Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-15-2022, 12:28 PM   #1

Eagle fender skirts

My fender skirts over the wheels are cracked....
Contacted Jayco while I was under warranty and got the run around...also with our dealer. Now I'm out of warranty I ordered them and had them in a week lol.
Anyhow enuf rant...the new ones need a washer behind them maybe 3/16" to 1/4" thick. The factory installs without them and it pulls the plastic enough to start the cracking. Just a FYI post.
Pullrite Superglide.
Mikayles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 12:48 PM   #2

Great info. Very helpful as a preventative measure.
Old 01-15-2022, 05:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikayles View Post
My fender skirts over the wheels are cracked....
Contacted Jayco while I was under warranty and got the run around...also with our dealer. Now I'm out of warranty I ordered them and had them in a week lol.
Anyhow enuf rant...the new ones need a washer behind them maybe 3/16" to 1/4" thick. The factory installs without them and it pulls the plastic enough to start the cracking. Just a FYI post.
Mine started cracking around the two center fastener locations about 8 months after purchase. I had trailer in for a service after i discovered the cracking and had it on my bullet list for dealer to check. Dealer never addressed it. Early last spring i took both skirts off and reinforced each fastener location on the back side with fiber glass and filled in the cracks on the outside with color matched resin. I looked at purchasing new, but they are pretty pricey. Crossing my fingers my reinforcement job will last awhile. If anyone out there plans to do the same, make sure to scuff of with rough sandpaper then rub down the
area with Acetone before applying fiberglass. Otherwise the fiberglas will not stick.
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 06:04 PM   #4
Site Team

I can see one of mine flapping in the middle in my rear view mirror. There is a metal support there but I can't figure out how to attach it to the fender. The other side does not flap.

Thanks, your post reminded ne that I have to resolve this by next week when we hit the road for Fl.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 06:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
I can see one of mine flapping in the middle in my rear view mirror. There is a metal support there but I can't figure out how to attach it to the fender. The other side does not flap.

Thanks, your post reminded ne that I have to resolve this by next week when we hit the road for Fl.
Same here.. I scratched my head on the metal support not attached as well. I wrote it off as a factly goof but sounds like they are all like that.. Hmmm. i really don't see its purpose.
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote