Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-02-2012, 07:35 PM   #1

Eagle 321 RLTS information

Looking for owners of an Eagle 321 RLTS and any input they have, good or bad. Plan on purchasing one in the next few months and wanting any pros or cons on this 5th wheel. Thanks to those who respond.
LA Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:52 PM   #2
Site Team

The 321RLTS fp has been discontinued. We looked at one in 2011 and decided on the 351RLTS. The only difference is more room in the kitchen area and we got a king bed slide. Not much difference in the specs on tongue wt etc.

Ours tows like a dream and we love the fp, the only turn off for us was the tight space between the bed and bath sliding door.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:15 AM   #3

we have had ours now 18 months and have no regrets getting this model.Almost got the style with the "booth" style dining but got the best deal on one with table & chairs, a good thing.Tall ceiling in living area gives a fealing of a much larger RV.
I am 6'1 and have no trouble walking around the bed .Dont bump my head.If we were full time the bedroom might be a tad small but for our trips nonissue.
Tows great.Follows truck true & I use a gooseneck hitch. .Plenty of storage.
We have the "polar pakage"(insulation) and the 2nd ac.A must here in Tx.Also the blinds have the sun block thing so you can see out during the day but cut the heat comeing in,might be standard dont know.
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:18 AM   #4

We love ours...

We have the FP with the ledgestone floor to ceiling as one of several options we ordered. I liked this look and the 40" TV is mounted over the FP mantle with 3 downspot type lights. The fireplace actually does a good job heating the unit.

Kitchen is just right for us plenty of room. Bathroom has a great shower space, we changed the shower head and hose, and I reversed and rehung the bath entry door (it now swings out towards the BR door) which makes the bath seem much larger with easier access to the linen closet. The front BR closet is a walk in and we like the great space. I agree it is a little tight between the bed and the bath wall and sliding door. I'm a big fella and yet it works for me and get around just fine. I have to make that corner of the bed at the head as my wife can't quite reach it. Before I installed a sleep number mattress she just slid the mattress towards the dresser a few inches to make that corner which worked fine.

I am very pleased with the length and the weight. We like to really camp in non resort type places some of the time and we felt the longer Jayco floor plans just would not work as well. Driving with the Jayco in tow over the road and through the mountains I have to remind myself I'm pulling the darn thing. Very well behaved and tracks just like it should.

I like the water mangement system, the exterior storage spaces, the keyless entry, the polar package (which really works great by the way). The remote control for the lights, awning and slides is a nice feature....when it works...which depends on where you are standing outside the unit.

I wish it had E series tires....but so far so good. Got ours in October last year. Normal small dealer repairs on a couple of things but we have taken 2 trips to Florida and several through the mountains. No major problems and I would give Jayco a 9.5 out of 10 on the unit itself.

Hope this helps.

Doug
2012 Eagle 321 RLTS with MOR/ryde pin box
Down the Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:40 PM   #5

Thanks to everyone who replied. I have my eye on a 2012 as the new color on the 2013 have not grown on me. I agree with you "pooh bear", the polar insulation and 2nd AC is a must here in Louisiana. This one has it along with the dual pane windows. Has the fireplace that goes floor to ceiling with TV mounted above it. Only thing it does not have that I would order on one is keyless entry and bike/cargo rack. Looking to pull the trigger in a couple of weeks as long as it is on the dealer's lot. If not, will order a 2013. Will be putting the airbags on my the truck in the next couple of days and companion
5th wheel hitch by B&W. Any other input from other owners will be appreciated. Considered the 351 RLTS but it is 3 feet longer than the 321 RLTS which will work better for me.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:58 AM   #6

I bought mine 321 RLTS about a year ago, Love it. Espically the second a/c. Nothing but good things to say about it.
2012 Dodge 3500
US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population
rthibodaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:33 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rthibodaux View Post
I bought mine 321 RLTS about a year ago, Love it. Espically the second a/c. Nothing but good things to say about it.
X2

2019 Airstream Flying Cloud 27FB
2012 321RLTS Eagle (sold)
2011 F350 CC SB
dzwiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:01 PM   #8

Airbags went on truck today and B&W Companion hitch assembled and ready to go. Only thing missing is the Jayco 5th wheel!!
Old 07-06-2012, 07:58 AM   #9
Site Team

We got the 351 but were so close on a 321. If they would have taken our old unit in trade we would have one now.
Gator roll-up bed cover
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Old 11-17-2013, 06:40 AM   #10

If anyone has a fireplace in their 321 RLTS what brand and model is it? I am looking to add a fireplace to mine.
Divecontom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:43 PM   #11
Site Team

Mine is a Dimplex. So far, no complaints.
Gator roll-up bed cover