Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-14-2016, 04:38 PM   #1

Eagle 28.5 RSTS HT Fresh Water Drain Location

Can anyone with an Eagle 28.5RSTS HT tell me where the fresh water tank drain valve is located? I have two locations that are labeled as low water drains on this FW. One is located right next to the sewer hookup (drivers side) and the other is located on the opposite side (passangers) back toward the back of the trailer. I opened the drain on the back and got nothing. I assume that drain is to drain any water out of the lines. I didn't have any valves open on the inside of the FW at the time, so I wasn't too surprised that no water came out there.

But..........at the other low water drain location I can not find a drain valve in that area. I crawled all under there this morning and found no drain valve. I'm beginning to wonder if the valve got covered up with the underbelly cover and can't be seen or used.

It will be winterizing time here in East Texas soon, I will be needing to drain that tank soon.
Tommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 06:10 PM   #2

On mine the rear low point drain is the fresh water tank drain, the other one is inside the basement behind the wall access panel 2 pop up drains
sobuck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 10:49 AM   #3

same here on our 27.5 rlts
one by pass side rear bumper and the other just inside the basement area behind the panel. there is actually a little access panel on ours that says low point and two screws to remove the 8*8 panel. As mentioned pull up on those. I am unsure what it drains but it does appear to be hot and cold lines so perhaps the plumbing lines and water heater, where as the one the rear is just one and suspect it is for the fresh water tank as the overflow line is back there as well
barryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 11:11 AM   #4

Thanks for the help! I'll check out the basement for that panel tomorrow. I'm curious why no water drained out of the back valve when I opened it the other day. I didn't need to have any other valves open on my previous TT for the fresh water tank to drain completely. I'll give it another try and see what happens.
Tommie is offline   Reply With Quote