Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-27-2015, 08:19 PM   #31
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Chandler
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJP207 View Post
Camping world is telling me the Pin Weight on the 2016 27.5 RLST is 1525, guess I'll have to contact Jayco, where did you get your information?
Jayco's web site, under the 2016 Eagle HT listings. 1525 is the DRY pin wt. Don't know about you, but I carry stuff with me when I camp. Food, water, clothes, dishes... All that adds to the load on both the axles and pin.

Lyle
__________________

LAKnox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 10:16 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Renfrew
Posts: 137
FYI dry weights in brochure is always low. If you are using those numbers and are at all close expect to be over when you actually weigh the unit.
__________________

__________________

2015 F350 XLT SRW 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4
Reese Elite 18k
2015 Eagle HT 29.5BHDS
Ont Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 06:23 AM   #33
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Burlington
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKnox View Post
Jayco's web site, under the 2016 Eagle HT listings. 1525 is the DRY pin wt. Don't know about you, but I carry stuff with me when I camp. Food, water, clothes, dishes... All that adds to the load on both the axles and pin.

Lyle
Ok, built the following on shop.ford.com

Ford SuperCrew
6-1/2' bed
4X4 Drive
3.5L V6 EcoBoost® Engine
3.73 Electronic Locking Axle Ratio
6-Speed Automatic Transmission
Max. When Properly Equipped
Payload: 2,650 lbs Towing: 11,500 lbs

My dealer, who I have been with a long time, says the ECOBoost is a better haul unit then the Ford 250 described below with 3100 Payload and 12,100 Towing.

SuperCrew Super Duty F250
6-3/4' Bed
4X4 Drive
6.2L 2 Valve Flex Fuel V8 Gas Engine
Wheelbase: 156"
Rear Wheel Options: SRW
3.73 Electronic Locking Axle Ratio
TorqShift® 6-Speed SelectShift Automatic® O/D w/6.2L
Max. When Properly Equipped
Payload: 3,100 lbs Towing: 12,100 lbs

I would be hauling a 27.5 RLST Jayco, 8130 lbs., (from the yellow sticker on the unit after manufacture) plus cargo of 1800 lbs so around 10,000 lbs.

So what do you think? Super Duty or ECOboost.

LAKNOX, Flapper, or whomever-what is the payload and stats for your Ecoboost
AJP207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 01:21 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
RSerendipity's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Huntingdon Valley
Posts: 173
Something to remember, there are big differences between the F150 & F-250. Stronger Frame, Heavier Suspension components, Stronger Drive shafts, Stronger Axles, etc. on the F250/350. Yes, your mileage may suffer, but the F250, 350 & 450s are built to be Tough!

I have never driven an 150 EcoBoost but as my Sig shows I do have a F250 and do not regret going to that size for all of the above reasons.
__________________
2015 Ford F250 Lariat SD CC STDB
2015 Jayco WhiteHawk 27DSRL (Sold)
2017 KZ Durango D281RLT.
RSerendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 03:12 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: White Bear Lake
Posts: 409
What you outlined, except 2,200 lbs payload, 11,200 towing (non-aluminum body), so was the biggest/baddest available at the time. I needed a daily driver, so the F-150 was the compromise. Next truck will probably be like the 250 you outlined. Love the Ecoboost, but also want/need the additional carrying capacity.
(Just so we're clear - milage in the Eco towing is not fantastic - I run about 10-10.5 in my long trips to all 3 coasts. But having it run 17-20 off tow, which is the primary use for it otherwise, has been great.) Having enough "grunt" to tow? - either will do the job very well!
You should get the 250, given you're towing more than I am.
__________________
2012 Ford F-150 Eco, SCrew, 4x4, MaxTow, HD Payload
SOB, used to be:Jayco 26.5 RLS
Flapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:30 PM   #36
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Baldwinsville
Posts: 4
I got the same trailer this year and I have f250 2010 with for package 5.4 engine. Power train does OK but I did add airbags to the rear. It shutter a bit on starts but after airbags and leveling truck it does good now. Set my cruise at 70 on ny state thruway and no problems at all. Tranny temp never went above normal.
lovetocamp4660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 11:59 PM   #37
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Chandler
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJP207 View Post
Ok, built the following on shop.ford.com

Ford SuperCrew
6-1/2' bed
4X4 Drive
3.5L V6 EcoBoost® Engine
3.73 Electronic Locking Axle Ratio
6-Speed Automatic Transmission
Max. When Properly Equipped
Payload: 2,650 lbs Towing: 11,500 lbs

My dealer, who I have been with a long time, says the ECOBoost is a better haul unit then the Ford 250 described below with 3100 Payload and 12,100 Towing.

SuperCrew Super Duty F250
6-3/4' Bed
4X4 Drive
6.2L 2 Valve Flex Fuel V8 Gas Engine
Wheelbase: 156"
Rear Wheel Options: SRW
3.73 Electronic Locking Axle Ratio
TorqShift® 6-Speed SelectShift Automatic® O/D w/6.2L
Max. When Properly Equipped
Payload: 3,100 lbs Towing: 12,100 lbs

I would be hauling a 27.5 RLST Jayco, 8130 lbs., (from the yellow sticker on the unit after manufacture) plus cargo of 1800 lbs so around 10,000 lbs.

So what do you think? Super Duty or ECOboost.

LAKNOX, Flapper, or whomever-what is the payload and stats for your Ecoboost
Remember, =published= specs are for a base truck, single cab, 2wd, 1 150 lb driver and full fuel. The =only= way to know for sure, is to check the door sticker on a =specific= truck. Passengers, hitches, hitch, "stuff", all are part of the payload and you have to take those off the available payload to find the =net= payload for what weight pin you can carry. Personally, towing something this heavy with a 150/1500, while you might be able to do it, you likely won't be comfortable. Having the heavier suspension, axles and tires of a 250/2500 is just much more desirable. That floating axle =alone= is worth it, IMO. I've been in a vehicle that broke an axle and watched a wheel go spinning off into the weeds.

Lyle
LAKnox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 12:02 AM   #38
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Chandler
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetocamp4660 View Post
I got the same trailer this year and I have f250 2010 with for package 5.4 engine. Power train does OK but I did add airbags to the rear. It shutter a bit on starts but after airbags and leveling truck it does good now. Set my cruise at 70 on ny state thruway and no problems at all. Tranny temp never went above normal.
Hope you have LT's on your FW if you're cruising around at 70 mph. ST's are speed limited to 65 mph in almost all cases. The Carlisle RH is limited to 80-something, but that's the only ST I've seen that has that high a rating.

Lyle
__________________

LAKnox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.