Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-29-2011, 07:54 AM   #1

Eagle 31.5FBHS

After looking and waiting for several months, Kitty and I are now ready to take the plunge and order a 5th-wheel. I say order because, I want the Reese Revolution Pin Box as I have a short box truck. For some reason, Dealers don't stock them. (Yes, I know, one can add it aftermarket, however, that voids the Jayco warranty) Now for my question.

Kitty and I have no experience with 5th wheels, and we want to get it right up front. What accesories do I want to request when I order, and/or have put on at the dealer before I take delivery? What accesories do you wish you had got with yours? Electric stablizers all around? etc:

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Shorty & Kitty

Shorty Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:34 AM   #2

I dont even know if they are made,but one more set of electric stabilizers at the front of the axles.Maybe an auto-leveler, definitely the slide awnings that roll out when you extend the slides(when ours goes in for the inspection-sticker adding them) .I get on a ladder with a leafblower now before retracting.

poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:34 PM   #3

I ordered my trailer with the Reese Revolution and it works great. Prob have over 4k on it towing last year and it worked perfect.
The only prob was my unit was shipped to the dealer and the pin-box was still pined solid. No big deal but I had to point it out to the tech in the walk around. He had no clue what I was talking about till I showed him how it works. The tech even said try it the way it is and we can change it later if you like. I told him; I ordered it to use it ,so he best change it now.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:05 PM   #4

I don't know what you have for a truck but a 3/4 ton might need air bags to sit level.

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:29 AM   #5

Well, thanks to those that have answered. Kitty tells me I want to go to the dealership this Saturday to order the bunk house. What Kitty tells me I want to do I usually do. You guys know how that is. I will include the slide awnings and check on the elect stablizers on my list. Kitty wants a combo washer/dryer. I want a Sat dish.

Any other suggestions? I know you guys with new RV's got home and said to yourself. " I wish I had got "such in such"." That "such in such" is what I want to know now. Please.

Shorty
Old 01-04-2012, 08:40 AM   #6

Is this the Superlite? That is the only 31.5 i am aware of.

Here is my list:

Black tank flush
15K BTU A/C
Stabilizer Bars ( i think this might void warranty so this might have to be done after your warranty)
vent covers on roof vents

We have a friend that pulls his superlite with a 3/4 ton gas burner and no issue.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:14 AM   #7

I bought a 2011 31.5 FBHS and sold it last fall and am in the process of ordering another. One thing I am doing on the next on is putting 16" wheels on it. I also upgraded the air to 15K btu and also did the upgrade package with the nicer countertops and larger fridge. We looked for a long time and bought the 31.5fbhs and never regretted it, just gonna make a few upgrades to the one we order this year. Take care.....Mark
Horses Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:46 AM   #8

I upgraded to 16" wheels on mine as well (so i could get a load range E tire)
Old 01-05-2012, 07:47 AM   #9

Once again, thanks to all.

Horses Ghost, The 15k btu AC is on our list. I wondered about the 16" wheels. Kitty did not think she needed the solid counter tops for the extra cost, but we just may go with the Deluxe Package. We also think we want the cargo tray/bike rack. I also want a rear ladder. On the one you had, did you install a washer/dryer combo unit, and if so, where did you place it?

FYI, the reason Kitty and I would like to get this thing right the first time is, We use it to take the grandkids for a week long camping vacation once per year. (hence bunkhouse) For a couple of them, it is the only vacation they get or know. Due to Kitty and my age, this will be the last camper we will every buy.

Thanks everyone

Shorty
Old 01-05-2012, 09:20 AM   #10

Remote option
15K BTU A/C
no slide toppers. More negatives than positives IMHO.
rear ladder.
Rear tray.
Deluxe interior package.(use to include bed, cabinets, lights, countertops, elec fan openers and some other stuff)
Electric jacks.
Keyless door option has gotten some high marks lately. (not an option for us in 11) Ask the forum on this one.
Mor Ryde king pin or something to absorb road conditions other than stock. Had stock for 3 months due to not knowing what I wanted and it is night and day.
Get everything you want before you sign the order so you can negotiate the pricing. Coming back you will pay full blown retail and install hours not to mention the time lost camping.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote