Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-17-2021, 04:59 PM   #1

Eagle 355 Mid-Bunk Adjustment

Have any of you ever tried and successfully adjusted the travel and/or shift of your 355 mid-bunk? Mine appears to be slightly over to one side and also doesn't completely all the way extended. Might be 3/4" off on one side and 1/2-5/8" on the other. It comes in and seals, then get the clutch/gear pop. I though maybe extending, then jacking slide up off rails enough to get off the spline, then manually pushing out all the way? Trying to get some ideas. It may have been like this since new, but it's something I know isn't exactly right, so I'd like to try to make it seal better. Thanks in advance!
ShotgunZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 09:15 AM   #2

Any thoughts from anyone? Perhaps lifting the slide just enough to seperate the gear from the track and move it, then lower back on? May have to adjust the stop after that, but the travel distance should remain, I'd think.
Old 11-25-2021, 06:54 AM   #3

I made some adjustments to the slide and was able to get it to seal much better in the out position. It's still not perfectly centered, but it could have always been like that and I never noticed. Also, the graphics don't always match perfectly when the slide is closed correctly. Your "stripes" may be 1/8"-1/4" off from alignment. Only thing now is getting the top to close flush against the side as it does it's "lift" of the floor upon full closure.

All-in-all, it is much better than before. I'm certain a professional RV mechanic would get it better, but it's okay for now. Still open for ideas or suggestions if anyone has any experience adjusting these rack and pinion slides.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to the JOF members!