Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-05-2022, 08:59 AM   #1

Eagle 335RDOK Residential Refrigerator

Hello! We have a 2022 335RDOK we love, but the residential refrigerator (Whirlpool 4 door) moves around a lot when traveling and has broken the trim above it. I'm getting a claim in to get it repaired but looking to see if anyone has a solution for really securing these refrigerators in the large driver side slide?
russguaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 10:29 AM   #2

Mine does the same thing. I called my dealer and was told to stop by and they'll tighten down the support clips so it won't move. I'm not certain what he was talking about but I've got plans to take it over in a few weeks. I can let you know more info later and the result.
PullRite #4452 OE Adapter & #2700 SuperGlide Hitch
Stan&Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 10:42 AM   #3

Our residential had an angle bracket attached at the top behind the wood trim. I wonder if they forgot to install one on your rig.
Old 07-05-2022, 10:56 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Our residential had an angle bracket attached at the top behind the wood trim. I wonder if they forgot to install one on your rig.
They didn't put a bracket anywhere on the top side of the refrigerator, and I can't say that I've seen one on any of the 2022 models I've been in. But this certainly seems like a logical place for one! Thank you!!
Old 07-05-2022, 11:00 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan&Sharon View Post
Mine does the same thing. I called my dealer and was told to stop by and they'll tighten down the support clips so it won't move. I'm not certain what he was talking about but I've got plans to take it over in a few weeks. I can let you know more info later and the result.
I took a quick look trying to find support brackets, couldn't see anything obvious but I didn't try too hard yet. I'll get down there and see what I can find, if I can fix it myself I'd rather because it will be done right. Not that I don't trust my dealer, but.....
Old 07-05-2022, 03:31 PM   #6

Could you send a pic of the bracket? thanks in advance
I just purchased a 2022 335RDOK
thanks
Leroy
leroyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 07:44 AM   #7

I've discovered that the residential refrigerator in the 2022 Eagle models sits on a wood riser in the space and is attached to the riser somewhat solidly, but the riser isn't attached to the slide floor or the walls allowing the refrigerator to move and bounce at will. I added a few brackets and supports, but the damage to the trim around the fridge is pretty severe and awaiting warranty repair. Our dealer did almost nothing to prevent this when I took it to them the first time.
Old 10-14-2022, 11:15 AM   #8

Followup - dealer wanted appointment and due to our travel plans, first available to fix this is April 2023. I made the appointment but few days ago I did the repair. (see photo) The factory bracket is on the top of the refrigerator, it is supposed to be GLUED to the refrigerator and the bracket has two screws into the slide. Well, their glue didn't hold so in April I'm hoping to claim warranty repair for the door. My four brackets along the bottom look like they will hold better than their glue anyway.
Attached Thumbnails
FrigeHolders.jpg  
PullRite #4452 OE Adapter & #2700 SuperGlide Hitch
Stan&Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 11:21 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan&Sharon View Post
Followup - dealer wanted appointment and due to our travel plans, first available to fix this is April 2023. I made the appointment but few days ago I did the repair. (see photo) The factory bracket is on the top of the refrigerator, it is supposed to be GLUED to the refrigerator and the bracket has two screws into the slide. Well, their glue didn't hold so in April I'm hoping to claim warranty repair for the door. My four brackets along the bottom look like they will hold better than their glue anyway.
My fix is similar, but I also had to secure the wood platform the fridge is sitting on to the floor, that whole thing would rock forward and back. It's in there solid now though! Thanks for sharing the picture!