Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-30-2015, 08:59 PM   #1

Eagle 317RLOK ?

Hi I have ordered the 2016 model 317rlok but have not seen any posts on it yet!
Anyone take delivery on one yet ?
Lanced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 12:37 PM   #2

Is your trailer a fifth wheel or a TT? I don't recognize the model number.
Queen Creek, Arizona
tularockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 01:31 PM   #3

It is a fifth wheel new revised model first showing was at the Hershey RV show
Rear living area opposing slides and bed slide
Old 12-02-2015, 09:34 AM   #4

Looks like a beautiful unit. I'm sure you'll love it.
tularockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 03:02 PM   #5

Getting ready to order one as a matter of fact. Any issues or pointers yet? We're going to try to put a 5th Airborne Premium 5th Wheel Air Ride King Pin w/ Sidewinder on after it gets to the dealer if it works out. No one at Jayco can tell me the standard Lippert that comes on it to tell if the Airborne is even compatible. Any ideas? I know most people do a dealer upgrade option to the Morryde rubber pin box so its hard to figure it out.

Thanks!
Inthewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 10:59 PM   #6

We have one ordered. Build date is March 19th.
Hiteco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 11:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiteco View Post
We have one ordered. Build date is March 19th.
Congratulations and welcome to the JOF.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 12:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inthewind View Post
Getting ready to order one as a matter of fact. Any issues or pointers yet? We're going to try to put a 5th Airborne Premium 5th Wheel Air Ride King Pin w/ Sidewinder on after it gets to the dealer if it works out. No one at Jayco can tell me the standard Lippert that comes on it to tell if the Airborne is even compatible. Any ideas? I know most people do a dealer upgrade option to the Morryde rubber pin box so its hard to figure it out.

Thanks!
We ordered the Moryde pin box for the unit also am using a pull rite 16 k super glide hitch.Towed approx. 200 miles home from the dealer,primarily interstate reds. towed great ! No chucking or unusual noises.Few annoying items, noticed after getting home,like the radio playing static,(believe it's an antenna disconnected) batteries not tied down properly in compartment,addressing these issues now,let all know how that goes.Will probably not go on a shake down run for about a month,were in Western Pa.
One suggestion I do have is to order the wireless camera system,worked great in being able to see if someone is up on your rear,also has a sound feature for your backer to communicate
In general so far happy with the choice good luck to you.post when you get it!
Old 02-26-2016, 04:00 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanced View Post
We ordered the Moryde pin box for the unit also am using a pull rite 16 k super glide hitch.Towed approx. 200 miles home from the dealer,primarily interstate reds. towed great ! No chucking or unusual noises.Few annoying items, noticed after getting home,like the radio playing static,(believe it's an antenna disconnected) batteries not tied down properly in compartment,addressing these issues now,let all know how that goes.Will probably not go on a shake down run for about a month,were in Western Pa.
One suggestion I do have is to order the wireless camera system,worked great in being able to see if someone is up on your rear,also has a sound feature for your backer to communicate
In general so far happy with the choice good luck to you.post when you get it!
Thanks Lanced! We will keep those comments in mind! Anything I can glean as a newbie is going to be great.

So, I finally got word that the standard pin box that comes with the 317RLOK is the Lippert 1621, or LPBX1621. This is good news because now I know the 5th Airborne Premium 5th Wheel Air Ride King Pin w/ Sidewinder and Turret - 16,000# RP61422 is going to work! Now to make sure it's compatible with the B&W Companion OEM 5th Wheel Hitch for Ram Towing Prep Package - Dual Jaw - 25,000# BWRVK3600. I'm adding the model numbers in case anyone else needs them! The people at etrailer dot com are being a great help in this endeavor, so I have to give them props. Prices are pretty good too!
Inthewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 08:19 AM   #10

We just order our 317RLOK about 4 week ago can't wait for to get here . I also had them add the Moryde pin box , our old 5TH wheel had the standard pin box on it and it's not very smooth on the road I hope this will be an improvement .
JohnT1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 07:38 AM   #11

Hi We take delivery of our Eagle 317 RLOK on March 8TH. It is the Meadow color scheme. It comes with the Customer value package, Luxury package, 12 cu ft Fridge and Outside Grill. This was one of the last RV'S we looked at when we were at the RV show. Since the show we had concerns because it was at the show and all the people that had been in it. Called General Rv Wixom, Mi. They said come on in and spend as much time in it as you want. We spent a few hours in it. It still has that WOW effect when you walk in. Compared to the 2 year old unit we have now the Design, Quality and Workmanship of this Jayco is so much better.
Jayco Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 06:56 PM   #12

We picked up our new 317RLOK on 3/3/16. Have not camped in it yet but look forward to it.
georgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 07:11 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeorge View Post
We picked up our new 317RLOK on 3/3/16. Have not camped in it yet but look forward to it.
Congratulations on your new trailer and welcome to the JOF.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 07:24 PM   #14

Hi,guys
Took delivery of ours 2 weeks ago,towed it home from dealer in eastern Pa to western part of Pa.approx. 200 mi. ,towed great! Been sitting in driveway since then,gives us time to get things set up and looking to get out on a few local shake down trips in April.Nothing major with unit yet just a few small annoying things to re do. Good luck with yours and be safe!
Old 03-14-2016, 07:41 PM   #15

Oh, and here's a tip if you are considering adding solar to the roof. They put our charge controller template just above and to the right of the light switches and thermostat. Turns out that after I cut the hole, it was directly over a wall stud. I actually had to notch out half way through the stud to have enough depth for the controller. And the connections on the controller are on the right end of the controller, but the wires were in the wall on the left of the stud so I had to notch enough depth to also run the wires to the other side of the stud. If I had known what I know now, I would have moved the template directly above the switches and thermostat it would have made life much easier.
Old 03-14-2016, 07:54 PM   #16

Hi Have had ours for 2 weeks now.Just getting things set up waiting for weather to break.Most campgrounds in Western Pa. don't open until April 1st. Looking forward to it. Good luck with yours and be safe!
Old 03-17-2016, 01:00 AM   #17

Hey georgeorge , Where did you get the stripe on your truck at ? They look really good me and the wife was talking about doing something like that to ours . Very cool . we haven't got a chance to pick up our 317RLOK yet hasn't come in we are excited .
JohnT1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 08:21 AM   #18

Decals were bought online and I installed them myself. They were bought from www.decalshoppe.com and they are called 'Jumbo Ranch Graphics'. You get to choose what colors you want each of the stripes to be. I chose colors which actually matched our last camper, but the look good with this one as well even though the colors don't match as well.