Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-26-2018, 09:21 AM   #1

Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS Low Drain

I have two labels for the low drain points; one in the rear under the bumber and one near the grey water valve that I believe indicates inside the basement panel where the water lines/bypass valves are located. After a long weekend of camping I wanted to drain the fresh water tank so opened the rear low drain and a small trickle came out; I know there was alot more water in that tank. I couldn't locate a low drain plug inside the basement panel. What am I missing?? TIA
jonesykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 11:52 AM   #2

I have a 2017 Eagle HT 28.5 RSTS. Pretty similar to youe set up. In the back right corner there is 2 hoses that point down on mine. Both are connected to the fresh water tank and start releasing water once my tank is full for boondocking.

The other low point drains that are in the front left by the Grey handle are indeed the low point drain for winterizing IMO. I have to open up a access panel in the garage and on the floor inside where all the stuffs at is 2 "T" handles floor level. If you pull either one up (one on red/hot and one on Blue/cold) it will drain all the lines in the rig through the low point drain.

I also have my normal water tank drain which is a cheap plastic petcock that you turn 180 degress and water trickles out in the back right corner. It took a hour of driving home yesterday to empty the 43 gallons. (full tank)

Only reason I filled it all the way up to overflowing is we just bought this rig 2 weeks ago and I am still learning the systems too.
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 07:15 PM   #3

I also have my normal water tank drain which is a cheap plastic petcock that you turn 180 degress and water trickles out in the back right corner. It took a hour of driving home yesterday to empty the 43 gallons. (full tank)

Only reason I filled it all the way up to overflowing is we just bought this rig 2 weeks ago and I am still learning the systems too.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! Sounds about right; so the trickle was the water tank drain I guess. I thought I was missing something b/c my very old hybrid was so easy to figure the water out and with the underbody covered I really can't see the fresh water tank.
jonesykay is offline   Reply With Quote