Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-13-2018, 05:19 PM   #1

Eagle HT 27.5RLTS warranty work finally

Just took my Eagle HT into RVOne in Tampa, for the 5 things that needed to be corrected.
* bed mattress needed replaced, really crappy mattress left two deep depressions after 4 weeks of use.

* Mirror fell off medicine cabinet door and crashed onto the floor. Install new mirror hopefully without double back tape this time.

* Bathroom sliding doors make an ungodly noise. Replace rollers

* Fix door jam that was bent from factory. Door kept coming open going down the road, only thing kept it closed was the swing arm handle over it.

* Adjust the TV slide that makes a loud pop/bang noise when it finally releases from the wall. Rear of slide opens first then the front gets jammed before it releases from wall. Tech originally said it just needed silicone spray, I think not!

These things were taken to RVOne Tampa, back on October 2, 2017 after our first 4 week trip. It has taken 4 months to get to this point for a service appointment to address the problems. I hope everything gets done ok, RVOne is in a construction mode right now and the place is really tore up, with limited space for vehicles. I will let all know how this goes and Im crossing my fingers that all goes as planned. Got some trips planned and want to get it loaded up again.
2014 F350 SD Lariat, 4X2, Ext.Cab 8'Bed, 6.2Ltr gas, 4:30 Rear ratio
2008 Cedar Creek Fifth Wheel 34TSA, 37' (traded in)
2017 Jayco Eagle HT Fifth Wheel 27.5 RLTS
bogadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 05:38 PM   #2

Our 29.5BHOK is in for a few of the same issues. Medicine cabinet mirror was sliding down but had not fallen off yet. Dealer said they would add mirror clips at no extra charge. We had the same problem with the mattress, ours has shipped and that is all we are waiting on now.

Eric B.
EricB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:46 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricB View Post
Our 29.5BHOK is in for a few of the same issues. Medicine cabinet mirror was sliding down but had not fallen off yet. Dealer said they would add mirror clips at no extra charge. We had the same problem with the mattress, ours has shipped and that is all we are waiting on now.

Eric B.
Eric,
I guess you were lucky that it didn't fall off completely. Mine ended up in a bunch of little pieces on the bathroom floor. Unfortunately it happened the day before we left for our month long trip up north. Florida is a bit too hot for double back tape to hold on. I'm sure a new engineer trying to save a few bucks thought this was a good idea until it wasn't anymore. I am just glad that it didn't happen late at night and I rushed in with no shoes on, that would not have ended well.

My hope is that the bed is a better quality bed than what Jayco put in originally. They tell me it is still a Simmons mattress but instead of the bottom line of mattress's maybe they put the next step up. I don't expect them to put a really good one in, but if a whole lot of people had the same problem and they went and put in 2 mattress's for every RV they built, they could have put in a better one the first time, and cheaper in the long run. I think after the first week at best, laying in the mattress I found myself heading for the side of the bed. No matter how I tried I kept rolling towards the edge.
Old 02-27-2018, 06:56 PM   #4

Well, we picked up our Jayco Eagle HT 27,5RLTS and all the items were fixed that were on the list. There was one BUT to the list though, the new door frame was replaced with new screen and new door, the BUT was the door did not come with the decals on it. This was hard to understand as the factory sent the door frame complete and never thought that we would need the decals.
My first thought was why not just use the old door with the decals on it. The tech told me that when they have done this in the past, the old door in the new frame never fits correctly and it would leak. I don't know this sounds a bit strange but I have to take his word for it.
I had to go back today to see if they had ordered the parts as I had no record of them doing so. They didn't give me any paperwork when I picked up the trailer after service was through. So, I stopped today and of course no one had any record of what I was talking about and were going to send an email to someone who knew something until the tech walked in who had worked on my RV. He went and checked the computer and found that no one had ordered the decals and he put in a slip for the person to do so. So, now I hope they will get them in the next six months or so before the 2 yr warranty runs out. Sheesh! I'm just glad it was not a big problem that needed fixed.