Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-19-2019, 02:25 PM   #1

Question Eagle 336FBOK and Cats

Can anyone tell me if you can access the “basement” storage compartment from inside the 336 FBOK? We are seriously looking at this 5th wheel but remaining question is will work full timing with our cats? Looking to put the litter box below or if other solution.
Nasonjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 04:41 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasonjd View Post
Can anyone tell me if you can access the “basement” storage compartment from inside the 336 FBOK? We are seriously looking at this 5th wheel but remaining question is will work full timing with our cats? Looking to put the litter box below or if other solution.
I know with our Pinnacle and former North Point that there is no access to the basement area from inside. Never have seen a fifth wheel with that type of access. We have a cat and are full time and do not have an issue with the litter box.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 04:46 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. The Grand Design Fifth Wheel with similar floor plan does and we looked at so many, I could not remember.
Nasonjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 08:11 PM   #4

Had a friend that traveled with a cat and was able to install a cat door in one of the stair risers and have the litter box in the basement. They also put screens the basement door so the cat could could see out. This was on a Arctic Fox 5th wheel.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:51 PM   #5

Anything is possible with a Sawzall!! ��. Someone here on the forum turned their outdoor kitchen into a litter box and was indeed accessed via one of the stair treads.
Pchansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:12 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
I know with our Pinnacle and former North Point that there is no access to the basement area from inside. Never have seen a fifth wheel with that type of access. We have a cat and are full time and do not have an issue with the litter box.
Where do you stash the litter box in the Pinnacle ? We have a Cat too and the only place I could come up with is in the bedroom closet.

Quote: Ever notice how "What the Hell" is always the right answer?
maejoicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 10:07 AM   #7

Quote:

Dont you have a vent in one of the stair risers? That's where ours vents to the "Pit of Dispair" - the mechanical compartment behind the basement storage bulkhead. It's how the basement is passively heated and cooled. We thought of that too, taking a queue from cat owners on other forums with other brands of RV's. In our case however the entire compartment would have to be re-plumbed and re-wired, it's such a mess in there.

The litter for our four cats hides in plain sight. Joan found a cabinet for a large litter box that doubles as a coffee table and the wood finish coincidentally matches our interior. It has two swing open doors on the long side that gives access to the litter tray and a compartment for spare litter and related cleaning supplies. There's a small open door on the end for the cats to enter. With that traffic of course there is a lot of sweeping to do but that's where the InterVac vacuum door at the bottom of the stairs comes in handy. The ottoman that was in that spot was relocated to the foot of the bed upstairs.
Attached Thumbnails
litter_1.jpg   litter_2.jpg  
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 10:18 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan617 View Post
Dont you have a vent in one of the stair risers? That's where ours vents to the "Pit of Dispair" - the mechanical compartment behind the basement storage bulkhead. It's how the basement is passively heated and cooled. We thought of that too, taking a queue from cat owners on other forums with other brands of RV's. In our case however the entire compartment would have to be re-plumbed and re-wired, it's such a mess in there.
Nice "mod" Angus!! I thought that vent in the stair riser was the air return for the furnace. Wouldn't want our cat sucked into the furnace
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 11:10 AM   #9

Quote:
Nice "mod" Angus!! I thought that vent in the stair riser was the air return for the furnace. Wouldn't want our cat sucked into the furnace
Actually I think It is a return as well, now that you mention it. Last time I was in there I noticed some open air ducts that I think now must be returns. So the compartment is something of a plenum. That way we can all efficiently recirculate the construction sawdust Jayco left in there.
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 01:24 PM   #10
Site Team

In our TT, we've always kept the litter box in the bathtub except for, of course, when we're using it. The high sides of the tub help keep litter that escapes the box contained and easy to sweep up. I put the stopper in the drain to keep litter from getting into the waste system. The litter box has a tendency to slide around inside the tub so we put some of that anti-skid stuff we line our cabinets and the drawers with underneath the box to help prevent movement.

TV: 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD | Crew Cab | Std. Box | 4WD | Duramax/Allison
RV: 2000 Jayco Eagle 266 | FBS | TT
PREVIOUS: 1986 Coleman Laramie pop-up -- Still in the family!!!

FPM III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 01:37 PM   #11
Site Team

Another kitty idea for you is concerning the scratching post. We have one that's flat and attached it to the support leg of our dinette table using some zip ties. Whenever Purrscilla comes inside the TT (whether on her own power or we carry her in) the first thing she does is go over to the scratching post and give it a little workout. The second is to go into the bathroom, check for the litter box and sometimes, even tries it out.

TV: 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD | Crew Cab | Std. Box | 4WD | Duramax/Allison
RV: 2000 Jayco Eagle 266 | FBS | TT
PREVIOUS: 1986 Coleman Laramie pop-up -- Still in the family!!!

FPM III is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cats, litter box