 06:39 AM   #4

Fuse?

Do you hear a clicking sound coming from the fuse box when it stops? I've had multiple problems with my door side slide on my 2015 323LKTS. After months of it not operating properly, and not extending all the way, I finally got Jayco to bring in the manufacturer, Lippert. They immediately resolved the problem by shimming the receiving tube so the slide would not repeatedly jump a gear. But before the fix, when the slide was not moving easily, the fuse kept blowing. There would be a click, then about 15 seconds for the fuse to reset, and then it would work until the fuse blew again. I believe it was the result of the slide not moving as intended, it had a crimp, so to speak, which resulted in blowing the fuse. If Jayco can't fix it, don't wind up taking it back to the dealer 9 times like I did. Request Lippert look at it asap.
Old 05-05-2016, 01:17 PM   #5

Thank You

We got a hold of Lippert and going to set up app. with them.
Old 05-06-2016, 05:31 AM   #6

I'm not saying you don't have an adjustment or other problem, but remember auto resetting breakers wear out. They will trip at less and less amperage as they age. Are you sure you have a mechanical issue or just a tired breaker? Breakers are cheap and easy to replace.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 05:40 AM   #7

slide out

We are going to look into everything.Thank you.