Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-21-2014, 08:38 PM   #1

Eagle HT 27.5RLTS interior heights

We are considering buying a fifth wheel for extended travel. The floorplan for the 27.5 RLTS looks good. I have kidney disease and I have to do dialysis treatments, even when traveling. The rear layout with the recliners would be perfect. The concern I have is the interior ceiling heights, especially in the bathroom and bedroom. I haven't been able to find the measurements online and haven't remembered to call Jayco during business hours. Does anyone know the measurements? They are important since I am 6' 6" tall.

David
dreaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:08 AM   #2

On the Jayco website, http://www.jayco.com/products/fifth-...le-ht/275rlts/

It shows that the interior bedroom height would be 74 inches. You kinda exceed that one... Just a smidge.
John LLRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:46 AM   #3

We just picked up a 2013 Eagle Premier. I'm 6'-3" and the bedroom is real tight on the rear side, forward closet side I have to crouch. Bathroom is OK for me. You should also ask about shower headroom height and shower head height. Those can be a real challenge for the not vertically challenged.

My wife (5'), doesn't see what I'm complaining about.
Imnaha.Mansion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 05:56 PM   #4

I owned a 2011 Eagle HT 26.5RLS & the low areas are as follows: The entrance door (always duck especially when exiting); The sofa/dinette slide is under 6' tall (I was always knocking my head on it); The bedroom is tall when first entering but quickly decreases in height as you move towards the head of the bed. At 6'2". I cleared everything except for the aforementioned items, but you might not. It was a nice little unit for short term camping but for longer periods, we found that we needed something larger. When I purchased it, I had a half ton truck that I wasn't ready to get rid of yet so I needed something lighter. We have met full-timers with smaller rigs than this, but it is really up to the individual as to your needs in size and weight.
2013 Jayco Premier 321 RLTS w/Atwood Levelegs (now removed)
ckdixon is offline   Reply With Quote