Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-02-2017, 10:47 AM   #1

Eagle HT 27.5RLTS

Any owners of one of these ever seen the underside "naked", without the belly covering? I'm specifically wanting to know if there's room for a larger black tank, as the 32.5 gal tank is pretty anemic for those of us who like to boondock.

Lyle
LAKnox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 08:51 AM   #2

Never seen one but for long boondock we take the blue boy and have never had any issues. This would probably cost a lot less and would not void your warranty.
2016 Ford F250 (TOTALED BY DRUNK DRIVER)
US Army Retired (27 yrs). AT&T Retired (16 yrs)

fowl8717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 04:45 PM   #3

I'd certainly wait until warranty was out before any mod like this. I'd rather spend the money on a larger tank than spending it on a tote and a macerator pump to fill it in the bed of my truck. We're talking =real= boondocking, about 30 miles from the nearest dump. :-)

Lyle
Old 03-05-2017, 10:02 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKnox View Post
I'd certainly wait until warranty was out before any mod like this. I'd rather spend the money on a larger tank than spending it on a tote and a macerator pump to fill it in the bed of my truck. We're talking =real= boondocking, about 30 miles from the nearest dump. :-)

Lyle
Thanks for the clarification. I did enough of that kind of boondocking to last me a lifetime while in the Army. LOL.
2016 Ford F250 (TOTALED BY DRUNK DRIVER)
US Army Retired (27 yrs). AT&T Retired (16 yrs)

fowl8717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 10:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowl8717 View Post
Thanks for the clarification. I did enough of that kind of boondocking to last me a lifetime while in the Army. LOL.
I guess you'd call it "glamping". :-)

Lyle
Old 03-06-2017, 08:02 AM   #6

Just pulled the underbelly covering from my Eagle266RKS TT last week, to clean my black tank rinser. Based on what I found, there's plenty of room for a wider (front to back) black tank, but possibly not longer (side to side). Definitely NOT ROOM FOR A DEEPER TANK! The problem you're going to run into is mounting it. There is a hole for the BWT cut into the plywood "subfloor" (your heat ducts, elect. lines, and water lines run through the space between this subfloor and the top floor). There are aluminum mounting brackets screwed into the underside of that subfloor which hold the mounting flange on the black tank. You'd probably have to remove those mounting brackets, cut that hole in the subfloor to fit the new tank, insert the new tank (tilting it to fit it through the hole), and reinstall the mounting brackets. I have no idea if/how the tank attaches to the mounting brackets, since I couldn't see the top of the tank - where I suspect any attachments may be located.

It could probably be done, but may not be a job for the average DIYer, like me. I'd suggest discussing it with your RV dealer's service tech before making any decisions. In the end, purchasing a portable tote may be the best way to go.

Just my $.02